Symless Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

Found 22 of over 22 reviews

4.4
Symless CEO Nick Bolton (no image)
Nick Bolton
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Symless is a great, friendly and open work enviroment

May 11, 2021 - Technical Support Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly Supportive Open Social Room to develop yourself All remote

Cons

All remote, although this is both a Pro and a Con

Head of Team Success (HR)

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm also pleased to know that you've had a positive experience. Hopefully, once the current pandemic restrictions ease, we'll have some opportunities for team members to meet up in person.

2. 2.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

No career growth, No appreciation.

Dec 11, 2020 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life Balance. CEO promotes learning. You will get to work with some* great co-workers. Good product. Diverse culture.

Cons

Just about everything else - The upper management seems to be unaware of the reality and the actual work that is done. - Lack of vision, hence all the work is urgent. - Some of the choices for the leadership positions are really surprising and clearly, some of them are unqualified to lead. - Management severely lacks leadership skills and qualities. - Everywhere that a poor (or 20 years out of date) decision could be made with the tech stack, they dived headfirst into it. - Constant Shifting in Planning and Execution - No Integrity in Leadership

CEO

Thank you for your candid review, and thanks for highlighting the positives (work life balance, learning opportunities, great co-workers, good product, and diverse culture). We are working to improve our employee experience and your feedback is very important to leadership. It is unfortunate that this role had to persevere through a lot of urgent work, which can be very stressful. We are currently hiring a Product Manager to try and provide a more consistent work experience to team members. If you want to reach out to me directly to expand on any of this feedback, you can email me directly (nick@symless.com). Thanks, Nick (CEO)

3. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jul 21, 2020 - Principal Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great product - Very smart & engaged co-workers - Nice tech-stack - A lot of flexibility

Cons

Can't think of any so far

Head of Team Success (HR)

Thanks for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it and we're really determined to make Symless a great place to work.

4. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Flexible and lots of development opportunities

Jun 11, 2020 - Social Media Manager in Northampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Despite the team being distributed worldwide, there are a lot of opportunities for fun social activities - All ideas are listened to and appreciated - Lots of opportunity for development - Super flexible - Work from home - Interact with a community of users across the world

Cons

I can't say I've experienced any yet

Head of Team Success (HR)

Thank you for the positive feedback, and we're delighted that our borderless, flexible staffing model is working well for you.

5. 4.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

After a year

Apr 21, 2020 - UI/User Experience Designer in Port Erin
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is encouraging to be part of a team/company that can see the value in UX and embraces it. May we continue to appreciate and value in different peoples strengths, the ability to agiley approach new ideas, actively seek better ways of doing things and continue to realise that everyone can contribute something to a good customer experience.

Cons

Why does there have to be any cons?

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing Opportunity at Symless

May 6, 2019 - Sales in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very fun and engaging work environment with great colleagues and a very well recognized and valued product offering. This is a company with exciting long term growth opportunities for the right candidates.

Cons

Working remotely I don't get to spend time in HQ with the development team.

CEO

Thank you for writing a review. We'll do our best to arrange time together with the team for our remote workers.

7. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Drive and Determination to do it right

Nov 20, 2018 - Business Confidante in Douglas
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO Nick is determined to get it right and recruit the best people to move the company and software forward to the next level. He is taking advice from experienced people both inside and outside the industry to help him create and execute a great strategy, recruit and retain the best people and develop and enhance synergy so it can be proudly placed in the market with excellent results. Nick is listening carefully to all the advice he is receiving but is making his own decisions after careful and considered thought for all stakeholders which has been great to witness. He wants to get it right. His communication style has been consultative, open and positive at all times. It has been a pleasure working with Nick over the past few months.

Cons

None so far that should put someone off considering Symless as a future employer of choice

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Symless Review

Nov 6, 2018 - Technical Support in Kiev, Kiev
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working in the company for several months, and I can say the following: 1. The company is really very cool. 2. Interesting tasks from clients and their solutions in a team. 3. Nick is a great manager. Able to listen, analyze, propose and make decisions. 4. You can learn a lot, because the product affects many operating systems. 5. Great team. All together we cope perfectly with the tasks and volumes of work. 6. A large amount of material for the study of Synergy. 7. It is very comfortable and pleasant to work as a whole.

Cons

I have no negative thoughts or opinions about the company or work in the company. Everything is very, very cool.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Focused and pro-active environment

Oct 22, 2018 - Senior Graphic Designer in Camberley, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team set clear and attainable goals. The work environment was always positive.

Cons

Too lenient with the unavoidable slackers. This has since been rectified.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for leaving feedback. We have since changed our recruitment strategy and interview process to raise the bar.

10. 4.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Stimulating company with supportive CEO

Oct 15, 2018 - Consultant - Strategy & Operations in Port Erin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged - Using modern kit - Excited client base (Disney!) - Fast-paced, every day is different - Freedom to explore new ideas and encouraged to voice them - Pizza, lots of pizza

Cons

- Transitioning from a traditional ‘old school’ software firm was a little difficult - The fast pace of a typical day was also something of a shock - CEO is a powerhouse of enthusiasm which can be a little difficult to get used to at first but ultimately it is a very good thing. - A fridge stocked with energy drinks for those evening brainstorming sessions would be nice!

10 people found this review helpful