Schneider Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated 21 Jan 2021

Found 40 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke
Pros
  • "If you have a great dispatcher or driver business leader, you will love your job(in 58 reviews)

• "Awesome place to work, great people(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay per mile, freight going to north east(in 40 reviews)

• "Dispatch is illogical and sporadic(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

GREAT COMPANY

21 Jan 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome environment to work in

Cons

Low pay and bad commission structure

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for feedback. We do review these comments and take the feedback to necessary parties. We appreciate your time and honesty and wish you all the very best in your future!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good for beginners

13 May 2020 - OTR Truck Driver in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family atmosphere, good miles, terminals in almost every state

Cons

low pay per mile, freight going to north east

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible to drive for, low miles, never received hiring bonus

22 Mar 2020 - OTR Company Driver in Gary, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Safety and training program

Cons

Low miles and low pay

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

They are all the same, low pay and they don’t care about you. Want you to run otr or pay you $900 gross weekly

2 Mar 2020 - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and a $500 weekly paycheck

Cons

Revolving Door You are shipped in and out like cattle You are just a warm body They honestly DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU Very low pay Very low pay Pay The pay

Corporate Communications

Thanks for the review and feedback. This type of behavior does not reflect who we are and we have a large driver support team to help with concerns like this. We can assure you one of our core values is Respect for All.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good for initial experience, but not to stay

11 Mar 2020 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training, experience, nice helpful people

Cons

Low pay, micromanagement, too big

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Room for growth/promotion

24 Oct 2019 - Senior Customer Service Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Typically start in an entry level position with lots of opportunity for promotion and growth. The company really invests in you and your growth and development.

Cons

Low pay for positions compared to similar roles at other companies.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and review. We review pay weekly to make sure it's competitive in the marketplace. We have an open door policy and always want to hear concerns like this from our associates. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

7. 3.0

Rn

5 Mar 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were always so helpful.

Cons

Low pay So turn over rate high

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your honesty and work hard to ensure we are competitive with pay in today's market. We also work hard to make our associates feel appreciated and enjoy coming to work every day. We wish you all the best.

8. 3.0

It was okay

28 May 2019 - Truck Driver in Newton, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed dedicated routes. The training was very good.

Cons

Low pay. Six day work week. Forced into seeking other employment after refusing sleep apnea sleep study from a survey. Was retaliated against after declining an unsafe assignment. Waited on loads for a week twice before i returned the tractor and trailer.

Digital Media Representative

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry you felt this way. Safety First is our number one core value that includes our drivers and others on the road.

9. 1.0

Not A Good Company

15 Apr 2019 - OTR Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable Company, Respected, Better than normal safety, Ok Trucks but only the newest trucks have refrigerator or inverters. Has many terminals.

Cons

Low Pay, Poor Management, No Longer a Blue Collar Company, Too Many Graduates who think they are smarter than you, Abandoned while Traveling for Schneider Business, Support Services from Green Bay is Terrible, Unrealistic expectations, basically a very cheap company, No Consequences for Lying Leadership, 110% Turn Over Rate, Onguard Braking Malfunctions alot - no remedy - The basically have failed to properly implement a true LEAN environment and now have a defective trucking culture that is in digress. No money to be made here. no longer an industry leader. Went from Great to just Ok. Many terminals are just nasty and unhelpful.

Digital Media Representative

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry you felt this way. Drivers are the lifeblood of our company. We know trucking can be tough and that's why we have a huge initiative to make the driver experience even better at Schneider. And our driver leaders and all associates work for our drivers. Best of luck to you and stay safe.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Entry-Level

23 Jul 2019 - Class A Truck Driver in Fontana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work if you shuttle trailers back and forth. As workload increases, SLIGHTLY higher pay. Management ok.

Cons

Easy work=very low pay. They get away with paying drivers such a small wage because they take drivers straight out of driving school. Turnover rate is extremely high. Supposed to be "slip-seat" and no seniority, but of course that's not the case.

Digital Media Representative

Thank you for the candidate feedback and review. We know we're not perfect in everything we do but we are listening to drivers to make Schneider better. We have a hire-to-retire philosophy and many drivers that have over 10 or 20 plus years with us. Thank you and drive safe!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews