NVIDIA Reviews

4.6
NVIDIA CEO and Co-Founder Jensen Huang
Jensen Huang
2,140 Ratings
Pros
  • "Smart peers, work on cutting edge technology and very open and friendly culture(in 207 reviews)

• "There is good Work life balance(in 200 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Depending on team, work-life balance can be tricky(in 257 reviews)

• "long hours of work may be needed at times(in 51 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Innovative and inspiring company to work for!

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent about company strategy, innovative, committed to company growth, supports work-life balance, unlimited vacation and seeks to do good in our communities.

Cons

Work at NVIDIA is like a buffet. You can overeat if you're not paying attention.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

May 9, 2021 - Strategy & Innovation in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting Edge technology integration of AI

Cons

Killing Intel , and other silicon fabricators. Too dominant in the industry

3. 5.0

Good Company

Mar 9, 2021 - Engineer in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Culture, Pro-family and have work-life balance

Cons

So far there is not much cons that I can think of

4. 5.0

Marketing Manager

Jul 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great colleagues, flexible environment

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A global company, your team may be spread out in different countries; but you can work from home.

Jan 3, 2013 - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Not much career prospect. Management opportunities is very little. Since your team may be spread out in different countries, it's sometimes difficult to discuss among team members. Sometimes you need to wait for following day to get answers to your question (because of different timezone). Job security is not so good, there are some retrenchments and office shutdown history globally (Singapore, Beijing, etc). But they give good retrenchment package.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Sep 29, 2013 - Marketing Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of empowerment. Innovative company that tolerates risk taking.

Cons

Treadmill pace. Poor work life balance

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

FAAMG would soon be heard to be FAAMGN

Jul 31, 2021 - Senior System-software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

You take care of the work, company would take care of you kind of company. Great CEO. One of the brightest people of the company. Pay when added with Stock options Employee friendly. No work differentiation based on location. Good ppl are rewarded Insurance, Food, Transportation, Broadband etc.

Cons

Managers are the bosses, so it depends if you are governed by a horse or ****** as "People still leave the company". No review system for managers or feedback system and even HR also cant help. It depends on the team, in case you want to work on technical good stuff else would get stuck in a loop. Often work requires extra hours to put in which impacts wor life balance but no one forces it. Bell curve followed so that means someone in the team will be rated bad even whole team worked good.

8. 1.0

Abusive and extreme micromanagement

Aug 1, 2021 - Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Very dynamic upper management. Very clear about their strategy. 2. Very good pay 3. Opportunity to work in industry leading technology

Cons

1. This could be team specific but too much of micromanagement. Often was taken to an extreme in my team and caused confusion about actual expectations, priorities etc... Also the manager would always talk in a derogatory and accusing manner. Seemed like the aim was to make me feel bad. Depends on each individual’s preferences and sensitivity but this caused a lot of anxiety to a point where I had to quit. 2. Growth can depend on a lot of other things than the actual talent and contributions such as what / who a particular manager favors whether an individual is from a “top” school

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great improvement and handling of COVID

Jul 16, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been here for decades. Recently company has made great improvements in employee relations, pay and appreciation. Don't know of another company that handled covid safety better. We are still WFH and no pressure to return as yet another variant wave (Delta) is upon us. Nvidia has also gone out of its way to help employees dealing with covid tragedies here and abroad. I lost 2 colleagues last year and they treated their families well.

Cons

Same old industry stuff. Crazy deadlines and mismanagement of overly-optimistic product schedules.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Beyond Amazing

May 7, 2021 - Software Architect in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jensen, our President/CEO is very intelligent, driven, articulate, encouraging, warm, and approachable. What you see on stage is the same person you bump into in the halls or overhear at the bar. Yes, we have a really nice bar in our building. NVIDIA's success and amazing culture clearly comes from the top. During Covid, he has firmly repeated this message: "Put family first!" During the holidays, we don't have a big expensive company dinner, we volunteer or donate to our local communities. The work is challenging and meaningful. Compensation and benefits are great. I love my coworkers. I've been here almost five years. It's real and I still can't believe how lucky I am.

Cons

NVIDIA innovates at a crazy pace. There is more work to do than time to do it. But everyone around you is working super hard. And doing what you love, with people you care about, for a president that seems genuinely to be one of the nicest human beings I've ever met makes me want to work extra hard, too. So the biggest negative is really self-inflicted.

7 people found this review helpful