Singtel Employee Reviews about "red tape"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 56 of over 2,349 reviews

3.8
Singtel Group CEO Kuan Moon Yuen
Kuan Moon Yuen
Pros
  • "one of best good work life balance(in 161 reviews)

• "Great culture and working environment(in 105 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be improved further(in 109 reviews)

• "A lot of red tape / beureucracy(in 57 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "red tape"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great working culture

Mar 15, 2021 - Management Associate in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prioritise transformation and change with an agile mindset.

Cons

Many red tapes to hurdle, which is expected for a huge GLC.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Slow and Top heavy

Nov 30, 2021 - Procurement Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff canteen and central location

Cons

Lots of red tape and inflexible Functional managers spend more time pandering to the top than doing actual work. Career progress is non-existent within the team. Lack of competency - most of the management do not have relevant past experience and incapable of change. Very dinosaur work culture, spend alot of time in meetings with little outcome. No trust between management and working level.

3 people found this review helpful

Director People Experience

Hey there Thanks for your comments. Yes indeed the canteen has one of the most affordable food and the central location is really great! You have really pointed out several great reflections! They are really important points and only when we talk about it openly, and for that matter, proactively make the effort to feedback/ and change, can we truly move forward as a company. As for leaders who fall short, it might be good to find a way to give the feedback to them. It might possibly be a blind spot to them and the feedback would certainly be beneficial for their own reflections and development. Importantly, for us to move forward, all of us must play our parts, as leaders, and as employees. I do strongly encourage you to share your feedback with your people manager or leaders whom you are comfortable to talk to. Thanks again and please stay safe.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Working at Singtel

Oct 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The strategic reset is forward looking and Singtel is a stable company that has been around for over 100 years. Colleagues are helpful.

Cons

More collaboration, less silos required within and across teams. Singtel Group also just launched its new purpose - Empower Every Generation. This needs to be applied throughout the business and sustained because we currently see too much hierarchy and red tape. All levels of the business must be empowered to do their job well and happily, while maximising teamwork and staying accountable.

1 person found this review helpful

Director People Experience

Hi there Lovely to read your comments. I totally connect with what you have shared. I personally feel there are a lot of areas that we can improve on and positively I have seen much works done over the 5 years I’ve been with the company. I am also excited by the recent strengthened focus on people that our leaders have spoken much about as well as the articulation of the group purpose and the refreshed Core Values. It certainly energised many I spoke to. I supposed what leaves us now is to commit ourselves as individuals to this renewed energy and be part of this change journey! Thanks for being part of this awesome team!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Transformation needs to be sustained

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

stable company and got to meet nice people

Cons

new purpose launch of empower every generation is respectable, but needs to start with getting own staff empowered first. Revise approach of top-down directives and KPIs, reduce approval layers, red tapes and processes that hinders getting real work done.

Director People Experience

Hey there, Noted you have registered as an ex employee and I really want to thank you for sharing your comments here. Agree that there is a lot to be done after launching the new purpose and the refreshed values. And if I may add, stating them purpose and refreshing the values is a great start as it energised people and rallies employees together. But the real work starts now for all of us to internalise and make the purpose come to life. Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts and I do wish you all the very best in your endeavors.

5. 4.0
      Former Intern

Good experience

Sep 10, 2021 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive teammates who are willing to guide you along

Cons

A lot of red tape and difficult to push new ideas

Director People Experience

Hi there Thanks for sharing your comments and great to know you had good support and guidance from your teammates during your internship. I do not know the details of your comment on the new ideas but I do believe it will egg the team on and give them great perspectives of how things can improved over time. Appreciate your sharing and please take care!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good exposure

Sep 9, 2021 - Management Associate Program
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Min input, max output - Diverse, especially working under subsidiary of Singtel group, NCS - family oriented culture

Cons

- red tapes - many old guards in the company - hard to navigate within the organisation due to lack of support

Director People Experience

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Great to note the positive areas that work for you but certainly regret to know of those that do not especially the parts about finding it hard to navigate the company due to lack of support. If it helps, you might want to share your thoughts with your manager or People partner. We do value each and every employee and I am sure your feedback will go a long way to help us improve and create a workplace that is conducive for us to deliver great work. Please take care and stay safe.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good employers but a lot of red tape

Aug 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good brand name Fair employers Good benefits Decent pay

Cons

A lot of red tape

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Dilution of Culture

Sep 3, 2021 - Global Account Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reputable and received brand name

Cons

Red tapes and rigid culture

Director People Experience

Hi there, Thanks for penning your thoughts here. I do agree that there are many processes that needs to be worked on and I do want to share that our leaders recognise it and are working on it. It will take time but I’m sure with all employees working together to change things, we can only get better! We do really appreciate your time to share your comments here despite having left the company. Here’s wishing you the very best in your endeavors!

9. 3.0