Cover image for Trader Joe's

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,300 of over 1.3K interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trader Joe's

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodmere, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Woodmere, OH) in Jul 2022

Interview

The Trader Joe's hiring process is personable, equitable, and thorough. I was reviewed by numerous managers before meeting with the store manager. Each session was relaxed and made me eager to work with a seemingly wonderful group of people. I appreciate Glassdoor for helping me connect with the hiring process at Trader Joe's and look forward to my new career. Thank you very much.

Interview Questions
  • Aside from questions about myself and why I wanted to work at TJ's, they were especially interested in show I view the knowledge sharing aspect in any work environment. I believe that my background and respect of all peoples' backgrounds and experiences cast me in a positive light for this company. I look forward to working on this "team."
    Answer Question
7 people found this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

The interview process was one that asked a lot of personal questions that make you look deep inside yourself. That is probably how they get such amazing members. Just be a good person

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

Asked me about questions regarding myself and previous job titles held, overall casual type of interview to get to know candidate on a deeper level. It was straight to the point and didn’t really ask any hard questions to my surprise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

It’s all about yourself. Pretty easy and straight forward. Product knowledge is a must so make sure to know a few things about product. They ask weird questions but I think it’s so lighten the mood.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite product and why?

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

- phone screen then in-person interview. - you have to call to do the phone screening - Phone screening was just one question and then they ask to schedule in-person interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

General interview with a manager. Questions revolved around customer service experiences and was asked to talk about my hobbies, where I see myself in 5 years etc. Had an interesting conversation with the manager, although the next day I was notified that I wouldn't be a good fit for the job. Manager mentioned to keep applying because that is what they look for, but I didn't want to jump through unnecessary hoops for this position..

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite TJ product and why.

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

Great fresh food affordable prices good friendly staff friendly service awesome staff great staff friendly staff beautiful staff no complaints here yet they have been busy and they were awesome. Funny place

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

laid back, easy going, friendly. i felt very relaxed while i was talking to the manager. i went through a round of three interviews. they were not intimidating at all and i felt like i could open up to them. i wore casual clothing, jeans, flannel & boots.

Interview Questions
  • what my favorite trader joe's product was

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Chicago, IL)

Interview

So kind! Just want to have a conversation. Asked to tell me about myself and my relationships. Very short and to the point, sometimes they do a second interview depending on the first one.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Describe a time that you were a leader

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

Basic Questions: Biggest flaw, greatest strength. Mostly concerned with your schedule and hours. What types of conflicts you might have. That sort of thing. My interviewer did ask me a few basic change making questions to complete the process and make sure I could handle money. A few questions about my previous employment

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

Swift, they wanted to get to know who I was as a person, which is probably how the majority of trader joes workers are amazing people. I ended up crying because it got emotional

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful