DFI Retail Group Reviews

Found 259 of over 292 reviews

3.1
DFI Retail Group CEO Ian McLeod
Ian McLeod
Pros
  • "great benefit and staff discount(in 20 reviews)

• "Work life balance and good culture for learning(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can do better in Work life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Communication between senior management team is not clear and caused a hard time for the team member sometimes(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Pt3

Jun 11, 2021 - Part Time Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good career growth & intensive training

Cons

No all is good nothing is wrong

DFI Retail Group Response

Hello and thank you for leaving us your feedback. We're happy to hear that you had a positive work experience and enjoyed your time working at Dairy Farm. Thank you for your time with us and wish you best of luck in your future endeavor!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Experience at DFI

Nov 11, 2021 - Demand Planner in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good exposure, dynamic environment, fast paced

Cons

Poor communication across functional team

DFI Retail Group Response

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that overall you feel positive working at DFI which is a workplace offering good career exposure. As a sizable organization, we also understand that it's important to creating an environment that allows smooth communication across teams. We appreciate your comment and we strive to continuously improve in this area. We're happy to have you on our team, and thank you for your contribution!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Legal Counsel

Oct 24, 2021 - Legal Counsel in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment, work life balance

Cons

Benefits for work pass holders are limited

DFI Retail Group Response

Hello and thanks for leaving us your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed working at DFI and found it to be a workplace offering friendliness and work-life balance. Thanks for joining the DFI team and please continue to share your thoughts with us so we can continue to improve.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenging & Many Opportunities

Oct 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many opportunities to propose new ideas and the company is undergoing transformation currently.

Cons

In retail, very fast paced and need to be on the ball always.

DFI Retail Group Response

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Indeed, our transformation journey so far has been very exciting and all our team members play a very crucial role in this process helping us to navigate challenges and changes and bringing in new ideas so we can be innovative and forward-looking organisation. We're glad to have you as part of the team in this journey, keep up the good work!

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Poor systems and processes

Nov 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

10% discount at DFI brands

Cons

Systems are outdated and there is a lack of ownership of processes Lack of engagement and no focus on employee wellbeing

DFI Retail Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on areas that can give our team members a positive and healthy workplace. We're disappointed to read about your experience and it appears that we are not there yet in some aspects. We appreciate your sharing of your feedback with us, and thank you for your hard work.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing experience, never a boring day

Sep 14, 2021 - Senior Manager in Tampines New Town,
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leader in retail, dynamic industry, good people, going through a growth transformation which provides many opportunities for learning.

Cons

Extremely matrixed otherwise a great experience.

1 person found this review helpful

DFI Retail Group Response

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're excited to hear that you enjoyed your time with DFI and found this a great place with growth and learning opportunities. We are indeed a matrix organization which is undergoing a lot of transformation! Thank you for your time with us and we wish you all the best!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Working environment

Sep 12, 2021 - Student in Tampines New Town,
      Business Outlook

Pros

employees are nice and helpful.

Cons

work is tiring base on the volume

DFI Retail Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you find DFI a pleasant and enjoyable workplace for you with helpful team members, and this is the type of work environment that we aspirated to create for all. We're happy to have you and thank you for your contribution to the team!

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dynamic Culture

Sep 3, 2021 - Operations Support Executive in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff discount across all banners

Cons

No work-life balance and way too much job scope for one person to handle

DFI Retail Group Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, both positive and negative. We understand that things aren't always perfect but we're committed to continuously work on areas that can improve our team members journey at DFI so everyone can strive in their own way in a work/life balance and healthy environment. We're glad to have you on the team and thank you for your contribution.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Low Salary

Aug 13, 2021 - Part Time Sales Associate in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule and staff discount

Cons

Ridiculously slow response to lack of manpower. Low pay for the amount of stuff that we need to do.

DFI Retail Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback on manpower and compensation and we will be working on these areas in the future. Thank you for all your hard work and we wish you all the best!

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Aug 19, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours and nice colleagues

Cons

No further progression for work, limited things to learn. High turnover rate

1 person found this review helpful

DFI Retail Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment. We're glad to hear you feel positively about of the flexibility we offered here at DFI for our team members. It's also equally important for us to hear about areas we can further improve on and we appreciate your feedback on learning opportunity and development. Thank you for all your hard work at DFI!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 259 Reviews