Paycom Reviews

4.1
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,640 Ratings
Pros
  • "Paycom offers some great benefits(in 135 reviews)

• "1 health insurance for myself is pretty nice(in 93 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Paycom has started embracing new technologies but I personally think they should start building their backend in other languages(in 359 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be a challenge for certain departments during periods of peak business(in 187 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Once in a life time opportunity

Mar 11, 2022 - INSIDE SALES REGIONAL MANAGER in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom has changed my life personally, professionally, and financially so much in the time that I've been here. We are extremely fast moving which means tons of opportunities to move up within the organization. The culture is great, the pay is great, the benefits are great. Don't pass up on the opportunity!

Cons

It's a hard job and not everyone can do it. If you give it the time it requires to learn the job, I don't believe there is a better place to be than at Paycom!

3 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your dedication! We’re happy you’re enjoying your career at Paycom and appreciate you being part of the team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Tough Job but well worth it

May 17, 2022 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Management cares about employees

Cons

sweat shop that is highly competitive

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review! We are glad you enjoy the many benefits at Paycom. It is great to have you on the team, and we appreciate your dedication. If you have not already, we hope you share your feedback with your leaders or with HR at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

good

May 15, 2022 - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work and good wlb

Cons

nothing that ican think about

Paycom Representative

It is great to hear you find Paycom a great place to work! Thank you for sharing your experience, and we appreciate you being part of the team!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

May 13, 2022 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organization cares about it's employees

Cons

Need more remote options for all employees

Paycom Representative

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are thrilled to know you see Paycom taking care of its employees. Because we are an actively growing organization, leadership is constantly looking for ways to improve processes and enhance both our employee and client experiences. We encourage you to connect with our HR team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com with feedback and suggestions. We appreciate you being part of the team!

5. 5.0

Good workspace

May 12, 2022 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, great additional benefits, great teams.

Cons

Headquarters is in oklahoma city.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to know you enjoy the management, teams and benefits at Paycom. Paycom is growing and it is great to have you on our team!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Top Company to work for

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Glad to be a part of a great company that’s growing and offers a lot to help companies with HR and payroll needs and so much more.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Paycom Representative

It's great to hear you're glad to be part of our fast-growing team at Paycom! Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate you being part of the team.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

May 10, 2022 - Team Lead in Grapevine, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get stretched in many ways, learn a ton, and get to work for a growing organization who has a desire to be #1! Highly competitive pay, benefits, and an incredible culture.

Cons

You'll work hard and change is consistent as the org. is growing.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to know you enjoy the competitive pay and benefits at Paycom. Paycom is certainly growing and it is great to have you on our team!

8. 5.0

PAYCOM #1

May 10, 2022 - Tax Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been working at PAYCOM for a little over 2 years now and the PROS that really stand out for me at PAYCOM are the culture, opportunities for growth and the ongoing support from my team members and leadership. The culture at PAYCOM is excellent. I haven’t worked at any other company that was more involved in making sure employees are happy, appreciated and even having fun! PAYCOM is constantly having fun events like the 12 days of Christmas where each day great prizes were given away. One of my favorite activities that we do twice a week is Chair Yoga. ¬¬¬ PAYCOM is GROWING. And there are so many opportunities for growth. In fact, I was recently promoted to team leader. My past team leader was recently promoted to supervisor a few months ago. PAYCOM has an excellent training program ensuring success in your current role and a well-defined path to promotion. Leadership at PAYCOM is very supportive. There have been numerous times when my hard work was recognized by leadership. I really feel appreciated at PAYCOM and leadership goes out of their way to make sure of it. Additionally, I’ve always gotten a ton of support from leadership in pursuing my goals at PAYCOM and growing into a leader myself. I look forward to my future with PAYCOM and the next step in my journey as SUTA team leader in Grapevine Tx!

Cons

Lunches variety and quality could use some improvement.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you’re enjoying the culture, growth opportunities and team environment at Paycom. Congratulations on your promotion! We’re happy you’re looking forward to growing your career with us and appreciate you being part of our team.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Pay, Required Overtime often, a lot to learn but the work isn't bad

May 10, 2022 - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cheap Insurance, decent pay, growth opportunities

Cons

Required Overtime often, could pay more, some TLs don't know much about the work and aren't very helpful so it can be difficult to prosper when first starting out.

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing your experience. As a feedback-centric organization, we hope you share your thoughts with leadership or our HR team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com. Thank you for being on the Paycom team!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Can’t keep up with other tech companies

Apr 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a great place to start your career out of college. You will learn so much about business ops and HR.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company is not what it used to be and has failed to keep up with the times. Failed leadership in the service department has resulted in some of the worst turnover I’ve ever seen. Specialists are completely overworked and it’s led to insane burnout. There has also been no flexibility with WFH, where other companies will allow it in a heartbeat to keep good employees. Paycom does not care about keeping employees for the long term. No cost of living adjustments, no raises for inflation adjustments… all while expecting five days in the office while gas prices are sky high. I have seen Paycom’s most tenured employees leave at an alarming pace the last 3-6 months. Clients are also feeling the pain of the turnover.

22 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We are glad to hear you view Paycom as a good place to learn about business ops and HR. We are dedicated to continually improving our programs that impact employee well-being, such as the addition of well-being advisors, increased PTO and adding more headcount to help support our current employees. If you didn’t share these sentiments before your departure, we ask that you do so by connecting with our HR team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,296 Reviews

Paycom Reviews FAQs

Paycom has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,377 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Paycom to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Paycom employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Paycom. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

79% of Paycom employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paycom 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Paycom Job Seekers