61% would recommend to a friend
(1698 total reviews)
76% approve of CEO
Found 1,698 of over 2K reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management was poor since they only know how to pass on stress and KPIs without considering the market/client base" (in 128 reviews)
- "Long hours in an ever changing environment that makes it hard to navigate and plan for goals" (in 56 reviews)
- "Low salary unless you resign then they give you counter offer to aline with your offer from other brand" (in 55 reviews)
- "horrible managers at Burberry , too many expectations and very draining" (in 52 reviews)
- "No work/life balance and they are the only luxury brand who does not include shoes with their uniform" (in 39 reviews)
- 5.07 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSingapore
- Friendly colleagues, great culture - Well-being days (half days on Fridays in Summer/ Winter) - Great employee discounts/ employee benefits - Flexible work
- Structure can be improved
- 4.07 Jun 2023Senior Client AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSingapore
Great team work, good management, fun team, strong bonding
High target, long working hours
- 3.027 Apr 2022Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
Ample of experience provided in terms of front of the house sale
Terrible management, work culture was extremely strenuous
- 4.023 Sept 2021Visual MerchandiserCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Open to ideas and feedback in the visual merchandising department, locally and globally. A small VM team but everyone is positive and encouraging to work with.
Every month there's an event/activation being organised due to the continual re-branding campaign that the brand is still doing. Great fun when there's always something to look forward to but it also gets very tiring physically
- 4.031 Aug 2021Senior Retail Sales AssociateCurrent EmployeeSingapore
My manager and General manager are very down to earth and understand my working skills and needs
Long working hours and OT hours can’t pay into money
- 5.020 May 2021Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSingapore
Management approach Team spirit Quality improvement on leather goods Vision
Just give yourself some time to fit into the culture, the journey is incredible2
- 4.03 May 2016Marketing InternFormer EmployeeSingapore
You get to work with different teams around the world, and the work is very interesting. There is a lot of strategic thinking involved and it is overall a very exciting company to work for.
Structure is a bit rigid - a lot of guidelines to adhere to as the company wishes to maintain high level of quality and consistency.
- 4.021 Nov 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great exposure to the retail world, first part-time job (Singapore based) and colleagues were all friendly. Gained more knowledge on the products.
Management a little slow as they do not prioritise part-timers as much as permanent staffs.
Burberry Reviews FAQs
Burberry has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,015 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Burberry to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
61% of Burberry employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Burberry 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.