Sidley Austin Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 100 of over 100 interviews

Campus Recruiting15%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Easier than expected. Two rounds first with office manager, second with other paralegal team members. Their personalities made it comfortable and bonus that it was non-panel style. Office manager no longer there.

Interview Questions
  • How quickly can you learn?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Unprofessional! They scheduled a date and time for the interview that was confirmed. I showed up and the interview didn’t take place. They’re looking at me bizarre despite me showing them the correspondences for the date /time. I should’ve took that as a sign from then that it’d be a sh*t show .

Interview Questions
  • “So this would be like a promotion for you, then?”

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Interviewed for the Hong Kong office. 4 rounds of interview. Exam/HR/Junior to midlevel associates/partners and counsels. They do not know what you talked about in the last round, so basically it's like repeating same conversation again and again. Mandarin Chinese required.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

the staff i interviewed with werent exactly welcoming about the company and didnt make me feel wanted. as a candidate this is not something that was appealing to me. they made it seem as if they were doing it out of obligation, not want.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

There were two interviews: one with an associate and one with a partner. The associate interview involved a general review of the vacation scheme and your main motivations for applying for the firm and for a training contract. The partner interview involved looking at a FT article and analysing it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Standard interview process, rotation through attorneys at the firm. Most people seemed mildly interested in talking but largely stuck to a script of questions. Senior attorneys would sometimes go off script based on resume or interests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2021

Interview

Interview was done remotely. Had meetings with members of multiple different departments. Time between hearing back from the interviewer was a bit too long. Most of the time was spent discussing with different departments to find if I was a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

It was a very lengthy process and they they took ages getting back to me. Apart from the fact that the process was long, the interview itself was not that hard if you are prepared. The interviewer was friendly and the questions are foreseeable so make sure to prepare and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Very easy and relaxed! Mostly behavioral questions and everyone was very nice. Do recommend rehearsing answers before. Questions included about resume history, future careers, and personality. Heard back within a day.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Sidley?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL)

Interview

I spent most of the time taking tests. The typing test was a bit painful. They queried my software knowledge and included a spelling test to show adequate language skills and then a fairly brief interview.

Interview Questions
  • how much money did I want to earn
Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Interviews