Yodle Employee Reviews about "script"

Updated 13 Sep 2017

3.2
Yodle Chairman, CEO and President  David L. Brown
David L. Brown
Pros
  • "Good work environment, free lunch, great commission structure(in 112 reviews)

• "Really relaxed work environment where everyone cares about the product and you're given a lot of creative freedom(in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • "There's so many materials to follow it is sometimes hard to find where to go to the next script(in 40 reviews)

• "Growth opportunities are less, Low base salary, long work hours, poor retention policy(in 33 reviews)

Reviews about "script"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Just began training. So far it's a completely new experience."

Current Employee - Lead Stream in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great vibes. Free Lunch. Constant ways to make $$$. The training managers have excellent experience and know how to help you succeed if you implement you're training.

Cons

Training. And finding your groove. There's so many materials to follow it is sometimes hard to find where to go to the next script. Also, computer practice isn't the easiest for me.

"No comment"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun culture and work environment.

Cons

Sales leads are sub-par and the company mandates sticking to a script even when going off of it would be more likely to result in a sale.

"Just read the script"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

A very "millennial-type" atmosphere. Hang out spots that have ping pong and air hockey. A kitchen area with free food, drinks, and coffee. Food trucks everyday. They do more than other companies in terms of employee training. If you can read a script without sounding like reading a script, that's how you ace the interview.

Cons

You literally read a script for everything. Every potential customer response has a script, which must be memorized. The product they sell isn't a scam but they're not completely honest with customers regarding their product. And I did feel their was a moral conflict of interest that sometimes came up. Every call is a cold-call. The product is a tough sell and you can expect to make 300-400 calls, per day, in your first 30 days. As you get better, you'll probably be making 200 calls per day with 60 days. Some of the elite salespeople only make 50 calls per day or less, but those are a select few. Most are doing 200+ calls per day with many hang ups, dead numbers, and annoyed small business owners.

Continue reading
  4. "Sales Development Rep"

I worked at Yodle

Pros

Excellent Sales Training early on

Cons

Script based selling later on

"Become a parrot puppet. Revolving door of sales employees"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Yodle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Keurig coffee, stocked refrigerator with soda, oats, and a daily basket of snacks- limit 1 snack per day. Good scripts. Commissions paid on both paydays of each month. Acquired by Web.com

Cons

Zero transparency. Not many people work there for years. It's not structured for a long career, it's structured for a constant stream of new sales people coming in as ones that have been there for weeks and months leave. You make a sale, they say it was cancelled within 1 week with no explanation, and no commission received. If you try to reach out to the business owner for further consultation you will be fired. You spend time talking to the business owner to understand their business. You finally make the sale because that business owner is trusting you and the technology, but then you can never speak to them again, no matter how many times they try calling you back and emailing you, and threaten to cancel if you do not call them personally. Easy fix, but they do not care. There is always more businesses to call. Managers know that the technology is dated and strategies to get to front pages of major search engines have been unchanged for years and Google's algorithms no longer recognize those dated strategies. Marketing platforms do not work because no content is unique to the business. All content produced for the small business is generic. Almost 100% cancellation rate after 6 months. Brainless sales - strictly scripted and parrot'ed. Disingenuous managers, either do not care about their whole team, or they are overwhelmed with 15+ sales people on their team. Loud music blasting from multiple different radios around the office. Seriously LOUD!

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you meet here will become your friends. Through training and the 9 months I worked there, I got to know many people very well and became very good friends with many of them. Happy hours on Friday, and plenty of (almost too many) contests going on every week to incentivize performance. I will say that my manager genuinely cared about seeing me succeed, however a lot of times his methods were not the best.

Cons

They will tell you during your interview that you can expect to make between $60-$80k. What I saw personally was that after 6 months of working there, I was tracking towards around $30k. Technically $60k was achievable, however that is not something that I witnessed on my team of 15 or so, even the ones who had been there over a year. It's simply a figure that is only achievable for 1% of people who go through this cold calling factory. Cold calling is BRUTAL. You will make between 80-120+ cold calls per day, and if you're on your game then you can set around 2 demos per day. By your third month in, you will hate it. By month 9, I was making more dials than ever before and yet was making less demo sets. It's all about the numbers here (according to management), and if you can't handle being micromanaged and having every tiny detail scrutinized, then this is not the place for you. The music, at least in my bay, was awful. Every single day was a mix of rap and house music, and I heard just about the same songs every day. It's usually very loud as well to get you "amped" up to make more dials. You will see an insanely high turnover rate. I had a training class of around 15, and by month 3 maybe 5 of us were still there. By the time I left at month 9, only 2 of us remained. It's that way and worse across the sales department, and that is no exaggeration. This isn't a sales job. You will learn sales techniques, but they generally only apply to phone sales. You will be reading from a script, and your entire cubicle will be covered in scripts, rebuttals and other various papers. You will get burned out, everybody feels it at some point. Finally, I got tired of hearing motivational speeches every day. There's only so many sports-themed videos I can watch about Michael Jordan not making his high school basketball team that I can handle.

Continue reading
  7. "Sales Development Representative"

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Company with Excellent Training, Employees, Culture, Support and opportunity to bring in a good income. The work is challenging and you'll always know where you stand based on your metrics.

Cons

There isn't a lot of room to get off script. The demos are long and most prospects do not show up for the demo.

Continue reading
  8. "They did it sold to web.com"

Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle

Pros

Pro was you worked close to founders and worked with other top sales reps side by side. They paid great commission.

Cons

They thought Sa,e script worked for each business and dales person. Wasn't true I made over 100 sales my first year and never used script rarely did demos 1 call close. So I would say being to much into KPM they forgot when they started no script just walk into office and close the deal.

"Used to be great"

Former Employee - Max Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yodle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong commission structure; great leadership; ability to be a true sales professional. Hard to say where things stand now that Web.com owns them but I have a few friends there that seem happy.

Cons

That last "Pro" changed. Went full scripted, judged based on following process rather than selling. Wasn't my old Yodle and the new processes led to unrest and many people leaving the company.

"Sales Representative"

I worked at Yodle

Pros

Training was excellent, feedback in call breakdowns good. Management encouraging. Product sold is good. Perfect for young person looking for frat-like atmosphere. Constant high-fives and big celebration when sale is made.

Cons

Not a real sales job. 100% script. Music blasted all day and foul language used by employees and some management (not all) as encouragement? Not a professional atmosphere. Have to work 6 months in sales before you can apply for another position within company.

Found 40 reviews