UnitedHealth Group Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

UnitedHealth Group Reviews

Updated 19 Nov 2019

3.4
UnitedHealth Group CEO Dave Wichmann (no image)
Dave Wichmann

"Bachelor doctor"

Current Employee - Doctor in Singapore

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I want to help and learn more.

Cons

It’s stressful in every moment you must be really much focused.

UnitedHealth Group2018-11-23
  2. "Experience"

Former Employee - Network Coordinator

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working hours and telecommuting

Cons

Employee welfare can be improved

UnitedHealth Group2018-10-10
  3. "Consultant"

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

No manager intervention and no micro management

Cons

No salary hikes No career growth

UnitedHealth Group2018-05-26
  4. "Great Place to work"

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

WFH facility 100% Variable bonus Great place to work

Cons

Parking facility is very pathetic

Advice to Management

Management is doing good and i'm not the correct person to advice

UnitedHealth Group2017-12-15

"Very heads-down"

IT Project Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group for less than a year

Pros

I will preface this review with a statement you need to heed when reading this review as well as any reviews for this company -- "It depends on your area." This is a GIGANTIC company and YMMV depending on your group. Keep that in mind when reading. Anyway, I've been here only 6 months, but I think I have enough of a feel for Optum to write a review. The positives: Great work/life balance: I never have to... stay late, work on weekends, etc. I get 23 vacation days and my manager encourages me to use them AND completely unplug while away. Beautiful office: I work at the new Optum office in Eden Prairie. Building is modern and comfortable. Full size gym and locker room, and workout classes. Great parking ramp with a skyway so you never need to go outside in the rain or snow! Work from home: VERY progressive with WFH! I can work from wherever I want. if I want to WFH one day, I can. If I want to WFH the whole week, I can do that, too. No one questions you. Total autonomy No drama: This is a very heads down place! I can't stress that enough. No one socializes with each other -- most of the time, you never even talk to your cube neighbors (because they're probably working from home). This is a positive for me though -- after working in some high drama offices, this is a refreshing change. All meetings are over webex: Great news if you hate in-person meetings like I do -- because there are very few! In the 6 months I've been here, I've had 4 in person meetings. This is also a con because you never meet your coworkers - read the con list for more info. 30 minute "best practice" meeting times: You will not get invited to 2+ hour meetings, ever. Nearly all meetings are only 30 minutes. You might have the one-off meeting that's an hour, but it's rare. Good, standardized PM practices. But some of the documentation requirements are too rigid and can slow progress down. Our group is trying to move to 100% agile. Slowly.... All of my projects so far have been waterfall SDLC. Although as a new person, it would help to have a PM to shadow on some of these documentation/audit practices. I've had to learn as I go. - Great cafeteria with cheap prices. I can get a lunch here cheaper than I can bring it from home. -Very engaging training classes!!! All training classes are over LearnSource (i.e. your computer) but the videos are well done and entertaining.

Cons

-Building seems empty because so many people WFH. It's almost kind of...sad. Such a nice building but no one is there. -Internet explorer is the browser of choice. Yuck. You have to have special permissions to download Google Chrome or Firefox on your computer. -If you like socializing with your coworkers, this is NOT a place for you! I can't stress that enough!! You will NOT meet your new BFF here. Everyone... is very heads-down and focused on work -- no one chit chats about football or True Detective! You will not have coworkers stopping by your desk (to chat about a TV show OR to even chat about work). Most of my days, I don't talk to anyone in person. It's kind of depressing -- and I'm an introvert! There are no happy hours, social events outside of work, etc (this is a positive for me because I hate that stuff). -Lots of contractors. Not that it's a bad thing - I've had great experiences with the PM contractors. They obviously don't last as long as the employees, and there's more contractor PMs than employee PMs. -Difficult, as a new person, to know "who's who." There is no face-to-face meetings, so as a PM, it's tough to know who does what, since there's no face to put with the name. I struggle with this a lot, as I'm not used to this extreme of a "remote" workforce! -No wifi for your phone. Wifi is only available for visitors and you must have a user name and password. -Nearly all social media websites are blocked. Not really a con, but something you might want to know. You won't be browsing facebook at work! -LOTS of meetings. Sure, the meetings aren't in person, they're over Webex, but you will have a LOT of them. -Some "know-it-all" ego-driven coworkers, especially on the tech side. But this is typical of IT in general. I've witnessed this at every org in which I've worked.

Advice to Management

Get some org charts!

UnitedHealth Group2015-08-13

"Good company, great culture, needs process improvment"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance Great senior team Fun team/volunteer and company activities Generous PTO Company cares about its employees

Cons

A lot of processes are old and have not changed. There are many instances where the old processes can not keep up with the company's growth. Like any other large companies, there are many moving parts that can be hard to keep track of. Can be very difficult to move within the company internally.

UnitedHealth Group2019-04-25
  7. "UnitedHealth Group"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Large size employee base with little experienced organization structure

UnitedHealth Group2019-11-19
  8. "Best employee policy"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New Delhi

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best company to work for lots of technology to learn and people are quite supportive

Cons

Few managers really sucks as exception are always there

UnitedHealth Group2019-11-18
  9. "Sr claims associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Optum provides a flexible schedule for its employees and also some benefits. Good work is appreciated by leadership and is a constant motivation to do better.

Cons

There is no cons in optum.

UnitedHealth Group2019-11-19
  10. "Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

What a great company to work for!

Cons

There are no cons that I know of!

UnitedHealth Group2019-11-18