Visa Inc. Reviews

Updated 10 Jul 2020

3.7
Visa Inc. CEO Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
Pros
Cons
  • "Too many silos; no work/life balance; does not really understand how to solve customer business challenges(in 131 reviews)

• "Senior Management only seem to care about people who are all talk and no play(in 122 reviews)

1. "Innovative and great work culture"

Current Employee - Director in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Innovative , Great Work Culture, good employee benefits

Cons

Annual pay hike could be better

2. "Good"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Singapore

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good place to work overall

Cons

Senior management has too much power without appropriate checks & balance

3. "Great benefits, warm people"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of the best experiences in a lifetime. People are diversified and open-minded. Many activities to maintain work-life balance

Cons

nothing I didn't like in the company

4. "Good"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly and warm company that helps you achieve

Cons

Office politics and some favoritism

5. "Open culture"

Current Employee - Analyst in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great mentors, colleagues and interesting time to be in payments

Cons

Slow matrixed organization, requires a lot of approvals

6. COVID-19

"Great company overall, but your experience varies with department and manager"

2.0

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Probably one of the most people-focused organisations you will work for. Our CEO Al Kelly's focus on developing and growing people is very closely reflected by the HR here. In most companies the where HR are mostly taking instructions, being passive, and doing employee administration, the HR folks in Visa are pretty active in their outreach, surveys, running trainings etc. Having interacted with HR folks from executive to VP levels, they actively think of policies and programs to improve the work experience for employees. It is also pretty diverse in the way they hire people, though certain ethnicity clearly outnumber the rest. If you're learning different languages it's a great way to practice, be it spanish, mandarin, korean, hindi - you're bound to find someone who's a native speaker! IT services(not to be confused with IT infrastructure) are pretty efficient and responsive, they also solve the problem almost all the time. Lastly, you'll benefit from one of the best corporate branding around town, having Visa on your namecard or resume drastically improves your chances of success!

Cons

First to preface, I've worked in a few offices and your experience will likely differ depending on your department and direct manager. The level of ideals in People really start to diminish very fast once it gets to the ground where most of the work is being done. The team-leads here will parrot what leadership says and have obligatory one-off meetings after results of a survey are not as flattering(ie dismal). people managers also tend to put more energy into managing upwards to their higher reports. work-life balance my department has none of that, both the business folks and the tech people work like mad. They appear to knock off at 6 or 7 but they are really just taking their work home. I've had several days where i worked into the wee hours of the morning, slept a few hours and dragged myself back to the workdesk. Some of it is due to how in demand we are to our clients, some of it is due to slow(and expensive!) IT infrastructure, all of it avoidable if some frameworks for resource planning were given. During Covid 19 lock downs, my department slashed to zero all vendor fees but the work that needs to be done remained, the workload practically quadrupled the next week! I was pretty sure if the virus didn't get me the workload here would've. Salaries, compensation, promotions etc The starting salary is above the market average, if you're in tech Visa won't be paying you what FAANG companies do, but it is decent. The rank you come in would likely remain there with annual increments, unless you've hovered there for some time, like 5-6 years or so. Promotions are pretty much the only way to properly bump your pay(alternative being to change employer), and visibility and relationships with your direct manager and HOD plays somewhat too much a role in who gets promoted. While Visa is a global company it is still very much a Western one in culture that espouses interaction. If you're one of those quiet ones it's quite easy to get passed over for years at a time even though the work is consistently good and reliable. On the flip side, for someone who has been ear marked as a "talent" it is pretty obvious, they would get projects with visibility opportunities and help to make sure a promotion comes through the next year. Tech and tools The servers they use to run data analysis is hugely massive but somehow manages to also be excruciatingly slow. We've lost deals and missed targets simply because the work couldn't be processed by the servers fast enough. The focus is so much on reliability engineering but the enduser experience is dismal 9 out of 10 days. There's a lot of avoidable work overtime if this aspect can be addressed.

Continue reading
  7. "Political and preference of colors"

Former Employee - Director of Operations

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Good salary, nice office space

Cons

socializing is more important than real work

8. "Good company to expand your career"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunities as the company as a whole is looking to keep getting better at technology.

Cons

It is so big the operations are so much spread out, it could be slow at times

Continue reading
  9. "Nice company to work with"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work environment No work overload

Cons

So far nothing I came across

10. "Collaboration first"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Singapore

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Focus on work life balance

Cons

Need to make effort to collaborate

Found 2759 reviews