Big Fish Games Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 73 of over 73 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Big Fish Games

Application

I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

Your typical 3 round interview. I thought I did pretty well after my second round but I never heard anything back. I find it disappointing and unprofessional. No point of shooting if you’re going to host your candidates.

Interview Questions
  • What is your background in automation testing?
    Answer Question

Big Fish Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

First, got a screening interview from someone in HR. Few days later, went through multiple interviews with members of the design team. Waited two weeks to hear back for a decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Big Fish Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

Behavior and technical questions at the early step. More serious behavior questions with the future team at the end. The technical questions I got were mostly from the easy level of LeetCode.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about the development environment of the mobile game industry.

Big Fish Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

I interviewed with Big Fish Games. First call was with hiring manager to talk about the role, team and company and learn more about my experience. Second call was with another manager which was more about experience, examples and motivations. Both interviews seemed to go well and I was told I would hear the back the week after the 2nd call. I never heard back even after sending a follow up email checking about the status which I found disappointing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview sequence was fairly standard: 1) Initial Screen 2) Hiring Manager 3) Potential co-workers 4) Final Screen What was surprising was the candor and friendliness of the interviewers at every step. The team seemed genuinely happy and emphasized the value of 'family' connection with each other. Personally, I lean heavily in the same direction when work is concerned. It's much easier to enjoy your career if you also enjoy the company of those around you. On the technical and experiential questions, the interviews rarely strayed from the company's needs. Role-focused interviews that rarely strayed from the company's needs were a refreshing change of pace. I'd like to see more companies adopt a similar style: -What the company needs -How you might possibly fill the role -Potential issues as they stand -Potential solutions to those issues based on experience Very little boiler-plate interview questioning and a healthy amount of interpersonal testing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process went well, I made it to the final round. However, despite reaching out a couple of times at the 1 and 2 week marks, I didn't hear back from the recruiters until almost a month after the interview and it was an automated response.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Big Fish Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview progress at Big Fish was great. I was contacted by my recruiter who screened me and gave me next steps in the process. She was transparent and guided me through who I would be speaking to. I spoke to the hiring manager first and then scheduled to speak to 4 people in various departments the role would interact with. Each person I met with was friendly and candid about the role. Everyone was so friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Why Big Fish? What is your experience with game industry events?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Phone call prescreen - easy and enjoyable. Their recruiters are great and very friendly. It was probably the best interview I have had thus far. Second interview with team member went not as well. She was neutral but I felt that she was looking for specific characteristics - almost like she had a set person in her mind. Not that professional, in my opinion. Also - it is concerning that Big Fish doesn't know who their major competitors are....being told there are "a lot" is a no brainer - you have to have brands/companies..... Follow up from another team member saying the following interview was cancelled. I mean I understand you don't want to waste time but at the same time I felt I didn't do poorly enough to warrant an immediate dismissal. Especially considering the interview questions were sparse and required me to do more of the asking. I would suggest Big Fish reconsider how they hire folks on....it seems super disorganized.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. What type of experience do you have?
1 person found this interview helpful

Big Fish Games

Application

I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

Met on campus and then had in person interview. The process was simple where you met with 6 hiring managers where each room focused on a different aspect (behavioral, technical, and work).

Interview Questions
  • Write a program to print out the data in all leaf nodes of a tree.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Phone Screen - Very standard. Discussed the role, asked questions back and forth talking about experience, how the role would measure success. etc. In the end they did not want to move forward with me for an onsite interview, and I have since reached out asking for advice on what would have helped them consider meeting me in person. No answer as if yet.

Interview Questions
  • How much experience did I have leading a team, What did I know about Big Fish. Mostly it was a back and forth conversation about my experience, me asking about the companies history and what the role would be about. Very casual and easy going.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Interviews