SIM Partners Interview Questions

Updated 31 Mar 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

Applied online33%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SIM Partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SIM Partners (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2016

Interview

I applied through Built In, was contacted for a phone interview, and got an invite for the sit down interview over the course of a few days. Phone interview was lovely, and at the office I met with the director of client success and the SVP. Both true gentlemen. They were forthcoming regarding the daily tasks required of this job and they were honest about what they were seeking in a candidate. I didn't end up landing the position, and it was probably for the best as they surely could've found someone with more tech experience for the role. I left with the impression that SIM Partners is a no-nonsense office where their main drive is to get things done with respect and understanding.

Interview Questions
  • You don't have much tech experience - why are you interested in this position, and more generally, this company?
    Answer Question
  • Location data management isn't always glamorous or exciting work; do you think you can handle daily spreadsheet minutiae at the computer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SIM Partners (Chicago, IL) in Feb 2015

Interview

The in-person interview was disorganized and a mess from the beginning. 1.Their HR person was out of the office and didn't get anyone to fill in for her, I was basically looking for people in the office to tell me where is my interview.After 5 minutes of searching I was able to get someone to show me where my interview will be conducted. 2.The person who gave me the office tour was for some reason not having it that day and acted very annoyed as if this task fell on her last minute. Their employee did a very poor job on selling the company culture. 3.The interview panel did not have experience in conducting a good interview( except for the technical part) it felt as if they searched google for a list of questions and they wanted to hear the answer they have on the paper. 4.I also interviewed with a team lead\manager who had a thick accent ( probably french) this employee basically stated clearly and I quote " if you are as good as you say then why your were part of a major layoff?"I should of walked away after that! With employees like that ,this company can easily get sued by violating the federal Civil Rights Act that prohibits employment discrimination.

Interview Questions
  • if you are as good as you say then why your were part of a major layoff?

SIM Partners

Application

I interviewed at SIM Partners in Jan 2015

Interview

5 rounds total, I believe. First with HR, then 2 rounds with some of their developers. Stuff like FizzBuzz. Questions about various things in javascript, html, css. Some example problems to work through on an online code-sharing thing. Then interviews with some higher ups. VP of tech and product. A little bit technical during those, but nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions
  • What happens in javascript if you dont use 'var' in a variable definition? Write fizzbuzz. Explain CSS :before and :after. Etc etc

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SIM Partners (Chicago, IL)

Interview

First HR interview, then it was a personal interview where around 5 people interviewed 1 by 1 each 30 to 45 minutes. Asked about the various skills. Some project management and process related questions. Overall a decent experience.

Interview Questions
  • what are your weak points ? why are they weak, what you don't like about your self? what will you do when your co-workers don't get along and keep fighting all the time? will you improve your week points or will you hide them ?

SIM Partners

Application

I interviewed at SIM Partners

Interview

I applied for a position that I was qualified for, got a phone call from HR. The person started asking me generic and biased questions: what is your biggest accomplishment, why did you apply for this role, why you wanna make a move? without caring much about the expertise and the skills that I am bringing. Successful companies don't ask such generic questions to tech professional, they rather care about the skills and the professional experience they have.

Interview Questions
  • most of the questions were out of context and very generic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SIM Partners (New York, NY)

Interview

Applied online, HR reached out for a phone interview then was invited in for an in person interview. The in person interview was unorganized, interviewers didn't know anything about the position, waste of time, poor communication with HR manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed