EQM, Incorporated Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at EQM, Incorporated

1.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EQM, Incorporated (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

This company is set up to prey on the young and desperate. They target recent college grads and people out of work promising paid training and easy entry level positions, but waste your time for something that is unlikely to pan out. After applying, I was sent a form email asking me to come in immediately for an interview. As I was serving jury duty, I was able to delay a week and finally got a human response to reschedule, after another form response to my first reschedule request. At my interview, I sat for over half an hour past my appointment time while a constant stream of applicants came and went. They probably had 15 people in every 15 minutes. The office space is cramped and shared with other similar companies with one receptionist for all. I filled out a basic form while TMZ played on the lobby TV. Eventually I was called into an interview room with another candidate. We had a less than 10 min interview where we were asked some basic questions, given a short employment shpeel, and told we'd be called between 4pm and 5pm that day if we were invited back for a full interview. No opportunity for questions, no personal attention. If you're looking for a real job where you're treated like a human, don't bother.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQM, Incorporated (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole team was very helpful throughout the whole process. I am excited to start working with such a motivated group of people. I applied online and the process was very simple.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EQM, Incorporated (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called - perhaps it was my own fault as it seemed shady and guy on the phone fobbed me off with my questions but I went. It was a joke. I waited almost 1 hour with a large number of people in a dark room - there weren't enough chairs so they brought more out. the chairs were filthy! there was music blaring however I was close enough to hear that the receptionist just wanted someone to interview a 1-10. She wrote on the applications and clearly 1-10 is someone they dont want - before they even interview. The receptionist also was on a cell phone booking more people in for interview - the people in the office called her Ingrid but on the phone she was patricia....this is clearly a scam!

Interview Questions

• where do I see myself in the future - no questions about my digital marketing degree!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EQM, Incorporated (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Small area over filled with people, waiting over 30 minutes. As normal with these fake types of companies you can hear them trying to do their "pumping up" chants and whatever with their recently hired people interrupting not only interviews but reception and calls in an extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, before telling you about them or what you would be doing or the position or positions available. Which was 1 of 3 questions I had asked on the paper given which had a space for questions you had of the company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EQM, Incorporated (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for a management trainee position but they wanted me to interview for a customer service position.

I received an email around 7:30 AM the day after I applied saying they reviewed my resume and wanted to meet me for an interview (it's usually not a good thing if a company calls you first thing the day after you apply, there's no chance they even looked at my resume). They gave me a list of times to choose from for the next day. Later in the day, someone from EQM called me saying the same thing, but when I said I couldn't meet this week and had to delay the interview to the next week she suddenly got very flustered and couldn't understand why I wanted to reschedule. She also never really told me what position the job interview was for, she gave me no further information than "It's a customer service position and we deal with Fortune 500 companies".

I then took the weekend and did some research of EQM interview and job experiences and decided that this job seemed very sketchy. The morning of the interview I sent the HR department an email saying I wanted more information about the job before I made the hour and a half trip to NYC. They called me a couple of hours later to tell me pretty much the same thing they told me in the previous phone call. When I specifically asked "What is the job? What would I be doing?" they just reiterated that they do sales/marketing/customer service for Fortune 500 companies. I decided that was enough for me and told them I would not be coming in for the interview. Any company that doesn't tell you what the job is specifically before you come in should not be trusted.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

A short questionnaire is given to fill out on arrival to the first interview (no phone screening before this). After completing it, you are called in for a short interview with one employee. If they are satisfied, you are offered a second interview as soon as the next day. This next interview is a full day commitment (potentially past 18:00); come with another copy of your resume, a notepad, and something to write with.

Another form is given when you arrive for you to acknowledge that you'll be with them the whole day and no compensation is expected, etc. Then you meet with your interviewer and a recent hire (someone with possibly less than a week of training) part of the interviewer's team. You head offsite via subway to an area with prospective and existing clients. You are expected to pay close attention to the interviewer and the trainee running their pitch since this sales experience is something everyone has to go through before reaching higher positions like management.

Upon return, a longer questionnaire is given. You meet with more employees before you're brought in to review your answers. Immediate availability (i.e., the next day) is mandatory; they will sense hesitation. Any remaining questions you have are addressed at this point.

Interview Questions

• Name 10 strengths and weaknesses of yours (very insistent on 10 of each)?   Answer Question
    • Provide ratios of how successful you feel client outreach is with the following mediums: billboard, TV, radio, and in person.   1 Answer
    • What are your predictions for where will you be (location) and how much will you be making in 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years?   Answer Question
    • How big (money-wise) is the office supply industry in the United States?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing - IT Did Not Exist Interview

Application

Interview

You will wait with a whole bunch of other people ranging for the young, the old and the down right scary. No screening is done prior to interview - they invite everyone. Music will be blasting in a very unprofessional, badly lit dirty office. People will be wandering around trying to look professional as you continue to wait. If you are really unlucky, they will have no rooms so will take you into a dodgy big back room where you wont be interviewed. Some badly trained - if trained at all - "corporate trainer" or CEO (laughable) will ask you maybe 3 questions. None of them about your background . BE AWARE. this is a pyramid scheme. Good them thoroughly before attending.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 year?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQM, Incorporated (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. I talked to the HR manager through email and was set an appointment for the next day. When I arrived, they looked busy but I was called for my interview within 15 minutes of waiting. Right after my interview, I was told that I am one of the top candidates and told to come back within an hour of the same day to do a shadowing on the head of HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the next couple of years?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQM, Incorporated (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

In an old apartment building where interviews are being held in multiple rooms. They are very nice and this is perfect for someone who is a people person and needs management experience. I declined because the job was different than the actual posting and I felt like they didn't really examine my resume.

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Talked with 3 different managers across different interviews. Each of them discussed different things with me regarding aspirations, behaviour, what I want to do, what is expected in the job, my past experience. The experience was so good and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.