Cover image for Checkout.com
Logo

Add an Interview

Checkout.com Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 16 Dec 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 36 of over 482 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Checkout.com

Application

I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

Recruiter reached out after I submitted my resume. After setting up an initial time for our chat, recruiter just kept cancelling and changing the time, before just ghosting me with no explanation whatsover, without even having had the chance to have our initial chat Very poor experience. The basic thing to do is to at least inform the candidates of a change in the position

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Jul 2022

Interview

There was supposed to be an initial hr call followed by a case study and then technical interview and finally the cultural and team meeting interview. and at last the meeting with the manager or the CEO. BUT, the interview never showed up to the meeting and did not bother to cancel the interview. also send an email and no reply! tells a lot about the culture and the company.

Interview Questions
  • -hr call about experience - test case for homework
    Answer Question

Checkout.com

Application

I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

Hr interview, interview with senior manager/tech lead about technologies, work and technical info, no tests or hard questions. And final assignement (take home to do test). Final interview again with HR, like all companies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

The interview process was very organised. It took a bit longer than it needed to be due to availability of the interviewing staff, but it was each enough. The interview process is constantly being refined but it followed the structure below: 1. Screening with talent acquision specialist 2. Hackerrank test on fundamentals 3. Technical interview with Senior Engineer (review of skills and technical assessment, again Hackerrank solution). 4. Behavioural Interview 5. Offer

Interview Questions
  • Fundamentals of programming, OOP, Logging, metrics and Traceability, CI/CD and REST APIs. Extending a service to add additional functionality in technical test. Review of skills, projects and collaboration.

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

Introductory HR screen where they talk about the company. At this point it all seems ok. However the person from HR doesnt seem very confident in judging what a software engineer actually is. Asked whether a developer can do what a software engineer does. This seemed to me like a very broke hiring system where any slight word change and they lose all ability to make a judgement on a candidates CV/profile. Moreover, they didnt seem to understand the differences in types of programming roles out there. After chasing for my take home a week later, this company has decided to ignore me. No response. Apparently it's ok to ghost a candidate who has already put more than 4 hours into their process. Totally broken.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a developer and a software engineer?
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

There were 3 rounds which all took place within two hours. 1st Round - code review round, took only half an hour 2nd round - with the recruiter, half hour 3rd round - system design one hour. Code review round was ok. Did not see much counter questions or in depth technical discussions. Was smooth Recruiter round was almost unnecessary, because the recruiter had been talking to me since the start of process and already had most of the answers and this round was just a repeitition and a time waste in short. Had it been with the hiring manager, I would have get to know more about the team and the work being done. 3rd round was the most robotic round ever. There were 2 managers, out of which one manager did not talk at all throughout the interview except asking one last database related question. Most likely was a shadow interviewer. I tried to talk to them to know what kind of answer they are looking for, asked various system design intial questions about the usage,scalability etc. and all i got was blank expression and silence. HLD interviews are basically known to be open ended and it is expected to be a 2 way discussion about what can work and what can be the failure points. This interview was not at all like that. They were just expecting a perfect system without anything getting missed and without even giving their perspective. The interviewers did not even ask anything about my background, what I have done till now, how have I tackled such system design related questions throughout my experience. No such conversation ever happened. Overall not a very positive interview. Everything seemed mechanical.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com in Apr 2022

Interview

Took quite a long time for them to contact me between stages, ended up dropping out during the stage to develop some software as I didn't have the time to commit to it.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

Process was unorganized and interviewers were inflexible. Phone screening Hackerrank (MCQs, LC, SQL), easy Manager interview Technical interview with two senior engineers HR interview Interviewers were not willing to discuss the role or deviate from asking their questions ("save your questions till the end") and seemed to have particular correct answer in mind for the system design question but also did not clarify requirements when asked which would guide to such a system. Feedback took longer than needed with multiple excuses. Offered salary "at the top of the range" (with 10% bonus, 0 stock) which was below the minimum salary I gave during phone screening. They did not match other offers.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com in Mar 2022

Interview

The best interview process that I've ever participated in. People at Checkout don't act like interviewers from other companies. The culture here is awesome, and you can feel it from the beginning.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Mar 2022

Interview

Recruitment process was very smooth. Turnaround from first interview to offer was about 2 weeks. Communication throughout was clear and concise 60 Minute Screening Interview with Recruiter Intro to checkout.com, chat about experience and what I'm looking for in my next role Hacker rank Coding test 10 Multiple choice questions and 2 coding questions 30 Minute Interview with 2 Senior Engineering Managers CV walk through, reasons for looking for job, situational questions etc. 60 Minute Interview with 2 Software Engineers Chat about experience, questions around containerization and architecture, code review exercise

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Interviews