Clean Harbors Reviews

Found 1,193 of over 1,241 reviews

3.4
Clean Harbors Chairman, President, and CEO Alan S. McKim
Alan S. McKim
Pros
  • "There are some great people working here(in 52 reviews)

• "Good money safety is up to par good people to work around and just like working for clean harbors(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If it wasn't for the workers upper management wouldn't get the bonuses(in 57 reviews)

• "Long hours but that is driving truck in any and all weather conditions(in 55 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

AMAZING!

Jun 8, 2021 - Talent Consultant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

They truly care about employees and put a big focus on safety. They want to ensure each of our teammates go home to their families the way they came to work. Tons of opportunities for advancement across N. America. Benefits are awesome and they even offer Pet Insurance! I love my team and managers I support. Everyone is down to earth and very helpful and friendly. Training is top notch and ongoing. In fact, the co. now offers to cover 100% tuition at an accredited Big Ten school in the Midwest. You can obtain and AS, BS, or Master’s degree. Do you know how much college tuition is at Big Ten school?! Amazing benefit. I love how we support companies to care for the environment. Truly an organization that cares and provides opportunities.

Cons

Our ATS is outdated and clunky. They are working on paying high compensation for field positions. Processes need perfected, but again, they are always trying new ways to make things better.

Continue reading

Clean Harbors Response

Thank you for this wonderful review! Clean Harbors IS an amazing place to work. There are plethora of opportunities for growth and development. We strive to be the industry leader by offering excellent service to our customers and top notch total rewards benefit packages to our employees.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Clean clean

Sep 14, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good clean place and fun

Cons

Sometimes lack hygiene and difficult to work for

3. 5.0

Wonderful office

Sep 10, 2021 - Senior Tax Analyst in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office we got best supporting team. Nice growth. HR team is best. Office ambiance. Safety is the first priority.

Cons

Except cab facility or transport allowance. Rest all excellent. I come from 25kms far away that is why cab or allowances are cons..but for people who stay near by they have no other problems

Clean Harbors Response

Thank you for taking the time to post. Clean Harbors is a wonderful place to work! We will pass on your suggestions on the transportation issue.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Sep 1, 2021 - Foreman in Cannon Falls, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of hours. Pay is ok.

Cons

I had to quit 2 times to get a raise. They don't appreciate you until you put your notice in.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Clean Harbors Response

Thank you for letting us know. We will check in with the MN team.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Sep 3, 2021 - Associate in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Levaes policy is good in this

Cons

shifts timings in this company

Thank you for sharing.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Long days

Sep 13, 2021 - Chemist in Braintree, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid hourly Can get CDL through them

Cons

Work Saturdays in summer Long hours

7. 5.0

Very good company

Aug 30, 2021 - Tech Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is very nice company and I learned a lot.

Cons

Didn't find any issues with company

Always nice to hear!

8. 2.0

Executive Team Gives Lip Service to Progress

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

With services that can resonate to a new generation, the company could really make progress with the next generation of leaders. Disposal of hazardous material and the recycling of used motor oil can help the environment. The company has great scale and room for growth in most of the services and sectors in which it operates. Mostly protected from the changes in economy.

Cons

The company is run by what is internally described as the “mafia”. This is not far from the truth with the key influencers being of course the founder and Chief Executive, Alan McKim, and his three key henchmen (Chief Operator Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief of Corporate Planning and Development). With a myopic view of the landscape, there is no room to question the way things are done or suggest better systems, process, or technology. It is clear only lip service is given to the Diversity and Inclusion efforts as none of this “mafia” are active in the seven Employee Resource Groups. If they believed in the effort, they would be part of the steering committee and sponsor an ERG but alas they are too important to be bothered by such efforts. In fact, Alan is a firm believer that certain jobs are just not right for some people. When asked about how to ensure there are more women in the CDL ranks, he pontificated about how maybe that is not a job for women, and they should work in the officer instead. Kudos for such forward thinking. Right up there with his inability to grasp the use of pronouns and why it is important to allow people to self-identify. As far as technology, unless it is something Alan has created, he has little time for it. Concepts like a functional CRM or AI are too cutting edge and not for this company.

9. 5.0

Review

Aug 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good ambience, Great opportunity to work for fresher's.

Cons

Nothing negative about the organisation

Clean Harbors Response

Thank you for your review.

10. 5.0

What

Aug 24, 2021 - Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

All good. Nice place to work

Cons

None at all enjoyed job

Clean Harbors Response

Thank you for your review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,193 Reviews