Soho House & Co Employee Reviews about "people"
49% would recommend to a friend
(149 total reviews)
45% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay and referral bonus" (in 46 reviews)
- "Great people with a passion for hospitality" (in 42 reviews)
- "Good benefits and the ability to grow within the company." (in 39 reviews)
- "The staff was great and it felt like a team who had your back." (in 26 reviews)
- "Good salary and Future growing" (in 24 reviews)
Found 149 of over 946 reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 5.010 Sept 2022Membership Outreach ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
I love the people I work with, service staff members etc. I love that the people above me care about my experience and are willing to protect me.
None so far, its been lovely
- 2.014 Dec 2022Gym AttendantCurrent Employee
It gets rid of good employees well.
It should take care of people who have experience and care about the company's standards.
- 1.016 May 2022AnonymousFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Close to Covent Garden - good for lunch time shopping
Aggressive working environment Driven by male egos You ideally need to be middle class and white for people to take any notice of you Leaders make highly emotional snap decisions Terrible communication between leadership and staff3
- 4.06 Feb 2020Merchandising Administrative AssistantFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearLondon, England
I was temping with the Merchandising team who were all so nice. It was hard to adjust to such a friendly and welcoming group of people as previous jobs had not been this way. I was trained up quite quickyly and the team were patient with me while I learnt. The perks are amazing. Not only discount on products but also in the houses themselves. Plus House Fest which sounded amazing but I wasn't there while it was on. Unlike any other place I've worked, stepping out of my industry, but I was comfortable there. As a temp, they kept extending my contract, which meant I could be flexible with my time, the manager was very accommodating.
After I left, I was told that the HR team would provide a reference - they didn't. I emailed them several times about getting my P45 which they never sent and said I didn't need it. Not helpful when I was starting my new job. They also said I owed them money?? So I aksed how much and for more detail, that never arrived either. Odd way to operate.
- 2.07 Mar 2023Membership ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Good team mates and great to meet people
No clear direction from line managers, constantly changing objectives and not a lot of acknowledgment from management
- 1.07 Jul 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
I cant think of any
Worst place to work ever. Toxic culture - not enough wellness incentives or work from home flexibility. Only white men at the top. Cliquey and fake people. Long hours and zero work life balance. Rarely had any support from my manager who couldn’t be bothered to reply to messages half the time and wasn’t very empathetic to personal situations. Support office has a diversity problem - most people are youngare youngare young and white. Drugs were found in wellbeing room.7
- 1.025 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
People are talented and great
However I can't say the same about the leadership. Toxic environment, bare minimum holiday allowance, very male dominant leadership team who manage badly. Awful work life balance with no humanity involved in decision making. There is a high staff turnover due to bad managers, which alos seems to be ingnored. Progression is only for certain employees and huge gaps in salary1