With dual headquarters in the UK and US, the Company is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries.
The Company complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Company’s Singapore office has a mixture of analytical, business development, sales and operational staff. This Office Manager role will support approximately 22 staff with travel and visa arrangements, room bookings as well as being responsible for the day-to-day office management. In addition, the Office Manager provides local HR support such as responding to staff queries, managing payroll, employee benefits and working closely with the regional HR team.
In addition, this role will also provide maternity cover for another Office Management role, also based in Singapore.
This is an all-encompassing role of Office Manager, versed in facilities, operations and with an HR background. This role requires an individual who is fluent in English with strong grammar and writing skills and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
General Office Management
- Manage operational matters and facilitate smooth running of Singapore office
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of Office Equipment, including obtaining and negotiating quotes to final purchase
- Ensure office expenses are spent prudently and within budget without compromising quality. Reduce office management running costs where possible by negotiating better pricing with suppliers and being aware of promotional pricing
- Process all office related expenses in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage building related tasks such as renovation, lease renewal, health & safety requirements and ensuring each employee has a comfortable, practical workstation etc
- Handle flights, hotels, meeting room booking enquiries and requests with ease and minimal errors
- Work with IT staff to ensure systems run smoothly, timely and adequate IT support is provided to all Singapore staff
- Ensure office premise is in operation without any disruption and liaise with landlord to ensure all staff adheres to building code and safety requirements
- Work with stakeholders to organise, implement and test Business Continuity Plan as required
- Remind all staff to adhere and comply with Company’s code of conduct, policies and procedures including Clean Desk Policy, etc
- Obtain relevant approvals for purchase of equipment for new joiner when required
- Liaise with Regional HR to finalise new joiner employment contracts and ensure the smooth onboarding of each starter
- Manage the HR information system for new hires/rehires/contractual changes/ leavers and escalate issues as needed
- Ensure all required employee documents are stored and maintained in respect of Employment and Dependant Pass holders; actively track expiry dates to manage renewals as needed
b) HR Admin/Benefits
- Update and maintain all employee personnel files
- Arrange and prepare insurance coverage for staff and dependants
- Review insurance renewal yearly to ensure sufficient coverage at the best optimum premium, working with the Company broker
- Answer all staff queries regarding insurance and benefits
- Ensure compliance with HR process for probationary periods
- Maintain all leave records in the leave administration system
- Submission of maternity and childcare leave records to government as required
- Ensure monthly staff payroll is processed without error
- Update the HR Information System, Employee Central when required, ensuring the system holds accurate and upto-date information at all times
- Use appropriate templates to draft contract changes, leaver letters as needed
- Work closely with Regional HR; contribute towards discussions regarding process management and/or policy development, making suggestions for improvements and ensuring they are in line with local regulations
- Degree holder in Accounting/HR/Administrative Management or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in a similar role with equal status is necessary in order to perform this role successfully
- Fluent English essential and strong grammar and writing skills
- Able to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Pro-active with good problem solving skills
- Discrete and methodical working style
Key Candidate Competencies:
- Previous experience working with expatriates, multi-national corporations/or in a financial institution environment
- Previous experience using HR software
Hours of Work:
- As you will be working with confidential and sensitive information, you know how to demonstrate integrity in your approach to build trust and confidence
- You will have a positive and approachable personality; wanting to help and support a busy office
- With multiple daily priorities to deal with, you should be able to manage your workload in a time effective way, working to schedules and meeting deadlines whilst being thorough and diligent
- You’re self-motivated to do what’s needed to get the job done
- You’re able to think beyond the immediate task to consider what’s needed next and makes proposals to move forward
- You’re able to communicate clearly with people and get to the bottom of what they really need, by asking deeper, more probing questions
- You can demonstrate empathy working with people globally, through finding common ground, building a rapport and treating people with respect
- You understand your role as part of the wider team, knowing when and who to contact when issues arise
- As part of a growing, busy business you can work flexibility and adapt to change
9am to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday), plus flexibility required to meet business needs
We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces when completing your application but do not include them in your CV. We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.