POP Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at POP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POP (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2019

Interview

Good afternoon, I am reaching out regarding my interview experience I encountered today. I was confirmed for a 1pm appointment on Thursday, July 11th. I arrived 10 minutes early as requested by the interviewer. I overheard that many other candidates were also scheduled for an interview with Pop Atlanta with the same recruiter at 1pm as well. It seemed like the recruiter was trying to play "catch up" by going through interviews in 5-7minutes. After waiting an hour, I decided to depart because I felt like my time was not respected. As a Marketing Director and with my experience level, this is a first impression of the business and this is not attractive and very disrespectful. I do not expect a response, I just wanted to make someone aware of the "interview" process.

Interview Questions
  • Never interviewed
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2019

Interview

The hacks I dealt with at POP Agency (is there an O missing from its first name?) came across as willfully & profoundly ignorant – ignorant of the most basic, common-sense reasons any candidate seeks a job in the first place: to buy food; to keep a roof over one’s noggin. Their deciding-factor questions were offensively idealistic: what would you most want to write about? Since this was a mere ideal, I gave a wistfully honest answer. Be Warned: POP takes EVERYTHING you say literally and holds it against you. The agency also aggressively courts amateurs & beginners who are desperate for usable clips on their portfolios (just look up their past CWs on LinkedIn; you'll soon recognize a pattern of get 'em while they're green, cut 'em loose quick); if you’re already accomplished in your field, then skip this trash heap dumpster fire of an “agency.” POP’s clients veer towards big-box cheese: they bask in low-grade multi-unit retailers that any adv/mkt would be ashamed to post publicly as “work.” POP, you’ll notice, doesn’t feature any screenshots or case studies on its website. Not so much out of confidentiality as a fear of owning down to its vulgarity. My two contacts – one in HR, the other a hiring manager of some allegedly upper echelon of design – initially seemed on the level, yet both (sooner rather than later) revealed themselves as charlatans incapable of truth. Madame HR likes to say, “I've been a candidate, I get it. Hopefully, I can help make it an easy, stress-free process.” But she doesn’t. She and I were on the phone for 30+ minutes while she, in her basso sultry voice, mined me for info on the big brands I’d worked with. Not to understand my processes, but merely for her gossip. She soon arranged a video interview with the design overlord, a thin man who painted a gee-whiz-nice portrait of agency culture: everyone marches out to First Thursday together, etc. He came across as unassumingly geeky yet turned out to have a tremendous self-regard. I later learned he considers himself “a visionary, entrepreneur, likened to a hawk, recruiting the best talent and building a world-class creative team.” (He left out egomaniac.) Well, if all of that were true, then why does he routinely nab beginners and give the shaft to creatives who have substantial life/career experience? Because he’s a lightweight who doesn’t want to be upstaged. I thought things had gone well in both interviews. Then I get an email from HR diva stating, “After careful consideration...” Translation: I wasn’t young enough or naive enough for them. A willingness to head into the Augean stables of low-life e-com doesn’t matter to these self-important self-styled “geniuses.” Oh, and, POP almost constantly posts notices for copywriters EVEN WHEN THEY DON’T HAVE OPENINGS. Another red flag. These people are less like an ad agency and more like a heavy-breathing blind date.

Interview Questions
  • What would your ideal writing job be about? (Asked the big bad wolf in grandpa's clothing)
2 people found this interview helpful

POP

Application

I interviewed at POP

Interview

It was ok. Not too hard. I can now just repeat this on and on because I believe that 30 words is a bit too much. For sure, it is not easy meeting your requirements.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POP (New York, NY) in Oct 2018

Interview

Was a group interview & lasted 5 minutes, didn’t ask super relevant questions & didn’t mention the role I was applying for. Gave the wrong address the first time and resent another address. Called at 8:30 at night to arranged second interview and confirmed interview through email for the wrong day. Didn’t mention the specifics of the second interview, but said it would last 4 hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

POP

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POP in Apr 2018

Interview

good overall, many things to learn. very helpful even if for interns only. looking forward to apply for a job here. people are very friendly towards new employees and even gives advice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

POP

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at POP

Interview

The whole process was a bit slow, but there was constant and clear communication during most of the interview time. The interviewers were always upfront about what came next and the options I would have.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2017

Interview

First had a phone screen. They were late in calling me. Phone screen was about 1hr of talking about my experience and my interests. Was invited to come into their office the next day. I was a few minutes late due to my Lyft driver taking the worst possible route. That didn't matter: my interviewers were more than 30 minutes late. Sat around for some time looking at the fancy remodeled office in the heart of downtown Seattle. Eventually met with a few people (various staff and managers) and was pretty much offered the job right away. Given a tour of the office and nobody was at work that day. Very strange.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2016

Interview

Contacted via email by agency HR manager after submission was in for 2 weeks; she requested a 20 minute phone discussion. Our conversation lasted 70 minutes, which saw her share quite abit of detail about the role but also made it clear they still had some organizational details to sort out; a week later I received an email advising that they "will not be moving forward with additional interviews at this time".

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

POP

Application

I interviewed at POP

Interview

Applied to a position requiring a minimum of 6 years of experience. A few weeks later, I received an email specifically stating that I did not have enough experience. I have nearly 12 years of directly applicable experience, including two positions with the exact same job title. The recruiter encouraged me to follow up, but did not include contact information, and sent the email from a 'no reply' address, so further discussion or clarification was not possible.

5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in Jan 2016

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was selected for an in-person interview where I met with the recruiter and the individual who would be my boss if hired. Before the interview ended they invited me back for a second in-person interview. At this interview I met the previous receptionist, the recruiting manager, and the director of HR.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for this position? What are your career goals?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews