Tegus Reviews

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 29 of over 29 reviews

4.7
Tegus Co-CEO Thomas & Michael Elnick (no image)
Thomas & Michael Elnick
  1. 5.0

Great benefits

Sep 23, 2021 - Compliance Associate in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

unlimited time off and great people

Cons

flat start up environment lacks structure at time

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Unicorn of Compliance Jobs!

Sep 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Highly engaged leadership team Incredibly smart and hungry team members throughout the organization Competitive pay and benefits Awesome leave policies and management buy-in on unlimited PTO Fun and energetic working environment

Cons

Not really a "con" but, as with any other high-growth tech company, the environment is fast-paced and high-engagement. Tegus hires with intention, so the work of each and every team member is important and highly visible.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic people and culture that help ease the major growing pains.

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

All employees are extremely kind, smart, and very helpful to all new employees. Leadership is extremely transparent about what is going on with the company and what direction they’re going in.

Cons

With the immense amount of growth Tegus experienced, there are some major growing pains and the SOPs are constantly changing. Teams, managers and roles are changing frequently as well as expectations. More specifically, an entry level role, and the largest role at the company, “Analyst”, is said to be the backbone of Tegus’s business however it is not treated as such. The role as an analyst is undervalued and underpaid. The hours are extremely long and to hit on target earnings in the role it is often the unspoken rule you must work beyond those already long company hours (8:30am to 6pm). More generally, employees are offered unlimited PTO and while employees are encouraged to use it during All Hands meetings by upper management, managers aren’t as supportive and critical of those that use their PTO.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company! Great culture! Great overall!

Aug 29, 2021 - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company! Great culture! Great overall! Great future outlook.

Cons

Nothing on my mind is bad.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0

Mistakenly Climbed onto a Rocketship

Aug 27, 2021 - Compliance Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I joined Tegus about a year and a half ago, I had thought I was signing on to a moderately sized start-up with some ambitious plans. Since then we have basically quadrupled in size with no slowdown in sight. Tegus has a great, intentional, and collaborative culture with two young brothers as Co-CEOs, and a terrific leadership team leading the charge. Leadership is transparent and leads by example, encouraging us to bring at least 1% more every day, while balancing it with a very employee-centric attitude and work-life balance, including a generous, unlimited PTO policy. Additionally, it has been fantastic to watch this organization's continued commitment to principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, in our hiring practices, pay equity, and opportunities offered for continuing education in the space. It has been an absolute thrill to watch the company grow and I am genuinely excited for the future prospects of this company. If you have the opportunity to join this rocketship, definitely climb aboard. I promise you won't regret it.

Cons

can't really think of one notable con to working here. Sorry, I guess?

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 24, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great and they value employees

Cons

It’s a startup so there is some fine tuning the machine.

Continue reading
  7. 5.0

Great Culture and Growing like WILDFIRE

Aug 12, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pro's but Unlimited PTO, Promotable Culture, Strong Leadership, Fun Co-Workers and working environment, good benefits and 401K matching.

Cons

There aren't very many cons besides longer work hours (8:30a-6pm). The management has an "all or nothing" mentality and works together as a team to over exceed our goals every month.

8. 5.0

Rewarding Workplace

Aug 10, 2021 - Senior Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture with a lot of benefits and help from everyone. The pay is generous and they give you a good steady bonus as opposed to a lot of previous sales jobs I have had where they con you by telling you only how much the highest earners make. This isn't one of those places - Almost, if not everyone, hits their on-target earnings and for the most part, well above it.

Cons

Could feel like a lot of work at times but you dictate your pace and how much you take on.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Highly Recommend as a Place to Work!

Aug 19, 2021 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I'd be lying if I said the job wasn't extremely challenging, but it's also the best job I've ever had. - The team is incredible! I am always excited for work on Monday morning. It's amazing to be a part of a team that has the same work ethic as I do, striving for continued success internally and externally. Everyone wants to be a little better each day. - Our clients are also incredible! I always look forward to connecting with them each and every day. They believe in Tegus, and it's so fun to be a part of that. - Managers rarely (if ever!) micromanage. There is a level of trust built that is unmatched. - We are often encouraged to take personal days and to enjoy time to ourselves throughout a work day. - DEI initiatives are valuable and they open doors for colleagues to become allies. - Can't knock the benefits! (unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, etc.) - The ability to work remote is still a work in progress post-pandemic, but we are hopeful that remote work can become a norm. Feeling successful as a working parent with the ability to work remote and still be there to pick up your kids from school, that's something to be grateful for. - I'd recommend a friend to work at Tegus any day! - There is definitely "something in the Kool-aid" because so many of us work hard every day for a company that we whole heartedly believe in. Tegus is the place to be.

Cons

- Need to be able to live in ambiguity. As a growing startup, changes happen frequently, and it tends to feel like you are aiming for a moving target in regards to growth and competencies. - First impressions and areas for growth are never forgotten. - Hours can feel long, but this is something that the company is aware of, and we are hopeful that adjustments are coming down the pipeline.

10. 5.0

Fun

Aug 2, 2021 - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working here because it is a very supportive job.

Cons

I do not like that we are not as diverse in respect to the people.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews