Schneider Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated 13 May 2020

3.1
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke
Pros
  • "Schneider has many really great people(in 37 reviews)

• "Good home time for dedicated, get paid well if you run(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for positions compared to similar roles at other companies(in 40 reviews)

• "Dispatch is not very knowledgeable(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good for beginners"

4.0
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at Schneider full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family atmosphere, good miles, terminals in almost every state

Cons

low pay per mile, freight going to north east

2. "Good for initial experience, but not to stay"

I have been working at Schneider

Pros

Training, experience, nice helpful people

Cons

Low pay, micromanagement, too big

3. "Rn"

I worked at Schneider part-time

Pros

Coworkers were always so helpful.

Cons

Low pay So turn over rate high

March 23, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your honesty and work hard to ensure we are competitive with pay in today's market. We also work hard to make our associates feel appreciated and enjoy coming to work every day. We wish you all the best.

4. "They are all the same, low pay and they don’t care about you. Want you to run otr or pay you $900 gross weekly"

2.0
    Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Schneider

Pros

Benefits and a $500 weekly paycheck

Cons

Revolving Door You are shipped in and out like cattle You are just a warm body They honestly DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU Very low pay Very low pay Pay The pay

May 6, 2020Corporate Communications

Thanks for the review and feedback. This type of behavior does not reflect who we are and we have a large driver support team to help with concerns like this. We can assure you one of our core values is Respect for All.

5. "Terrible to drive for, low miles, never received hiring bonus"

1.0
    Former Employee - OTR Company Driver in Gary, IN

I worked at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

Safety and training program

Cons

Low miles and low pay

Continue reading
  6. "Room for growth/promotion"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

Typically start in an entry level position with lots of opportunity for promotion and growth. The company really invests in you and your growth and development.

Cons

Low pay for positions compared to similar roles at other companies.

October 25, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and review. We review pay weekly to make sure it's competitive in the marketplace. We have an open door policy and always want to hear concerns like this from our associates. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

7. "Long hours expected for low pay"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver

I worked at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

Constant work that’s about it

Cons

Expect too much for low pay

September 25, 2019Digital Media Representative

We are so glad you were always rolling while you were a driver here but we are sorry you feel our pay was low. We are constantly evaluating pay and ensuring that we are competitive within the industry. Pay is based on driver experience and the account. Best of luck and drive safe.

8. "Entry-Level"

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work if you shuttle trailers back and forth. As workload increases, SLIGHTLY higher pay. Management ok.

Cons

Easy work=very low pay. They get away with paying drivers such a small wage because they take drivers straight out of driving school. Turnover rate is extremely high. Supposed to be "slip-seat" and no seniority, but of course that's not the case.

August 8, 2019Digital Media Representative

Thank you for the candidate feedback and review. We know we're not perfect in everything we do but we are listening to drivers to make Schneider better. We have a hire-to-retire philosophy and many drivers that have over 10 or 20 plus years with us. Thank you and drive safe!

"It was okay"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Newton, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed dedicated routes. The training was very good.

Cons

Low pay. Six day work week. Forced into seeking other employment after refusing sleep apnea sleep study from a survey. Was retaliated against after declining an unsafe assignment. Waited on loads for a week twice before i returned the tractor and trailer.

June 11, 2019Digital Media Representative

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry you felt this way. Safety First is our number one core value that includes our drivers and others on the road.

"Not A Good Company"

1.0
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stable Company, Respected, Better than normal safety, Ok Trucks but only the newest trucks have refrigerator or inverters. Has many terminals.

Cons

Low Pay, Poor Management, No Longer a Blue Collar Company, Too Many Graduates who think they are smarter than you, Abandoned while Traveling for Schneider Business, Support Services from Green Bay is Terrible, Unrealistic expectations, basically a very cheap company, No Consequences for Lying Leadership, 110% Turn Over Rate, Onguard Braking Malfunctions alot - no remedy - The basically have failed to properly implement a true LEAN environment and now have a defective trucking culture that is in digress. No money to be made here. no longer an industry leader. Went from Great to just Ok. Many terminals are just nasty and unhelpful.

May 21, 2019Digital Media Representative

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry you felt this way. Drivers are the lifeblood of our company. We know trucking can be tough and that's why we have a huge initiative to make the driver experience even better at Schneider. And our driver leaders and all associates work for our drivers. Best of luck to you and stay safe.

Found 40 reviews