TripAdvisor Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

Updated Nov 14, 2019

3.6
TripAdvisor CEO Stephen Kaufer
Stephen Kaufer
Pros
  • "Perks, Vacation Time, Free lunch(in 98 reviews)

• "Smart people, great benefits, including lunch every day(in 57 reviews)

Cons
  1. "A great place to work"

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has the most extensive health coverage and include all family members. All employee strive to make it a better work place.

Cons

Need to be more competitive in term of pay.

TripAdvisor2019-01-02
  2. "Good Office Evironment"

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

Good company benefits Great colleagues Office organises many events and activities for the staff

Cons

Not every company is perfect, it boils down to the individual department, team and individual. But I'm currently satisfied with my own team.

TripAdvisor2019-07-19

"Great consumer brand but"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Singapore

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits - Above Market Salary - Start-up vibe - Flexible Workhours

Cons

- Too many directional changes - Unsure of the business model - Inefficient processes - Personality-driven rather than process driven

Advice to Management

- Bring in some new blood - Encourage new ideas - Stay laser focused on 1-2 things - Make it easier to work with the organisation for advertisers

TripAdvisor2019-06-18

"Good place to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Executive in Singapore
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, insurance, travel pay, food, snack, drink, good place to learn in sales skill and travers industry, good colleagues, competitive offer that all

Cons

Work-life not balances, management and organization not develop yet and a lot of changing inside. Target impossible to achieve. not much opportunity to gown there. limited opportunity.

Advice to Management

Noting

TripAdvisor2019-05-03
  5. "Dissapointed"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

Phenomenal and supportive team mate Benefits Perks Office Location Medical and Insurance

Cons

upper management cannot be understood at all

Advice to Management

Don't push away good employees just based on average numbers-everyone have good and bad days doesn't mean you push them to a point of no return-and there a chance of them returning - take a second chance for you as management- and nurture and groom them...

TripAdvisor2019-03-21

"Indeed, “speed wins” as the motto says"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office manager who cares about employee well being in a non work related aspects to ensure that everyone in the office is well bonded. Nice to receive different types of healthy snacks each day of the week. Colleagues are generally a group of kind travel loving people. Insurance coverage is too good to be true that it can not be compared to any company.

Cons

Unsure if the ‘manager’ is an actual job or just a job title on the email salutation... lack of product knowledge and support from hierarchy is the most heartbreaking thing one could encounter at work. I mean benefits are great, but in the end of the day we wake up in the morning to commit to our work in hopes that what we do make a difference to someone out there. You could see favoritism and covering of one... another across the department and many intelligent talents had no choice but to leave as anyone who’s tried to voice out for change were shut down each time. Not a healthy organization... if your ‘in’ that’s great, but if your not... then all the best to you. No career development, no genuine appreciation, communication are not transparent from top down. Their policies and guidelines simply does not care about the owners and members. It’s just so sad to see that they’ve closed ears to new suggestions. The website bugs will take FOREVER to fix as well. If they don’t change, I’m not sure if they could keep up with this growing online industry. One of the company motto “speed wins” truly describes it all. Just do it fast and do it more, no one cares about the quality (but of course they say they do).

Advice to Management

Please be serious on reviewing the managers and look into the department with high turn over rate. Company needs to stop pretending like it is employee’s choice to leave. We all joined TripAdvisor with high hopes, and left within a year or two feeling defeated and helpless. Stop hiring experienced and capable talents and waste them! Just lower the salary, cut the over used cost for employee enrichment (like food and... presents) and hire more fresh graduate so they would do anything without doubting the company and it’s process. I hope they take my first advise and change the management so over all quality of work will improve for both employee and consumers.

TripAdvisor2018-11-15

"Horrible manager who is good at demotivating the team!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch once a week, good work life balance, great variety of snacks and drinks at the pantry, nice colleagues, best insurance coverage, great location, lots of fun events.... Overall the company has amazing perks

Cons

Not much career progress opportunity, a horrible manager who likes to micromanage yet doesn't really do much job and doesn't even know how to manage the team, very little amount of bonus

Advice to Management

HR should take employee's feedback seriously and take necessary actions otherwise all the good talents will be gone....I am so glad I don't have to deal with the unnecessary stress caused by my previous boss but there are some people who are still suffering from him and the company should help them out.

TripAdvisor2018-10-11

"Was great!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Singapore

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, compensation package, culture, people,

Cons

Management, Lack of Appreciation, Lack of focus, Target change in middle of quarter, Lack of transperancy, Weak Customer Support.

Advice to Management

I have worked with TripAdvisor for 4 years and 9 months and it was a bumpy ride filled with ups and downs. My last 8 months in the company made me completely forget about the good time I had in the company for 4 long years. The management should consider rewarding and respecting the employee more and take their suggestions in to consideration. Also, kindly share information in a more systematic fashion and not 1... hour before it is implemented.

TripAdvisor2018-09-11

"Good Company to work work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Singapore

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good strategy, niche focus, dynamic,

Cons

short term focus and constant change

TripAdvisor2018-07-02

"Disappointing up to the last day"

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

Free food, good benefits. Good place if you're just looking to improve your CV, not intending to work but just getting free salary.

Cons

Management and HR doesn't care about you, you're just a number. No matter how much you gave to the company, you won't be appreciated. If you want to leave then they'll show you the door, no effort in keeping good employees.

TripAdvisor2018-06-29