Found 21 of over 358 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good colleagues and good work exposure to aerospace industry and can get to meet people from aerospace industry." (in 22 reviews)
- "work life balance is good" (in 17 reviews)
- "Good people to work with." (in 12 reviews)
- "Stable job with good bonus" (in 10 reviews)
- "Conducive working environment" (in 7 reviews)
Reviews about "bonus"Return to all Reviews
- 3.015 Jul 2018Aviation Vehicle SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSembawang Estate,
Stable work environment. Bonus is good.
Lower than average basic salary compared to market rate with an ever increasing job scope and red tapes. Doing the same job as a sign on regular serviceman but with lower salaries, welfare and personal freedom. Lack of Recognition of contribution by the military establishment as you could lose your job anytime just for a small mistake. Semi private company but employs too many ex regulars with a mindset that thinks that they are still in the military.4
- 2.013 Nov 2014Aerospace Design EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Unlimited amount of learning. People are friendly if not jaded. Independent work culture.
Promotions follow a bell shaped curve. Usually given out to scholars first regardless of work attitude or performance. Working hard or being good at your job does not qualify for a promotion or higher performance bonus at all.1
- 3.018 Sept 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Good bonus payouts and job stability
Culture and practices are too militarised with draconian rules copied directly from the military. Olden times was worse; no camera/smart phones allowed. Staff has a retirement mindset and unwilling to change ideas/notions. As a result, many become 'clock-watchers' and not willing to work beyond the indicated working times. Do not join if you will be affected by ST overseas scholars being more preferred in career advancements (choice of good courses, projects etc) than yourself, or their preference for retired armed forces personnel.
- 2.07 Feb 2019Senior EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Friendly colleagues. Stable job. Bonus is reasonable. Good place for retirement as one becomes more senior. Chance to travel depending on business unit and department you join.
The lower in rank you are, the more work you do compared to the more senior folks. Most of the real work done by junior engineers while managers just supervise, but not helping to solve problems even if they know what the problem is. This culture permeates through to middle management and the juniors suffer. Little career development.5