The Travel Corporation Reviews

Found 302 of over 315 reviews

3.2
The Travel Corporation CEO Brett Tollman
Brett Tollman
Pros
  • "I enjoyed my time at TTC tech there are great opportunities to learn and the people are amazing(in 21 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, sustainable company, gives back to community, room for growth within company(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay, super stressfull during peak season(in 14 reviews)

• "Travel industry salaries not the best(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Family Oriented Company

Jun 1, 2021 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There was a lot of learning and a very supportive leader.

Cons

The pandemic has had a negative impact. Long-term pay cut, with no prospect of salary restoration or border reopening.

People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with The Travel Corporation! We are thrilled to hear you are overall happy with your experience at TTC and that your relationship with team leaders are positive. The Travel Corporation is a family-owned business; therefore, we are family oriented and truly care for the success of Marian Tran People and Culture Generalist

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Challenging Times Ahead

Jun 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits of discounted trips are attractive

Cons

Lots of management changes lately where many in the company are now struggling to step into the footsteps of the former management team. Micro-managing and limited growth prospects for majority.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bureaucratic

Sep 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everybody works like a family. - Activities are organized once in a while and promote team bonding.

Cons

- A lot of hard work. Everyone of us works late and the hours are really long especially prior to travel fairs. - Pay is low for the amount of work done. - PR Specialist is not contributing to the exposure we get in SG. Instead, she's being paid to travel so much with no press release being reported on local media!

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Plenty of support

Jul 2, 2022 - Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

So much support both technically and mentally. Always someone you can call for support or advice when you need it.

Cons

It’s a stressful industry to work in.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Love working with TTC :)

Jun 16, 2022 - Travel Experiences Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A genuine passion for Travel and the world around us, TTC is all about making sure our experiences are the best not just for our guests, but also contribute to making the world a better place. I'm now 17 years in with the company and I keep growing and developing... as does the company.

Cons

We're empowered to make the changes we need at the company - no cons from me!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jun 11, 2022 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to learn from

Cons

None that I can think off

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The Travel Corporation

Jun 21, 2022 - Travel Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from Home Fun place to work

Cons

New US Leadership that is not in sync with the Canadian Office Increased work hours crazy new shift timings work load

People & Culture Manager

Thanks for your contributions during your time here, and for taking the time to post your comments. We are working diligently to align our processes and expectations across teams. We know that some of these changes are difficult, but this is the best way to ensure our company is strong and stable going forward. As always, specific issues or needs for accommodation can be brought forward to People & Culture.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

There is nothing new under the sun.

May 19, 2022 - Reservations Agent in Anaheim, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of activities and employee appreciation events.

Cons

High volume and stress plus high expectations.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

There is no way to grow in this company

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for 5 years in this company and got only a $5000 raise. I had to work extra hours and use my personal phone, because the manager in Geneva didn't want me to have a phone. I asked for a better title and they didn't give it to me although I had a perfect documented performance review. There was only one person in the team who made decisions for every single thing. They took all of my responsibilities.

Cons

very friendly co-workers in my team.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Worst company ever

Jun 10, 2022 - Call Center Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this company. They recently fired all our local Canadian leadership who were exceptional and engaging to replace them with managers based in California

Cons

Manage with fear Lots of nepotism Hypocritical about sustainability issues. Promote net zero and rack up air miles & fly in private jets Back stabbing and blame culture Lack of fairness, it’s all about who you know rather than what you do

People & Culture Manager

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us. As an organization, we truly care and focus on each employee's feedback and continually assess how we can be better. Your comments will be helpful in helping us achieve our next goals.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 302 Reviews

The Travel Corporation Reviews FAQs

The Travel Corporation has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 315 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at The Travel Corporation to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Travel Corporation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Travel Corporation. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

55% of The Travel Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Travel Corporation 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with The Travel Corporation Job Seekers