Varian Medical Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Varian Medical Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Varian Medical Systems

2.9

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

It was great! Applied online, recruiter reached out to me and did basic interview. It was followed by an interview with hiring manager. After that hiring manager, including 3 other engineers took interview. Finally, hiring manager, director, and the HR partner interviewed me. Got the decision 2 days afterwards!

Applications Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems.

Interview

Phone screen from a recruiter, asking basic questions and explaining the company(i.e: their mission, the overall company) , the position and basic questions about me. I scheduled an interview with the hiring manager for the next week and had a 30 min interview where he asked what my background was, my skills and basic interview questions to how I would handle situations or scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What are two current security related articles you've read and what did you gain from them?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

It was a pleasure meeting the professionals at this company however, the process itself was something out of the stone age. First, I interviewed with over 9 people on at least 5 different calls. Some of the interviewers were not apprised of what the role was I was interviewing for. Several interviews were rescheduled or cancelled. Most of the questions of a general nature were repetitive across interviews and it was clear the TEAM was not compiling information or talking as a group about questions to ask. In one interview, I was challenged to provide "documents" or previous work products which proved I " did my own work". Along the way I was receiving positive feedback from the external recruiter on the role. After completion of the interview or what I thought was the end, which was delayed several times due to repeat cancellations, I was told that they didn't have budget for the role by the external recruiter(which I find challenging to believe), who didn't even have the courtesy nor did anyone on the team to call and provide candid feedback after all the hours of my personal time devoted to this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a sample of work from your last company to prove you did your own work and did have someone else do it.   1 Answer
    • Question regarding ethical decisions...something along the line of have I ever had any ethical dilemmas. There was a sub question which related to how do I determine ethical v. unethical conduct.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in March 2020.

Interview

I was sent a text message from a recruiter about a month after applying with link to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Recruiter talked for 27 of those 30 minutes about the company and job. It seemed to go well enough and he indicated he would forward my info on to the hiring manager for a 2nd interview. I received an email 10 days later from a different recruiter saying that I was no longer a candidate.

Corporate Development Associate Interview

Interview

It works well. The HR asked some basic questions. She also asked my understanding of company. She also shares more about company after hearing my answers. This is a first round or screening call.

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for the position online and it was a total of 3 video call interviews for the position. I met with the managers from different teams and talked with me about my interests in the positions. Most of them are behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Varian? What is your expectation from the internship?
      Talk about projects you mentioned on the resume   Answer Question

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter came across my profile and invited me to a google hangout. When trying to connect to the video interview several times he mentioned that he would be conducting the interview via video chat. I've never heard of such a thing so decided not to proceed. If you can't give candidates face time to conduct a normal interview that says a lot about the company.

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in January 2020.

Interview

Had 9 interviews, was told I was the number one candidate. Had to followup with the recruiter multiple times to never here from him again. When I withdrew from contention I get a call stating I never called him back........which of course is not true. Very poor candidate experience!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems in November 2019.

Interview

Interview was proceeded by a phone screening from a non varian employee - which was interesting - the interview itself was very conservative and traditional in nature. Lot of questions on your previous experience

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Varian Medical Systems.

Interview

The process was good and it worked well started with hiring manager and went on to technical followed by a oniste review before it was awarded but it was tedious and involved lot of experience related questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.