Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) provides a secure network for issuing partners and millions of merchants to facilitate Card payments. We offer comprehensive payment processing options to online, storefront and business-to-business merchants.
American Express direct relationship with Card Members and merchants creates a unique closed loop network that enables us to provide valuable business insights, marketing information and expertise to help merchants drive revenue and grow their business volumes.
This unique opportunity sits within the GMS Merchant Acquisition Team and the key responsibilities include signing new deals and growing existing partnerships. You will be tasked with penetrating new horizontal and vertical industries whilst also managing large B2B and strategic accounts.
This is an exciting role for a strategic sales professional that is comfortable working in a complex deal making environment. You will possess extensive experience engaging with senior C level clients and prospects, often in the context of a strategic and financial discussion.
- Conduct industry and portfolio analysis in order to develop growth strategies for both new and existing partnerships
- Align and agree with key issuing partners on growth strategies and identified new opportunities
- Engage and sell to key decision makers of both existing and targeted clients, often at C level
- Drive the end to end deal process including opportunity sizing, analysis of financial models, development of deal constructs, contractual negotiations, deal implementation and monitoring
- Undertake strategic and active portfolio / pipeline management
- Provide key inputs into cost-benefit analysis for each initiative / deal construct
- Work effectively with all other internal partners including Pricing, Risk, Finance, Payment Consulting Group, Legal and Compliance in the end to end deal process
- 8-12 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience and success in securing complex deals and managing key partnerships
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Broad based business skills covering sales, client management, marketing and financial disciplines
- Strategic agility, sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capable of influencing all levels of the organisation and across business units in a matrix organisation
- High levels of innovation and self-motivation
- Flexible, high energy team player
Offer of employment
with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has
been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and youll
soon see why.
As an employee, you
can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the
voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a
living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the
dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
Theres a difference
between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has
been making a difference in peoples lives for over 160 years, backing them in
moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their
biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
Weve also made a
difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and
collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even
take time to spend with their family or community. And when theyre ready to
take on a new career path, were right there with them, giving them the
guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe
that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Dont make a difference without it.
Dont live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2019, 2:27:49 AM