Schneider Employee Reviews about "home time"

Updated 22 Jan 2021

Found 64 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke
Pros
  • "If you have a great dispatcher or driver business leader, you will love your job(in 58 reviews)

• "Awesome place to work, great people(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay per mile, freight going to north east(in 40 reviews)

• "Dispatch is illogical and sporadic(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "home time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great

22 Jan 2021 - OTR Team Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team leaders are always willing to work with you, decent home time, no rushing you, good equipment.

Cons

Some older trailers that have annoying landing gear.

Marketing

Thank you for the feedback of your driver experience with our team, equipment and home time. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here as an over the road truck driver. Drive safe out there!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

16 Jan 2021 - Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Home time when needed

Cons

None yet so far been great

Marketing

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We are so glad you are enjoying your driving job here. Stay safe out there.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Honest company

28 Jul 2020 - Company Driver in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honest company! Very family oriented. The training is amazing and helps you succeed in your truck career. Love the way they operate. There methods and tools make it so much easier for the driver. Consistent miles and great home time. They really care about you as a person and your family. Decent pay and decent trucks. Love Schneider! Thank you for all you do for the industry.

Cons

Pay could be a little better. And newer trucks should go to senior drivers first and then down from them in my opinion.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company starting out

5 Jan 2021 - Walmart Dedicated Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a good company to gain experience but the pay isn’t there unless you’re looking for a company with great benefits.

Cons

Pay, equipment, favoritism, home time

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank yo so much for your review and feedback. We are glad you are finding value in your experience here. Stay safe.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Safety focused company with some basic issues

17 Nov 2019 - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a company who touts safety first and actually means safety first, which in this industry is rare. I am running on a no touch- dedicated account which is what I was looking for when searching for new jobs. I have a pretty nice truck.

Cons

Like most companies, their recruiters promise things they won't keep. In this case, due to it being a dedicated account, I was told the average miles per week, the average pay, and home time. I understand a company cannot keep every promise it issues, but practically speaking, almost everything the recruiter told me is different then what he told me over the phone. I am gone for 8 to 10 days at a time, running decent miles, and the pay is no where near what he had said. Communication is a big key here, I was reprimanded early on for failing to communicate as much as they wanted me to. I fixed the issue and was commended for it, but management began to fail on their end. After a pretty bad load, where I was expected from a customer to move freight, even though I am not suppose to touch freight, as it is a NO-TOUCH job- I don't get paid to do such things. I called my manager, who relayed to me that he was on another call and asked what I needed. I told him to call me ASAP. Five days and ten calls later, and he still has yet to get back to me. This is the definition of unprofessional!

1 person found this review helpful

Digital Media Representative

Thank you so much for your review and the feedback. Safety is our core value and we are so glad you experienced that first hand as a driver and value it as much as we do. We are truly sorry that you were not called back in a timely manner, we hope your DBL was able to correct the issue. Please continue to reach out to your DBL and any other of our driver support team when you have concerns. Be safe and take care.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to Start

17 Nov 2020 - OTR Driver in Gary, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training program Driver Managers are very helpful Plenty of home time

Cons

Not great pay Truck driving is not for everybody

7. 3.0

Just okay

13 Oct 2020 - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent starting job fresh out of CDL school

Cons

Recruiters LIE No home time to make money

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Proffessional

6 Jul 2020 - Truck Driver in Gary, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Home time is hard to get on a weekly or biweekly basis

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Training program but pay doesn't add up

20 May 2019 - Inter-modal Driver in Baton Rouge, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schneider has great training and a great company culture in Chicago.

Cons

Whatever the recruiter promises you should be taken with a grain of salt. They will have ads saying you could make $70,000 or 80,000 per year but even for a guy like me who hustles, I still was only grossing about 900 to 1200 per week. But you are only out for 3 weeks at a time, then you get to go home for a week. That was one of the great things about intermodal, but the pay does not line up with what they say in the ads. Even if you net $1000 per week for 3 weeks and then have the 4th week off, that comes out to $3000 per month that you are bringing home. If you say something about this to your driver manager, they will tell you to just stay out longer and don't go home after every 3 weeks, but that was one of the major selling points of taking this position, being able to go home after every 3 weeks for a full week off (2 days of travel and 5 days of actual home time). But lets say you didn't ever go home and lets say your average gross pay was $1000 per week. That still only comes out to $52,000. Throw a $10,000 bonus on top of that (if that is offered in your area) and you still only get to $62,000. At least that gets you closer to $70,000 ...just not close enough...especially since that means you don't ever go home, so it's not even realistic. So, realistically, expect to gross between $36,000 to $43000 per year (not including any hire-on bonus).

7 people found this review helpful

Digital Media Representative

Thanks for the great review! You're right! Schneiders new trucks and great training make it a fantastic place to drive for. Integrity is our core value and we are very careful with the words in our ads. Pay is determined by experience, the account and location and we evaluate pay weekly to make sure we are competitive in the marketplace. Take care.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

That's truckin

20 May 2019 - Class A Truck Driver in Des Moines, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can make good money on regional/otr you gotta have good time management. No camera. They are good at getting you back to your set home time. Can take the truck home with you

Cons

Even with good time management you can still have problems with shippers receivers, also equipment problems can happen. Switching to all automatics,cms,lane breaching. Not all trucks have apu's and inverters. Ambient temperature idle cutoff between 20 and 70. There solution for a cpap machine is a car battery and inverter of your truck doesn't have a inverter and if you cant idle the ciggie lighter cuts off at 12v. Vest/ phone policy

Digital Media Representative

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your driving job. Take care.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 Reviews