Mission: HX's mission is to 'make every trip a better trip'. Every person here works hard each day to do just that. Our People Mission is to make HX a truly amazing place to work and learn. As a result we have a reputation for being an ...
I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (Less than a year)
Great friendly environment, great work life balance
Not clearly defined career path
Advice to Management
Define learning and career path for each role to keep the best talents
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2015.
I applied online by submitting a CV and covering letter through Holiday Extra's own form on their
recruitment website. There were several stages to the interview process:
- A telephone interview where we discussed the role, team working and my interest in the job
- A technical task to be completed from home, taking roughly a working day
- Face-to-face interview with prospective line manager and HR representative
- Face-to-face interview with technical staff to discuss previously completed task and experience
- 'Meet the team' panel chat with a cross-section of technical staff
- 1:1 pairing on a current piece of work with an existing member of staff.
At each stage everyone was friendly and approachable making it a lot less stressful as interviewee. The process felt very thorough which gave me confidence in the other team members I could be working with.
The whole process took 2-3 months in total and there were points where I didn't hear any feedback for 2-3 weeks. This did make me think that I had not been successful.
We held our first #HXHosts event yesterday, inviting the awe-inspiring Natalia Cohen part of the world record breaking, all female @coxlesscrew. She left us all energised, motivated and inspired. 'It was one of those rare talks that really inspired me deep at my core.' one HXer said. Check our their documentary on Netflix: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ7Ck
Over the past few weeks, HXers donated over 100 presents to our HX Giving Trees for women and children living in local refuges this Christmas. The response was overwhelming so a big thank you to everyone who took part and for your generosity. Here we are delivering the presents...