Sabre Systems Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 2, 2020

Found 9 of over 88 reviews

4.8
Sabre Systems Chairman and CEO Phil Jaurigue
Phil Jaurigue
Pros
  • "Great team building events along with very good work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "Good Benefits, great working environments, good salary and great work-personal balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "great place(in 3 reviews)

• "If that's a CON, then come join us and help us grow further:-)(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nowhere else I'd rather be

Sep 2, 2020 - Marketing and Communications Manager in Lexington Park, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the last 3 years Sabre has shown me what it means to have a work family. From my direct coworkers all the way through top leadership I have felt my wants and needs were a concern and the people I was spending my time and energy with cared about me as a person. They have encouraged a healthy work-life balance so my career could work with my whole life and not against it. I have felt my opinions and ideas are highly valued and heard. I would recommend Sabre to anyone!!!

Cons

Nothing to share at this time.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

SabrePro vs an Employee Number

Apr 17, 2020 - Business Development in Lexington Park, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking for a company where Teamwork, Growth, Agility, Work/Life Balance, Health Benefits, and a Family Oriented Environment mean something to you, then there's no better choice. At Sabre you're viewed and treated as a SabrePro and not Employee Number.

Cons

Small mid-sized company, but growing.

Sabre Systems Response

Marketing and Communications Manager

Sabre's size allows us to have the personal touch of a small business but the opportunities of a large organization. Employees do not get lost in the shuffle as can happen with much larger companies. They are seen and recognized for their contributions while being awarded the opportunity to grow as Sabre takes on new challenges and grows in our capabilities.

3. 5.0

Great Company To Learn And Grow With

Mar 2, 2020 - IT Project Manager in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, Supportive opportunities to add continued education and ccertifications. Interesting projects that add value, safety, and cutting edge technology solutions to Sabre and various Federal and Civillian clients. Great team building events along with very good work life balance

Cons

No cons currently to report at this time

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work

Feb 12, 2020 - .NET Technical Lead in Alexandria, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company where employees grow nourished in a very conducive and supportive environment. Sabre provides a great work-life balance engaging employees in many fun activities and events outside work. At work, one will like the strong ethics obvious in the services delivered by Sabre to the clients. Its one of the best places to work where pay and benefits are cool and most importantly one will find a positive atmosphere for career growth.

Cons

Couldn't find one at this time. We are not a huge company but are striding forward well to grow big. Come join us, you will not regret.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company with Great Culture!

Feb 4, 2020 - Project Support Specialist in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Family type feeling company (not too big not too small) -Plenty of opportunity for growth -Very accommodating to work/life balance -Upper management is very easily accessible to speak to or approach -Monthly happy hours and special outings to help boost overall morale -Great benefits (401K matching and paying for dental premiums) -More paid holidays off than just the major ones

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An Employee Focused Company

Jul 26, 2019 - Vice President Engineering in Manchester, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I find that Sabre truly understands that its people are its most important resource and lives up to its "People First" values. The company not only treats everyone with respect but also stresses the importance of a work / life balance. All 400 employees in the company not only have access to the President but to the Owner as necessary. Conversely, I have experienced multiple instances of the company going at risk to avoid laying off personnel in cases where contracts were delayed which would be unheard of at large defense contractors.

Cons

The mid tier size of the company, too large to be a small business and too small to compete with large businesses, at times become prohibitive in obtaining contracts for growth.

7. 5.0

Company with Vision

Jun 5, 2019 - Facility Security Officer in Lexington Park, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sabre promised me a work life balance when they offered me a positions. They have not only lived up to that but exceeded what I was looking for. Now this isn't to say that there haven't been time when extra hours was needed to meet the mission, that is to be expected. But I am not working full time plus extra every week. The President/COO is one of the best leaders I have worked for and truly stands by anything he says. They care about each employee, there are no numbers here. He is always looking and asking for ideas to make the employee feel like this is the place they want to stay and grow in their Careers. I sit in meetings every week were they are planning for the future. Looking at how to stay competitive but still put the employees needs as something that is important. I have worked for many companies and never have I felt from upper management that I am important. Granted we are all replaceable that is the nature of this business, but it is one thing to know that it is other to be made to feel that way.

Cons

Over all I don't have any complaints. The 401k is on the low side for matching.

8. 5.0

Human Resources Coordinator

Aug 19, 2016 - Human Resources Coordinator in Warrington, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office environment, wonderful team work ethic, highly visible with upper management, very involved with community outreach and great work life balance.

Cons

Not very close to the city

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good experience

Dec 3, 2012 - Manager in Warrington, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance, obtainable expectations, good communication between employees at various offices, average health benefits, new headquarters in Warrington, PA as of 2011 in completely new building.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities, lack of direction from specific managers, extremely large gap in salaries between Director and Manager level, headquarters are located in undesireable area.

3 people found this review helpful