Found 809 of over 896 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- 5.020 Jun 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Really welcoming, supports personal growth path, takes action when committing to something - for example Diversity & Inclusion pledge.
Everyone is really helpful but it may take some time to find your way in cross-functional roles.
- 4.013 Sept 2023WaiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChipping Norton, England
- £13 per hour plus tronc is probably the best wage in the industry after completing 3 months probation. - Free food is provided at every breakfast, lunch, and dinner for staff. The quality of food is generally very good, with options for Vegans etc. 30 min break is also paid. - Managers are generally friendly and well experienced. -If on a Part-time contract, they give you great flexibility throughout the day / week. - Meet lots of interesting and influential guests. - Lot of activities for staff each month. For example, Spa Days, food and drink workshops, etc. - Mental health is taken seriously with several mental health first aiders around the farm -Great staff discounts. Opportunities to bring family and friends to the restaurant when not working. Probably the best "entry level" job I have had. I had zero experience of hospitality before starting at Soho.
If on a full-time contract, it can be very difficult and fatiguing. Many of my colleagues would have shifts which finished at 1 or 2am and would be expected at work first thing in the morning at 10am. Wouldn't recommend if possible. Some disorganisation between the bar and the food service. Typically delays in the service which leads to angry customers. As the pay is good, high standards are expected. Incorrect uniform is never tolerated and staff are immediately sent home.
- 3.027 Aug 2023ReceptionistCurrent Employee
Great work relationships with my team. Members are lovely. Working in a creative environment means a lot to me. The working environment is lovely.
The company recently changed how they pay us in a way I strongly disagree with for a member’s club. I’d like a change.1
- 2.014 Sept 2023BartenderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
- wages are pretty good for the industry, plus they provide good benefits
- consistently terrible management - high standards and expectations for your work but you aren't given the tools or organization you need (literally, we never had bartending equipment we needed) - toxic work environment: pretty much everyone is overworked and unhappy - high turnover - pretends to be an inclusive work environment, but was not for me as a nonbinary trans person1
- 4.018 Sept 2023BartenderFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Good for starting bartenders to develop their skills.
Late hours mostly hectic and most of the time obnoxious guests.
- 1.025 Jul 2023Product OwnerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Nice office, great coffee and location
The core leadership at Soho House engineering is incredibly toxic, leading to a hostile atmosphere and an unbelievable churn of staff, which the leadership seem to have no interest in investigating. Unfortunately this will never change, since the core people causing this toxic atmosphere has been there for a long time, and there is a tight clique. The Digital Leadership is a laughing stock in the rest of the business, although the Directors seems to be unaware. The amount of sickness is staggering, but this is the result of bullying, which never gets addressed.2
Soho House & Co Reviews FAQs
Soho House & Co has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 896 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Soho House & Co to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
52% of Soho House & Co employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Soho House & Co 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.