Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview with 2 associates from the group I said I was interested in. The first round interview had basic resume questions followed by pretty basic technical questions and some brainteasers. I then got a 4 part assessment - it was kind of tough and you had to think very quickly for each question. Just got notified of a superday.

Interview Questions

• Walk through of resume. Why Macquarie? How do value a company? Which methodology generates a higher valuation?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

your normal online apps followed by phone. Attended diversity networking event before the in person interview. Didn't network before the event. Employees very nice and helpful. Also very responsive when you reach out after getting the offer.

Real Estate Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

There was an HR screening call, followed by a phone interview, and finally a final round in-person interview. The process was pretty straightforward and simple - I received very few technical questions. Most of the questions were behavioral and related to my previous internship experiences

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my internship experiences   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in December 2019.

Interview

Four round interview. First-round phone screening from HR, followed by two video interviews from the Sydney office and one round OA at LA local office. The video interview was through the Webex to a conference room and I can barely the interviewer's voice. I was rejected because of the communication capability :).

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews with some technicals. Overall had a great experience and the interview was chill. I ended up interviewing for their Philly office for a summer analyst position and was extended an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous internship experience.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Reached out to alumni connections, and networked to an interview spot for the analyst class in Houston. First-round was over the phone. Basic FIT, including the ", walk me through your resume" and a brief technical over DCFs. The final round was in the office with 5 team members. Similar questions with a few more technical on the industry. There was an aptitude test which was hard but must have not been weighted heavily.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF? Why IB? Why O&G? What's going on in the macro environment right now? Why Macquarie? (also know how to value upstream companies)   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with a director-level employee, ~90min computer-based assessment in their office, then two more meetings with director-level staff. Each step was 1-2 weeks apart, with feedback coming anywhere from hours after a meeting to a week later. Ultimately was told they wanted someone with a different background/experience, which made the process feel like a waste of my time and theirs. Everyone I spoke with seemed very friendly and candid, but clearly their process could be improved.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions reviewing past experience, nothing terribly technical.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Technical test and 2 interviews. The test was accounting and finance based and then one interview was technical and the other interview was HR based abut they had a mix set of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing that you like about Macquarie?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Got the first round interview through on campus recruiting and had a pretty straight forward fit interview along with several brain teasers. Went in for a super day following that, which consisted of some technical questions but also? More brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for brain teasers!   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

At the start it was positive. The recruiter was good. They will pursue you as a good recruiter will.

If you dont obtain the required score for their intelligence test you will be ghosted.

If you have a strong resume I honestly would not bother pursuing a opportunity with this firm.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.