Find out why Glassdoor candidates are more likely to be hired,1 and more likely to stay.2
Glassdoor is one of the UK’s fastest growing job sites.3 Searching for a new job is number one reason people visit us.4 But Glassdoor isn’t a typical job site: we offer job seekers the opportunity to learn what it’s really like to work at a company. Armed with that information, they can make an informed decision about where they choose to apply and work. And that’s a good thing — for job seekers and employers.
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should hire through Glassdoor
- Glassdoor is the go-to destination for quality candidates. Discerning candidates consider both the role and the company when assessing whether it’s a right fit for them, and Glassdoor is a key destination for doing just that. We empower job seekers with useful information at every stage of their search: from finding open roles to researching companies, preparing for interviews, negotiating salaries and more. It’s all here, in one place.
- Glassdoor applicants are hired faster. Two-thirds of hiring managers say that attracting quality candidates is their number one recruiting challenge.5 Candidates who use Glassdoor are different. They ‘do their homework’ — they’re thoughtful about the jobs they apply to, instead of shotgunning applications. They’ve already checked that your company and role meets their expectations before clicking ‘Apply’ — so you’ll need to sift through fewer unqualified applications to find the right person.
- Hires from Glassdoor stay longer. At Glassdoor, we want to help people find a job that fits their life. The fit is critical — there’s nothing worse than starting a new job to discover it’s not what you thought it would be. It’s an unhappy situation for the job seeker, and an expensive mistake for the employer. Glassdoor candidates apply for a job with their eyes wide open, and that’s important: our research shows that recruits who used Glassdoor are 30% more likely to be retained6 than those sourced via other channels. That’s a great win for your bottom line, and for your company culture, too.
A Snapshot of UK Job Seekers on Glassdoor:
- 88% are actively looking for jobs or open to new opportunities7
- 9 in 10 have a university degree8
- 78% have at least two years of experience9 2 in 5 are female10
- 65% are aged between 25 and 4411
How to get started?
Attract top talent with Sponsored Job Ads
Our best-in-class job search experience is designed to connect great candidates with relevant opportunities, quickly and accurately. When sponsor a job ad, you boost its visibility to quality job seekers through search results, email alerts, and across our site and mobile app. Data shows that Sponsored Job Ads receive 14 times more clicks and prompt 10 times more application starts!12
Share your brand story with an Enhanced Profile
Our Enhanced Profile lets you tell your story to engaged candidates who are already researching your company. They have options — so why should they choose you? You can customise your messaging, add photos and videos, promote your roles, feature a review of your choice, and access detailed analytics to help refine your talent acquisition strategy.
Put your brand front and centre with Display Ads
Research tells us that job seeker’s who’ve been exposed to an employer’s brand 10 times or more are 5 times more likely to apply for a job with them, versus those who saw the brand just once13 With Glassdoor Display Ads, you can target passive candidates who may not be actively searching for your company, and may never have considered working there. Our Display Ads also allow you to select the target audiences based on their location, occupation, gender and more.
Access a range of powerful reports to help you refine your recruiting strategy and candidate experience:
- Explore the demographic breakdown of your visitors, including their education, years of experience, gender and age
- Discover the top 5 other companies your visitors look at — these are your main competitors for talent
- See how you stack up against your competitors on candidate awareness, employee satisfaction (across various criteria), interview ratings and more
- Identify the top positive and negative trends raised in employee reviews
- Use interactive graphs to review trends over time and learn how specific events may have impacted your ratings
How to Create Job Ads That Convert >
Top 10 tips to help you craft the ultimate job ads to convert quality candidates into your company’s next star employees.
10 Reasons to Advertise Jobs on Glassdoor >
How Glassdoor helps hire informed candidates at scale.
What You Can Do on Glassdoor for Free >
Discover how Glassdoor's Free Employer Account is the key to recruiting better candidates.
The ROI of Employer Brand >
Learn why an authentic, well-defined employer brand is essential to recruiting and retaining quality talent in today’s market.
1. Data analysis of 12M applications 7/1/16-12/31/17 from ATS provider Greenhouse comparing application-to-hire ratios for Glassdoor vs. other job sites; 2. Glassdoor EMI Research, November 2017; 3. comScore Media Metrix, February 2017; 4. Glassdoor.com U.K. Site Survey, August 2017; 5. Aptitude Research Partners, August 2017; 6. Based on analysis of 171,000 users viewing a Glassdoor enterprise customer’s brand, July-August 2017; 7. Glassdoor Internal UK Specific Research, Apr-Jun 2018; 8. Demographic information by Facebook and Google for those users who registered with Glassdoor using their Facebook or Google account; 9. Demographic information by Facebook and Google for those users who registered with Glassdoor using their Facebook or Google account; 10. Demographic information by Facebook and Google for those users who registered with Glassdoor using their Facebook or Google account; 11. Glassdoor quarterly average from Apr-Jun 2018; 12. Glassdoor data analysis from April 2017; 13. Based on analysis of 171,000 users viewing a Glassdoor enterprise customer’s brand, July-August 2017