Visa Inc. Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 1 Jul 2020

3.8
Visa Inc. CEO Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
Pros
Cons
  • "Too many silos; no work/life balance; does not really understand how to solve customer business challenges(in 131 reviews)

• "Senior Management only seem to care about people who are all talk and no play(in 122 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Sr System Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company provides good benefits to its employees and the working environment is good. You can build your personnel development as the company supports training .

Cons

It is very hard to move up in the Career as the efforts are not much recognized. you need to be in good books for any kind of appreciation.

March 1, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us. We appreciate your positive review!

2. "Sr. Client Delivery Analyst"

4.0

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Good Benefits, more opportunities, good environment and colleagues

Cons

Low salary, politics, management, sometimes unorganized

January 9, 2020The Visa Team

Thank you for the positive review! We want to foster a workplace and environment where all employees feel valued, included, and rewarded for the work that they do. We encourage you to raise your concerns with your HR business partner or manager so that they can be heard.

"Branded sweatshop"

2.0

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Good benefits Free coffee Open culture that starts from the top

Cons

- Long work hours, be prepared to work weekends without being told - Managers have a lot of autonomy over staff and they are not necessarily qualified people managers.. the toxic one's have no qualms about making you feel like they own your career when everyone is an equal employee of Visa - Relationships will determine your success here , quiet ones just suffer in silence being handed toxic workloads - KPIs will double and quadruple year on year - and you best be excited about it - IT services and compute infrastructure will cause you a lot of frustration and avoidable overtime - Lots of POCs and few projects ever makes it to production - Projects are prioritized for visibility and actual business impact is an afterthought - Tech talent here is a far cry from what the valley has to offer, a lot of their products are overly-engineered, real pain to use, and they burn through capex like air - Way too many business-types that are only concerned with short-term P/L in charged of technology decisions.. why? For a company that prides itself on diversity, why are there so many Indians? Not just in technology, but on business teams, corporate support functions, and even the vendors are sourced in India!

December 26, 2019The Visa Team

Glad to hear you feel recognized from a benefits standpoint. We encourage you express your feedback through our various mediums like Chatter, Employee Surveys, HR business partner discussions, manager discussions, etc. so your concerns can be heard. We agree - in order to keep up with the rapid pace of innovation and growth within our industry, we must be agile and we’re committed to fostering an environment that supports it. That means creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has an opportunity to thrive. Our goal is always to identify the best possible candidate for a role. Thank you for the feedback and all that you do for Visa.

4. "Relevant, Senior, Experienced"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and good welfare. Focused on growth and being the market leader.

Cons

Lack of job security, company does not address major concerns of employees, to many restructuring that results in many job cuts and staff displaced.

"Good Company"

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

benefits are good. Pay is okay. Good work life balance

Cons

Very political. They pay by the number of years served. Not by performance. You get good pay if your manager likes you personally. Professionalism is lacking

June 3, 2019The Visa Team

Glad the benefits are valuable to you and that you are experience positive work/life balance. With our Leadership Principles as our guide along with an annual review evaluation that examines not only “what” our employees do, but “how” they go about doing it – we want to foster a workplace where all employees feel valued, included and rewarded for the work that they do. We encourage feedback through various mediums like Employee Surveys and HR manager discussions where your concerns can be heard. Thank you for all that you do for Visa.

6. "Cybersecurity Analyst"

4.0

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

good benefits and pleasant colleagues

Cons

work can be slow at times

March 19, 2019The Visa Team

Thanks for sharing about your experience at Visa. Great to see it’s been so positive!

"A giant with very old mineset"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior S/W Engineer in Singapore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance and benefits are good.

Cons

Not inclusive as they claim to be. Bias and politics. Most of the time the difficulties are not coming from the work itself. Everyday work there is kind of boring. Some people just sit there and wait for their paychecks.

"Great company"

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Good benefits and perks. Friendly culture.

Cons

Still not the top ten

October 21, 2018The Visa Team

Glad you’re enjoying our benefits as well as our fun and friendly culture at Visa. Thank you for this five-star review!

9. "Good stable company with good benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Singapore

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

had to work in amazing international team good benefits incl various allowances, health check etc.

Cons

slow and difficult promotion process

10. "Engineer"

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Good benefits and work culture.

Cons

Need to improve processes and procedures.

November 14, 2017The Visa Team

Thank you for your feedback. Our people and benefits are certainly something we are proud of at Visa! We are also committed to improving our tools and processes so that everyone can do their best work.

Found 222 reviews