HubSpot Reviews

4.7
HubSpot CEO & Founder Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan
Pros
Cons
  • "This isn't to say that the work-life balance is bad (it isn't)(in 57 reviews)

• "Fast growth creates some growing pains -- like needing to develop new managers/leaders(in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A company with an empowering culture that focuses on you"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

HubSpot values learning and growing - and it practices what it preaches. As a HubSpotter, I have always felt like my job was being valued. Additionally, It's surprising to see how the leadership focuses a lot on the personal development of all employees, and I see myself growing as much as I want to in HubSpot. Never want to leave this place!

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and is naturally prone to many cons of a normal "entreprise", so the next few years is going to be an important period as much as it would volatile and unpredicted.

HubSpot2019-10-02

October 8, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for the review, we hope you never want to leave as well! Really appreciate all that you do to help our team grow and scale in Singapore, and excited to visit with the team there when I arrive next month! Sincerely, Katie

2. "A HEART Company"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

A Company with Good Culture Code

Cons

I have no comments on this.

HubSpot2020-05-12
  3. "Decent salary"

4.0

I worked at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture, perks and people.

Cons

Salary is not great compared to market.

HubSpot2020-04-16
  4. "Proud to work at SingSpot"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I feel extremely lucky to have been able to call HubSpot home for the past several years. I believe our senior leadership team has done a tremendous job of listening to our customers, employees and investors and as a result has hit the mark in getting our product roadmap and go to market strategy right. Our financials, online reviews, ENPS and customer NPS scores are objective proof of this. It's incredibly rare in a several thousand person company to be able to work this autonomously and see the tangible impact you can make as 1 employee. This is even more evident in our developing and emerging market groups such as Southeast Asia, India and Japan. I believe that every employee is trusted and encouraged by leadership to drive strategic initiatives which can impact the company's growth, our customer's experience and the community's adoption of best in class marketing/sales/customer service strategies. I'm surrounded by some of the most intelligent, driven, and creative people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. This team constantly pushes me to level up my knowledge and skills, and hold myself to a higher standard. Very confident in our product and the people we have in place. Excited to see what lies ahead and grateful to be a part of the journey.

Cons

It can be easy to lose sight of how special it is be be a part of what we're building. Negativity amongst a few outliers, especially in satellite offices, can easily spread itself across teams and manifest itself as resentment. I believe it is on all of us to buck this trend.

HubSpot2020-02-13

"Unparalleled Medical Benefits in Singapore but HR is a Disgrace"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

HubSpot has one of the best medical plans, which does not require a health screening to be eligible. Meaning pre-existing conditions and illnesses are covered too. Dependents not only includes spouses and children, but you can also add your girlfriend/boyfriend or partner onto your medical plan with the same exact coverage too. Majority of my colleagues are wonderful people and many of us have formed great friendships due to the culture of the office. We have team-bonding outings and activities, some sponsored by the company and some by our manager/team budget. We have a well stocked pantry with snacks, ice cream, fruits, drinks, cold brew coffee, cold brew tea and even beer - all for free! Not to mention a free weekly lunch on Thursdays for the whole office, which sometimes doesn't feed enough of us, but it is free so can't complain. We have a prayer room for our muslim colleague, we have a mother's room, a meditation room which we all use as a nap room, and we have a fully equipped gym. Having unlimited leave is communicated verbally, but it is not in our contract, as this is only applicable for top performers and if your workload is manageable in your absence. Our contract states 18 days annual leave, which is still pretty good if you add in all the public holidays.

Cons

HubSpot proclaims to be a company with HEART but that is not the case, which is a let-down as I was led to believe otherwise. Employees and Managers are not treated equally or held to the same professional standards. There is also a bias between local and foreign employees. Managers who should be on our UGJ (HubSpot's Use Good Judgement Policy) plan due to their insensitive unethical behavior, comments and action - do not, but instead wins a trip to our annual President's Club and not because of hard work but due to riding on the coattails of the team. Many complains have been made from various people to HR but our HRBP does nothing. There is no consequence to bad behavior and it is made to seem like we are sensitive and should not finger point, and instead we should be the ones to reflect on our own behavior and not nit-pick. When HRBP follows up, it is just a formality, to document, and it is a waste of our time as our feedback gets brushed under the rug, because HRBP has more important things to do. HRBP is hardly in the office, we all wonder what our HRBP actually does. HR is suppose to play a big role in mitigating conflicts. Conversations with HR are expressed as confidential but that is not the case, whatever feedback you've shared gets passed onto your manager. There is no trust and no psychological safety whatsoever. When you try to set up time to talk with HRBP, it either gets rescheduled because HRBP out of office or never happens at all because it gets forgotten and you are left hanging wondering, "What is the point?". Our HRBP tends to get emotional and has expressed that receiving personal feedback is not a strong suit. How then are we supposed to communicate to our HRBP if there are certain things we are unhappy with HR on? Just a few days ago, I saw someone left a feedback on Glassdoor titled "Shady practice being rewarded". Our HRBP should have flagged that AE to management and put that AE on our UGJ plan but did not, if that AE was on the UGJ plan, promotion would not have been triggered and people will not be angrier at this outright scam. Now the whole Singapore office is talking about it, even though no names were mentioned, we know who it is and it is driving morale down. If our HRBP claims to not know about this issue with that AE (which has been happening over an extended period of time and isn't a one -off case), it can be believable, because our HRBP does not bother to build relationships with employees or help resolve internal conflicts, but instead panders only to senior leadership.

HubSpot2020-02-08

February 18, 2020Chief People Officer

Lots to take in here, a few notes below: 1) Promotion criteria in sales are not determined by the HR team, nor is President's Club, so while I'm sorry you are frustrated, those two particular issues are unrelated to your frustration with our team. 2) Just because you don't see/hear a BP flagging something doesn't mean it isn't happening--I spoke with our head of international on the issue you flagged this week--we've been laser focused collectively on employee safety and wellness with regard to coronavirus, so that's been the top priority of our team and the JAPAC leadership teams above all else in the last several weeks. 3) We care a lot about fairness, both the perception of fairness and the practice of it in our promotion criteria, so I can't comment specifically on the issue you highlighted above for employee privacy reasons but it's something we value highly and actively follow up on. Finally, I'll just say that we have a full HR team in JAPAC for a reason, and we actively offer for folks to talk to other folks on our global team if they are interested in doing so, either in region or out of region if there are concerns or a frustration with follow through, so if you have feedback to share, there are a bunch of options and channels to share through and we welcome it. Sorry to hear you're frustrated here, this was tough to read and respond to, but hopefully we can help work through it. -Katie

"Shady practice being rewarded"

2.0

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Great benefits and passionate people (mostly).

Cons

Summary: Sales Rep who pulled off several shady deals are flagged to the sales management, but ignored and covered up. The said sales rep was not penalised with HubSpot’s use-good-judgement plan, but instead promoted. Background: An AE sent out several emails to existing customers, telling them that they can procure a new SKU without additional cost. Essentially, the AE gave a major and perpetual discount off the existing products, and added the new SKU in the new contract at full price. With that, the AE gets recognised for the full revenue associated with the new SKU (yes, that is how the HubSpot sales commission plan used to work. It was recently changed in Feb 2020). This does not positively grow the business in the long run, and on the contrary, harms the business which operates on a subscription basis. When the services team has consolidated the deals closed due to this bad practice, the management turned their cheeks and ask for the team to not “finger-point”. It makes sense, as such big discounts require the approval of the higher sales management and they were part of the team that made such shady deals possible. Due to the “new revenue” brought in by the said AE, he was promoted in the following month. It's a slap in the face for the others. Conclusion: Hard work is overrated at HubSpot. Learn how to game the system.

HubSpot2020-02-04

"One of the Best Places to Work - Culture of Growth and Quality of the People is Unparalleled"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

SingSpot is easily the best company I've worked for! First up, let's talk about the perks at SingSpot! Many of these reviews say they're unreal but let me break it down a little. It's a 'known fact' that Singapore's national pastime is eating - SingSpot delivers above and beyond on that front. Here's a list of what's in the mix: Waffle Wednesday, Catered Thursday Lunches, (newly-introduced) Panini Friday, End-Of-Month (EOM) Pizza and EOM Drinks. Not forgetting the amazing and well-stocked pantry - coconut water, green tea, ice creams, assorted nut dispensers, regional tidbits and 2 beer taps. If you think we're all about food and drinks, we have got in place an on-site gym and an annual gym subsidy for folks to balance the sinful indulgence. It does seem apt that I mention a little about our focus on Health and Wellness, especially after all that speak about eating and drinking. What we got at SingSpot is an insanely good medical and insurance coverage! It even covers visits at the Chiropractor and TCM specialist. What's more, we've even held massage sessions at SingSpot during our Health and Wellness Week. We are also a rather fun-loving and diverse bunch! Fun fact, we have more than 20 nationalities in the APAC region and that really brings on different perspectives. We also get together frequently as small groups and a couple of times every month and every quarter in big groups. Some cool gigs we've hit up in the past- Virtual Reality Park, LaserTag and Fragment Room. We have various interest groups ranging from the cat-lovers group to school alumni groups and women groups to a ping-pong club. It would be an absolute crime to not mention the unlimited vacation program and the flexibility to work from home. I love how the company recognizes how everyone may be wired differently - working remotely may help one to deliver their best work. To appreciate longer-tenured employees, HubSpot also offers a five-year sabbatical program which is a 4-week paid sabbatical with a $5k bonus! For those who may be interested, we do provide Employee Stock Purchase and Grants along with the employment. I do also think that we're quite competitively compensated at SingSpot. I also adore the work-life balance here - leaving work on time means I get to pursue my other passions/interests outside of work which value-adds to my work. Now on to the 'more important' perks! HubSpot values personal development and growth of every single employee. The culture of growth and learning is seen in so much that we do - monthly new hire panel, new hire training program, workshops, AMAs, Specialized Training, Company Wiki and our Internal Online Learning Center. The leadership here is extremely transparent - we even have access to the decks/documents from their off-sites. The extremely feedback-centric culture might feel a little uncomfortable at the start but soon enough, you'll look forward to receiving them and eventually delivering some of your own. One of the rare perks I don't see often in other organizations will be my one-on-one weekly sessions with our Managers and Team Leads. These sessions have been truly critical in removing my learning roadblocks and accelerating my growth at HubSpot. The icing on the cake is the free books program and annual tuition reimbursement of $5k available to us to spend on educating ourselves. Overall, I'm just extremely grateful to be in an organization that values our personal growth and development - putting in place all they can to help us become the best versions of ourselves. My last and favourite perk at HubSpot. I can unequivocally say that it's going to be the people I work with. It's one thing to read about a set of values that a company say it will uphold and one thing to see them truly lived out by everyone day in and day out. At HubSpot, it's the latter - I've seen how each and everyone I've come across has lived the "HEART" values out and it's such a privilege to come to work some of the smartest, knowledgeable, humble folks I've known. The resolve to solve for our customer is really infectious. It's really inspiring to see people who are trying to become the best versions of themselves and in turn if motivates yourself. Also, I've never seen a company so happy for people who are leaving the company for further pursuits. Someone once said, "A good measure of a company is how they treat those who are leaving." and I think we rank pretty high in that regard. We have great vision and plans in the coming few years. Although I can't divulge much, I'm really excited about our growth in the coming years. I guess this my dream company to work for. So you can say that I'm living my dream now!

