Blackhawk Network Reviews

Found 530 of over 573 reviews

3.4
Blackhawk Network CEO and President Talbott Roche
Talbott Roche
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and great team work(in 29 reviews)

• "Good Salary, Work on latest technologies, Product work environment(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work life balance and not much good benefits(in 19 reviews)

• "lack of communication from upper management(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Very good

Sep 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Good tech stack 2) Great people

Cons

1) None i can think of

2. 4.0

Great Opportunities - Can improve Work Structures

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is great to work for, flexible work/life balance Good chance to grow Rewards hard workers

Cons

Teams can be a either too unorganized or too much red tape. Can make work hard to navigate at times Salary isn't always the most competitive but offset by more senior opportunities to grow

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company to Work For

Sep 14, 2021 - Senior Client Services Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote roles available Innovative products Great company wide communication

Cons

Internal career growth Work loads not equal amongst departments

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Product company with a great leadership team

Sep 1, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

The India HR team is excellent. They take extraordinary care of employees. The support during Covid was commendable The India unit is lead by Radhakrishna and he comes across as a smart leader who can take this company to greater heights The product team is good and the engineering team is very capable BHN has hired great talent and that is visible when we interact with co-workers and peers I worked as a Senior Product Manager with the Core Enterprise services - Master Data & Onboarding and it is a super cool team. By far, this team is one of the best performing teams in BHN I have not seen any company in the past where the India HR head personally interacts with you twice in a month and solicits feedback for betterment. Initially i thought it was one of those visionary steps that would slowly fade away. But i was proved wrong

Cons

Sometimes, BHN is a little over aggressive and all over the place. But, this is strictly my opinion and could be subject to a debate:-). No offence meant!

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

internal audit

Aug 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

very good team. great leadership.

Cons

compensation is not competitive. can do better

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great team!

Aug 22, 2021 - Senior Technical Product Manager in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

This was long pending. I worked with BHN India from Mar'20 to Oct'20. - The interview process was one of the best I have come across - The onboarding was seamless - Being the first process oriented organization for me in my career, there were a lot of processes I learnt here - High performing teams. Even though my stint was short, I did learn a lot from the team members. - I have no words to describe the support I received from the management and the team when I was having a difficult time adjusting to working from home and was unable to be productive. A big thank you for your empathy, constant backing and support(not many would do it) Overall a great team and company to work with.

Cons

Nothing that I can point out.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture, fast moving company

Aug 27, 2021 - Risk and Compliance in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a strong, scrappy, entrepreneurial culture that values moving quickly to gain strong market positions. But the culture they've built values quality of life and most managers have reasonable expectations at an individual level.

Cons

Speed sometimes causes stumbles, and trying to innovate quickly in the heavily regulated financial services space can be extremely challenging. Their investors are very budget sensitive and they have sometimes cut staff levels to a point that can make it very difficult to execute everything in a timely manner.

8. 4.0

Good place to work

Aug 20, 2021 - Technology Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a very good place to work. Here we have a very friendly environment. Timely recognition is done by management.

Cons

Office location should be available in most areas around London so that employees should not travel a lot in different parts of the city.

9. 3.0

Busy

Sep 1, 2021 - Senior Director in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Digital Payment Industry with many acquisitions

Cons

too much processes, no stocks

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Avoid this company

Sep 16, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, ME
      Business Outlook

Pros

- After BHN acquired my company, they left us alone for awhile and things remained good

Cons

- BHN promised to create a "center of excellence" at our location (where we created an innovative eGift Card product that was the core of our company), but instead of doing that they -- put in a hiring freeze -- cut pay 20% during the first pandemic wave, even though eGift Card sales were way up -- cancelled merit based pay raises -- essentially stopped giving raises altogether -- forced arbitrary and destructive technology changes on us (G Suite -> Microsoft, Jira -> Rally, etc) -- meddled in how our teams operated with micro-managing mid-level executives -- and finally, laid off 20 people So much for creating a "center of excellence"

6 people found this review helpful