Mediaocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Mediaocean Interview Questions

Interviews at Mediaocean

Interview

This was on campus placement drive. There was one written test of 30 questions consisting of quant, verbal, software engineering, os and was asked to find output of some programs. After this there were 3 face to face interviews. 2technical and 1HR. In the 1st technical interviews they mostly asked about the projects i have done in academics and some details abt it, and about some sorting algorithms also they asked about interests and hobbies. Then in the HR round some common questions were asked. Then it was followed by the 2nd technical round in which they mostly asked about the java concepts also asked to write some queries. The questions about java were mostly on threads, java reflection, executor service class, Object class, mutex and semaphores.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

A waste of time. I initially spoke with the director recruiting at the beginning of November. Our conversation seemed to have gone well however I never heard back. A month later, another internal recruiter reaches out as if it's the first time I've been contacted re this role. I'm told to take two different assessments before even speaking with the recruiter. I take the tests and set up an initial phone screen with her. She mentions the hiring manager saw my resume and wants to speak with me. Great. This however can't take place until I retake the math/comprehension test AGAIN, via Skype just so they can make sure it's me. What a joke. Thereafter, I'm not finally able to speak with the hiring manager. First, she was very cold over the phone and not friendly. Second, after about 4 minutes, she asks about my traditional experience and I tell her it is limited. My resume CLEARLY shows my experience is in Digital yet after speaking with the hiring manager I'm now told the role pertains mainly to traditional media. This wasn't even made clear in the job description because if it was, I never would've applied. All in all, complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and what you're looking for next?   Answer Question

Mediaocean Response

Dec 21, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your honest feedback. We try to maintain frequent and transparent communication with all candidates, but admittedly, we could have done a better job in this instance. We are in the... More

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

They have you take a aptitude test and a personality test with the application, and then retake the test in the first interview. First interview was over Skype, this was much more of a "get to know you" type interview. The recruiter gave a good rundown on the company, the job, the training process, and the hiring process. Second interview was about a week after the first, this was the technical portion. The recruiter takes you on a tour of the office, then you sit down with a dev in the Chicago office and talk with him and a New York dev over Skype. Basic technical interview questions, no real curve balls. After this, there's a talk with one of the execs in NY over Skype. Basically, he's looking for a personality fit at this point.

I got an offer literally on the drive home. The whole process was pretty low stress, and amazingly quick. Everyone I dealt with was very nice, and very relaxed, they definitely put you at ease.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you have no division operation available. How would you implement a function to divide two numbers only using the other operations, IE addition, subtraction, multiplication, binary shift, etc.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

There was pre interview questions asking about my personality. I also had to take a pre interview test. The pre interview test was challenging but I moved on to the next part which is a skype interview. The whole process took two weeks.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume on LinkedIn. Had an interview with the Director of Customer Support.

Was told that the company had a large number of potential growth opportunities available.

Asked me about my background as they read it off my resume. It seemed like the Director had not looked at my resume until we sat down for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What types of cases did you work on at your previous employer?
      Have you ever made a mistake at your previous employer, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Hasbrouck Heights, NJ (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, followed by an in-person interview in NJ with two people (separate interviews), followed then by a phone interview with the Director of the department.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

First got a call from HR, not having applied, I believe they came across my resume through LinkedIn. After a half an hour or so call with HR, they asked me to come in where I met with her face to face along with three other hiring managers and then a phone interview the next week with the SVP of the Department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the original offer and did not negotiate...

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

The interview process is long, it consists of 4 rounds including one written aptitude test.
    But it is worth the time and efforts.
    For aptitude and first interview I had to go to their office. Third technical round and HR discussion were telephonic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They agreed to pay what I asked for. It was easy negotiation. HR is very supportive.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

After applying I received an email prompting me to take a timed personality and cognitive test. The cognitive test got harder over time. The questions were primarily math word problems, pattern matching multiple choice questions, and English language based multiple choice questions.

From there I was told I would need to schedule a Skype webcam interview where I would take the cognitive test again and then talk about the position. The interviewer was very friendly and cordial. They asked about 3 straightforward questions, then allowed me to ask questions about the job. They then told me to contact them after a certain date to find out if I would move on to more interviews.

I was told after contacting them that they had gone with an employee referral. Overall the process is somewhat slow moving at first, but it was not a bad experience.

Internship Interview

Interview

You have to take a cognitive test- twice. Once when you apply and again during a Skype interview so they can monitor you. Long interview process. If you make it until the end, you have 3 interviews total. Very nice interviewers. Great experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.