Yelp Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 198 of over 3,647 reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,800 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fun culture, free food, good money(in 277 reviews)

• "Amazing culture and great people(in 199 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Uphill battle having to constantly convince business owners that Yelp is not this corrupt monster of a company(in 248 reviews)

• "All cold calls, lots of burnout(in 80 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

A Great Place to Build a Huge Sales Network

Jan 7, 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you do well you can go far and make a decent amount. The sales culture is young and people are full of energy. Being with them is super fun and you are able to meet a ton of really great people and develop and extensive network in the tech sales industry.

Cons

It's the same thing everyday. Talk with lots of angry people because the reputation of the company precedes it, and almost everyone you call has been called many times. It's usually a hard sell.

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad that Yelp provided many opportunities for you to network and meet new people. Sales is definitely a challenging role, mainly due to the large amount of rejection that's expected anywhere you do it. While many people find this exciting and rewarding, we understand it may not be for everyone. Yelp is lucky to have some of the most talented minds in the industry (just like you) working here, and we are thankful for your hard work and contributions to the team.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

You get in what you put in

Jan 5, 2021 - Senior Elite Strategic Client Director III
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people, great commision

Cons

base pay is low, career advancement tapers off

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like you're having an overall positive experience at Yelp and seeing the value of your work. We encourage all employees to have a conversation with their manager about their career goals and aspirations so that we can support you in the best way possible. Quarterly Conversations are just around the corner, so take advantage of this time to share those goals with your manager! We're thankful for your contributions to the team over the last 5-7 years, keep up the great work!

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Decent job for the time being but keep looking at better opportunities

Jan 18, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lunch, Health Insurance, Partys, Great People, Place to really grow and test your persuasion skills

Cons

Low pay, hard product to sell, no room for growth

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

stressful work environment

Jan 14, 2021 - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, fun teams, cool office

Cons

stressful, no positive feedback, never satisfied

5. 2.0

Not worth it

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meet great people, great benefits

Cons

essentially a sweat shop with management that has too much of an ego. dying company.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's in your hands

Nov 22, 2020 - Elite Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture, office perks are/were great

Cons

the cold calling nature, it is what it is

Yelp Response

We appreciate your five-star feedback! It's great to hear that you're having a positive experience working here and that you're enjoying the group of folks that you are working with. We understand cold-calling can be challenging at times, and we always encourage you to lean on your manager so we can continue to provide additional support where it's needed. Your work here makes a positive impact, and we can't thank you enough for your contributions to the team. Keep up the great work, we are glad that you're here!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start but don't stay too long

Dec 1, 2020 - User Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, solid snack area, benefits were decent

Cons

Upper management was not receptive to ideas, no room for growth, a lot of favoritism was shown among associates, work became monotonous

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how things went. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your colleagues and benefited from the perks of being an employee here! We understand that there is always room for improvement within our company, and listening to the concerns and feedback of our employees is how change is made at Yelp. We're thankful that you've shared your feedback with us, and we'll be sure to pass it up to our leadership team so we can continue making Yelp a great place to work.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

High stress job

Oct 23, 2020 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

great snacks, good music, great people

Cons

terrible management, high stress, cult like

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great that you enjoyed the many perks of working at Yelp, but are saddened to hear that your relationship with management could have been better. The managers at Yelp are passionate about the career growth of each individual here. Sometimes that can look like various one-on-one conversations throughout the day, and setting sales quotas that encourage people to continually improve. While this environment is inspiring for most, we understand that it may not be for everyone. We're thankful for your contributions to the team, and wish you the very best of luck in your next role.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee

Sales

Oct 21, 2020 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and great people! Its super fun working here

Cons

Salary is so horrible. The benefits are not good at all.

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad you're finding great people in your team and having fun doing the work every day. We create a pay structure that's at market-value. That means we strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401k matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, our compensation package is competitive in all of our markets and is based on what our employees value most - total rewards. We encourage you to have an open conversation with your manager about some of your expectations so we can find ways to meet them. We're thankful for your contributions to the team, keep up the great work!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome people but worst job in history

Oct 20, 2020 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

they hire great people and there are lots of snacks but don't be fooled

Cons

getting paid minimal money to scam and ruin peoples bank accounts and lives

Continue reading
      5 people found this review helpful

Yelp Response

We're thankful that you shared your experience with us. It's great to hear you enjoyed your co-workers and enjoyed the free snacks in the Yelp offices before COVID-19. However, we are saddened and concerned to hear that you felt unethical behavior was necessary to get ahead at Yelp. We provide in-depth training and coaching for all of our Account Executives, and this type of behavior is not in our sales playbook. We invite you to share more about your experience with us at employeefeedback@yelp.com so that we can look into this further. We'll be sure to pass up your feedback to our leadership team so we can keep making improvements. Your contributions to the team are appreciated, best of luck in your next role!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews