Cover image for DialogueDirect

Found 274 of over 338 reviews

3.2
DialogueDirect CEO  Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland
Pros
  • "Very supportive and fun work environment(in 21 reviews)

• "I loved getting to harness my people skills and learn sales tactics for a good cause(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stand a lot, stressful, long hours(in 23 reviews)

• "Some people don't like adverse weather conditions(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best Job/Career ever!

4 Oct 2022 - Fundraiser/Dialoguer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get to travel and meet new people and see new places! I express my passion for causes I am excited about. Work with like-minded people.

Cons

The only one is the weather sometimes.

Director of Community

Thank you for the review and your perspective! We're happy to hear how much you enjoy the travel, causes, and team. We hope to continue supporting a fulfilling career for you!

2. 1.0

Worse Job I Have EVER held

10 Oct 2022 - Fundraiser/Dialoguer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing, this place was a nightmare and horrible

Cons

Everyone at this job is horrible, the people are ruthless and don't care for their staff or anything. Its very money hungry and no one seems to actually care about what they are fundraising for.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. Join the DialogueDirect team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 2.0

A literal scam

11 Aug 2022 - Fundraiser/Dialoguer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people for the most part

Cons

A toxic work environment that preys on young people.

5. 3.0

Okay

4 Jul 2022 - Site Representative in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people to word with

Cons

Poor payment.. the base is too low to make a living

Director of Community

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed working with the team! The team strives to communicate transparently in job postings, interviews, and our social media platforms so our communities have a clear picture of the role - speaking on behalf of charity organizations in public outdoor spaces. We're sorry to hear that pay wasn't what you were looking for. We also communicate in the interview that the base is between $20-25 plus performance pay, as well as paid training. We're dedicated to providing a lasting career and our compensation is currently the highest in the industry. With that we do still understand it's not a fit for everyone and wish you the best in your next career steps!

6. 3.0

UGH

12 May 2022 - On-site Representative in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are lovely and the mission is good.

Cons

The payment... they make you feel like bad.

Director of Community

Thanks for the compliments on our team and mission! Sorry to hear your thoughts on the pay. We provide an hourly base and uncapped bonuses to provide both stability and motivation to all fundraisers. We currently have the highest pay in the face-to-face industry and structure it to empower the team to grow their career.

7. 1.0

Don't waste your time

31 May 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I got to see different parts of the city.

Cons

Working in the horrible weather. Having to come in on the weekends to "make up" for my time off. They sell it as an easy thing to do. You are literally on street corners.

Director of Community

We appreciate the time you took to make an impact with our team. Face-to-Face fundraising is both a rewarding and challenging role, so we strive to communicate both the benefits and obstacles a team member can face. In our job postings, social media, and interview process we focus on transparency so that a new fundraiser is set up for success. Whether it's elements of weather or daily rejections of the public - these are factors that we face to find passionate donors. Consistent attendance is also important for team operations. We provide paid time off, personal days, volunteer time off, and paid holidays - given we have an unexcused shift we do make up the time to fulfill a team members full time schedule. Working outdoors in major cities is a challenging opportunity and we understand it's not a fit for everyone, but we wish you the best in your next steps.

8. 2.0

Good money bad management

22 Mar 2022 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

As long as you approach people/hit goals you can make good money.

Cons

The only way to move up is tp retain people you don’t get paid extra to train and guaranteed training will affect your sales numbers and take away from your pay. Management is so manipulative and favortistic that retaining people is nearly impossible. You’ll be asked to come in early and stay late unpaid.

Director of Community

We are consistently open to feedback as we know that it's vital to creating an empowering and thriving environment that allows you to reach goals, make good money, and enjoy the work. Leadership roles do have a standard of training team members and focusing more on others rather than personal performance. We understand the transition into leadership can be challenging so leaders are provided a higher base, development training from our Director of Integrity, and opportunities for further bonuses. We agree that manipulation is never a way to manage and/or build healthy, lasting relationships - but rather productive and empowering feedback with accountability. Community is one of our core values so team members are seen for their attitude, work ethic, and student mentality - our dedicated Pillars of Success. We will continue learning, growing, and providing the best possible experience for team members. Sending you well wishes in your career.

9. 5.0

Hard work pays off

28 Feb 2022 - Team Lead in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- the company benefits after 90 days. Great healthcare, vacation accrual, etc. - the pay structure rewards working hard - being outside on beautiful days - the conversations you have can be rewarding, and some of them can really be hilarious. New Yorkers are funny people. overall, dialogue strikes a really good balance between the bottom line and the well being of its workers by making sure everyone knows that there IS reciprocity. You work hard, dialogue rewards you with good opportunities. Plain and simple.

Cons

the only real con of face to face fundraising is that the public can and will be mean. That'll never change, so... and management knows this. They know how tough the job can be at times. That's why you can make good money doing it. The charities know how hard the job is. But the value of what dialogue does comes from how hard the job can be. Always a balance.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Community

Thank you for your impact and insightful review! As you said we do our best to provide great benefits, opportunities, and balance so that our team can truly thrive. Agreed that we understand the difficulties of facing the public, so we focus on equipping the team with support and resources to still do amazing work. The feedback on more skills focused trainings is helpful and will continue to improve development. Cheers to growing together!

10. 2.0

It's a hard job

24 Feb 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worth it to do the job

Cons

Travel is hard. But you can learn to adapt

Director of Community

Thank you for taking the time to leave review. We agree that a traveling role takes time to adapt to and that the impact and rewards of the role are worthwhile!

11. 1.0
      Former Employee

"people are our priority" ...unless you work for us

30 Jan 2022 - Roaming Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

team leads were amazing to work with.

Cons

this company suffers from a lack of organization, first and foremost. there were plenty of instances where teams were not provided information, enough equipment, etc, to be able to best execute our jobs. there is a huge disconnect between management and the people on the streets putting in the work. there is also no work/life balance. yes, you're signing up for working long weeks - 48 hours, 6 days - but while they say you have a day off (sunday) that's untrue, as that's the day spent traveling to your next location, unless you're fortunate enough to be staying in state, in which case you actually do get a day off but are told it's a PRIVILEGE. team leads are not paid accurately for the work they do, as they're expected to put in time planning and organizing after they're off the clock. there is no actual 'off the clock' but you're only paid for those eight hours a day, and if you don't meet their inflated expectations (immediately, by the way, as there's not much training), you're not paid a living wage. if you get sick (ie: COVID, as your days are spent interacting with strangers on the street) management doesn't care, they simply seem annoyed by you being unable to work. they never treats you as more than you are to them - disposable and replaceable. perhaps that's why their turnover rate is so high.

Director of Community

We're glad that you believe the Team Leads are amazing to work with. Leaders and senior management work closely to make sure all information is communicated as clearly as possible. Naturally with any communication there's room for improvement so we take your feedback into account as we continue growing. Team Leads have a role with more responsibility and hence their pay is higher to compensate for their impact. There are regular check ins with Team Leads, on and off the field, to support their success and the development of their teams. We've had COVID-19 protocols to take care of our team and support their health, the public's health, and ability to support our charity partner missions. We've updated protocols to remain current and continue wearing masks to uphold health and safety. For traveling we strive to paint as clear of a picture as possible. From schedule to lifestyle, and team dynamic to goals - we have a multiple step interview process to communicate with clarity. The National Roaming Team are pace setters because they take on a role to be the face of great charities while traveling across the country. We understand the combination of travel and performance is not a fit for everyone but we will continue improving to make the best impact for our team and partners.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 274 Reviews
    </>Embed

DialogueDirect Reviews FAQs

DialogueDirect has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 338 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at DialogueDirect to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DialogueDirect employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DialogueDirect. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

52% of DialogueDirect employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DialogueDirect 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with DialogueDirect Job Seekers