Cons

The following may not be con per se but they're definitely areas of concern for some people: - There are really high standards and a really steep learning curve. For some, it might be too metric-driven at times. Therefore, the intensity of the roles might not be for everyone. There's a high chance for burnouts. That said, the management has tried to improve this with health-related workshops (sleep, posture and nutrition), providing a meditation room, building a safe space and enhancing psychological safety. - It's an extremely fast-changing environment. SingSpot operates a little like its own startup and it's a bit of a double-edged sword. While we're agile and adaptable, we can get a little disorienting for some. We don't have a lot of policies so typically you'll hear UGJ (Use good judgment) but that can have differing interpretations. Some see this as empowerment, trust and autonomy but some view it as a lack of guidelines. To each his own, I personally love it but a little more processes/systems and playbooks wouldn't harm. - We're also not as well-known in APAC and in Singapore as compared to HubSpot in other markets. So you might find yourself trying to even spell out "HubSpot" for some customers. I personally find that really exciting that we're in the process of making ourselves better known in the region. Some other areas for improvement KPI - Some of the metrics connected to performance used in this region may not be the most reflective of an employee's ability and can become customer roadblocks. They can be majorly swayed by cultural perceptions of scoring. Product - While I love the frequent product updates, we can improve the way they're shared. - Product adaptation to meet regional expansion goals can be enhanced. On the product front, more localisation and more language support are very much welcomed, especially in the APAC region. We're trailing behind in terms of mobile play and eCommerce play. - The ideas in the HubSpot Ideas Forum can be worked on more actively (especially those with more than 150 upvotes over an extended period of time). Career Development - Availability of certain roles in other regions may not be available in SingSpot, especially for more product-oriented and niche roles. However, internal mobility is great! Strategy - The playbook for certain markets such as India and some other Southeast Asian markets is still in its early stages and strategies from North America might not be as applicable. Cross-Collaboration - Cross collaboration/function can be improved - introduce more projects that require the involvement of 2 different functions Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion - Even though we are rather diverse in nationalities and ethnicity but we can be more conscious in embracing inclusivity and belonging. Comparing SingSpot to other offices, advocacy in LGBTQ isn't as strong. Also, the choice of restaurants and food preferences during social events can take more into consideration of Muslims, Vegetarians and Vegans. - Also, we have quite a skewed "younger" group of workers (mostly millennials) and the balance of some more senior workers could be useful for us. Giving Back - We can be more environmentally conscious - more conscious with choice of food vendors and in encouraging the use of own reusable cutlery. - We can also give back more to the community in Singapore e.g. Blood Donation Drive, Community Events and helping the elderly etc. Just a caveat here, no company is perfect and some of these are present in most companies of our nature (SaaS company, mid/large scale and trying to localise). These are simply things I hope we can improve on but I would still like to highlight that it's still one of the best companies I've worked for. This is so especially so when I’ve worked already for a few companies prior to HubSpot.

HubSpot2019-11-08

December 8, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for the feedback, and for hosting me in Singapore a few weeks back! We just launched our Alliance and newsletter in support of LGBTQ+ employees in Singapore in the past four weeks, and I was lucky enough to host the first discussion by that group, so I think you will continue to see more there. Your other points are well taken, thanks for writing them up and giving us so much great feedback to work off of, I appreciate it so much! -Katie

"It's a amazing place to grow better, period!!"

Current Employee - Sales in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great like-minded folks around - Leadership is transparent about in and out of the company - Great vacation and health benefits - Autonomy at it's best - Employees wellness is actually well looked after - There's never enough to learn it all - you cannot stop learning at Hubspot

Cons

- Need more core growth roles in APAC - Should involve individual contributor roles into decision making; esp when those teams are small / just individuals and spread across the globe

HubSpot2019-10-18

December 8, 2019Chief People Officer

Love the headline of this review-so on mission, and thanks for all that you do, the callout on leadership and transparency, and the kind compliment--it was such a treat to visit with you all a few weeks back. Really appreciate the feedback and all you do to help us grow in the region. Sincerely, Katie

"Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

HubSpot has always made me feel welcome and included right from the very first interview I had with them. Joining the company has just shown how much effort has been put in to ensure this is an inclusive and accepting workplace. From the trust the company puts in their employees to the amazing benefits, I could not ask for a better place to work at.

Cons

There could be more improvements made around career growth.

HubSpot2019-10-20

December 8, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback, for hosting me in SingSpot, and for making the time to write a review. I appreciate your callout on the inclusivity of the environment and your fair feedback on career growth--appreciate you making the time to share it with us and all you do to help us grow! -Katie

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Treated like adults, Vacation Quota Relief, unlimited leave, strong share options, no capped commission. You also have the opportunity to have a seat at the table. If there is a challenge that needs to be addressed or goal that needs to be achieved and you feel you can add value in that context, senior management are open and humble enough to let you try and drive the required changes.

Cons

Quite a lefty company. Can be a bit much sometimes.

HubSpot2019-10-18

December 8, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for the callout on treating people like adults and the seat at the table, and thanks for the kind compliment that senior management is open and humble to change as we should be. Interesting that you feel the company is lefty--we really try to be neutral, but appreciate the feedback always, so thanks for sharing it! -Katie

Found 1102 reviews