The Hartford Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

The Hartford Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hartford

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was with Personnel. They asked typical questions regarding past experience, education, why I wanted the job, why I would be good for it. The next series of interviews were with 3 different attorneys. They were all very relaxed and asked typical interview questions, nothing unusual. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the department and staff were very supportive and close knit. It was definitely a team environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked a couple of questions relating to underwriting of policies, which I was unfamiliar with at the time.   3 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, accepted the offer.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR, scheduled a phone interview. Interview went well, and got called back within a couple of days to schedule another interview with the person who I would be reporting to in this position. Second interview went well and they told me I would hear back from them by the end of the following week if I got the third interview. I did not hear back from them by the following Friday and emailed the lady who I interviewed with. On the following Monday I got a call from HR that I did not get the position.

Associate Attorney Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. I submitted the application, received a call for a phone interview with HR. After passing the HR interview, I interviewed with managing attorney. After interview I waited a few weeks and received a phone call regarding status of application.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you messed something up. What did you do and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Aurora, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple and took about a month. I applied online, passed the initial phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview the next week. The in-person interview consisted of standard behavioral questions, all pretty easy. It went fairly well except that halfway through one of the supervisors came in to conduct his portion of the interview which was basically the same set of questions I had just answered. It all felt very rushed after that and I could kind of tell he wasn't really too invested in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you had to work under a great amount of pressure?   Answer Question

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Syracuse, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took an online assessment test, was emailed to set up phone interview. Learned about the position and went over my resume during that call. A few days later I received an email with the time and date of my face to face interview.

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Email, phone interview and wait for decision to be hired or not. Once offered I had to wait for a background check to be completed and then officially offered a position.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Maitland, FL (US)).

Interview

Applied in 2006, i was given a relatively easy verbal and arithmetic exam. Should not be a problem for any individual to pass that has a college degree. This was followed up with a interview with the Head of the underwriting department. Interview was very relaxed. All behavioral questions, nothing technical was asked. Even spent a quarter of the time talking about hobbies and regular cocktail type conversations. Overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Underwriter as your first job out of college?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in February 2018.

Interview

Very slow down progress and the HR did not answer your questions. They did phone interview and only asked what they wanted to know. They do not care if you have any questions. Same like other interviews mentions before, the company does not care your time, only following their schedule.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Sent in resume. Had a phone interview with HR. They sent a link to take on line tests. They said they would be in touch to schedule an in person interview with a department head. Then it took months to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview did not include very many technical questions.   Answer Question

Salary not in line with competitors

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Very fast interview process. Applied on a Thursday, received a call the next day, went in for an interview the next Wednesday, and had an offer in a few days. The recruiter was very friendly and personable and was very good at taking the stress off the interview process. The interview itself wasn't bad either, was asked to solve a few logical problems on a whiteboard and answered some basic programming questions (most of mine were Java focused). The interviewers were very good at walking through my thought process and talking me through why I did what/ what I would do different/ etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.