Ultimate Software Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 27 Jun 2020

4.4
Ultimate Software CEO Aron Ain
Aron Ain
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great work life balance - Great benefit package - Management accessible at all levels.

Cons

None that I can think of.

July 1, 2020Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

2. "Great Place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Culture, Benefits, People, Office, Flexibility, Work Life Balance

Cons

The constant organizational restructuring prevents cohesion

July 1, 2020Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you for leaving us a review! Your feedback is valuable and helps us to continuously improve!

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work is all about people, and throughout my 3+ years at Ultimate Software, I've seen how much the company really does for its employees, and how much its employees really foster a great culture. I've felt lucky to be a part of it, especially the growing community we have in the Toronto office. Aside from that: - interesting tech - interesting problems to solve - great benefits - many communities of interest - philanthropic efforts

Cons

While management tries to respect work-life balance, I've had to put in a lot of overtime over the years to get all of the projects that have come my way done on time. That said, the unlimited paid time off has certainly offset that, as I've been able to take longer-than-average vacations during less-busy periods, and take random days off here and there when feeling overworked.

June 1, 2020Social Media Business Analyst

We're happy you are enjoying our benefits, communities of interest, and more! People are our top priority and our goal is to continually improve. Please email us at feedback@ultimatesoftware.com if you would like to share any additional insights. Thank you for your feedback!

4. "Lead Account Manager II"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager II in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People first, and People inspired! Work-life balance is great and we truly have a family culture!

Cons

None that I can think of that would not make me love my job. I would say a con would be going through the growing pains with a company that is growing so quickly. But, growth for a company is a good thing!

"Not the company I thought I was joining"

2.0
    Current Employee - Product

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Benefits are great, medical is covered and there is a very supportive 401k. Work / life balance is positive and family life is very much supported.

Cons

I went between putting one start or two, landed on two because of the Benefits and the work/life balance. I proactively sought out to work for Ultimate as I had heard great things and when asking everybody during the interview process if what was published was true, they all confirmed it. That has not been my experience. - If you haven't worked for US for a long time, you don't fit in and the "old timers" don't want you to fit in. The company is attempting to do a reorganization right now and it is the most unorganized process. If you are on the "outside/not been with the company for a while" you don't know if you will have a job, where that job is, and have absolutely no input what you want to do. With the merger with Kronos in process, it is very clear there is no involvement from org specialists to assist (the HR organization has been ripped apart) with the org changes and to ensure communications are crisp and clear. There are no communications, you are finding out the org changes by updates made to the organizational tool in US. For a people first company, this experience has been the furthest from people first and has been awful to experience. - The technology is old, not connected, and not global. When trying raise, you get a lot of push back. - Collaboration is very hard as people that have been around for a while are very defensive and don't want to change (not open to hearing any suggestions) - The way of working is antiquated

April 29, 2020Social Media Business Analyst

We're happy you are enjoying our benefits and work/life balance! People are our top priority and our goal is to continually improve. We would love to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to feedback@ultimatesoftware.com to connect with us. Thank you for your feedback!

6. "Procurement and Logistics Services"

Current Employee - Managed in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Life Balance...People first work environment. Great Benefits

Cons

Driving Distance to and from school.

7. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - HRIS Analyst

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They treat their employees right. Great benefits and work life balance

Cons

They are a fast growing company so there is management change frequently.

"This is considered the promise land in the indusrty"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is incredible. Truly. What you're reading from all of the reviews is really true. They go so far above and beyond to ensure that you are successful and happy. Not only do they compensate very well but the benefits are unbeatable. Within the organization, there is something called a peoples advocate, and their job is literally just to help you with ANYTHING you need. From personal to professional problems, they are there to help you be successful and truly find the work life balance. I am so blessed and happy to be an ultipeep! Plenty of virtual opportunities for people who want to be apart of the organization but dont live near an office!

Cons

none, lol. No really. NONE :)

Continue reading
  9. "Tough job but benefits are worth it"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are extraordinary as well as the people.

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle. Need more headcount.

10. "Great Culture and great benefits"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very intelligent people who really care about the product and who are always more than willing to help others. Unbeatable benefits. Managers are trusting in their employees and there is a lot of work life balance. Everyone has a positive attitude.

Cons

Not a lot of vertical movement. Salary is not very competitive. Hard work is rarely rewarded.

Found 155 reviews