Schneider Reviews

Found 1,272 of over 1K reviews

3.6
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke
Pros
  • "If you have a great dispatcher or driver business leader, you will love your job(in 58 reviews)

• "Awesome place to work, great people(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay per mile, freight going to north east(in 40 reviews)

• "Dispatch is illogical and sporadic(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Schneider is a great place to work!

29 Jan 2021 - Compliance Manager in Green Bay, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and people are awesome - a big reason I have worked here for almost 30 years There are a wide variety of career opportunities across the US and Canada Great pay and benefits program

Cons

The corporate headquarters is in Green Bay, WI. Many of the support departments are based there - living in snow country may be a turn-off to some. But there are many other job opportunities in Sales, Operations and Customer Service throughout the country.

3 people found this review helpful

Schneider Response

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for providing us a 5-star review and more importantly, thank you for your 30+ years of service with Schneider. It is people like you who help us to be successful in many areas! We appreciate you sharing your experience with those who are considering Schneider as their next employer of choice. We are so proud to have you on the Schneider team. Thanks again.

2. 5.0

Ops Mananger

10 Sep 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

management is good and cool

Cons

long working hours and not compensated

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Training & equipment need work

14 Jun 2021 - Tanker Driver in Keasbey, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trainers and facilities are nice,

Cons

Trained on everything and passed the academy. I tried to have both classroom and behind the wheel trainers show me the onboard navigation, book keeping system and was given a manual which was my 1st downfall. Behind the wheel training was shared with 1 other student. I was trained on short local trips and then placed on 600 mile trips. Saw a man have a nervous breakdown and quit at end of behind the wheel training because his trainer was really bad. My truck was a stripped down old truck and did not have enough equipment to do the job like I was trained to do when I arrived on my first OTR trip.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I liked them so much, I came back!

15 Apr 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Reserve, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schneider provides a fantastic support system for their drivers. Their terminals, called Operating Centers, provide showers, laundry, food, entertainment, weight rooms, company stores, repair facilities, company cars as loaners, and even physical therapists in a few. They also have a pretty good benefits package, and they do a fair job of getting a driver home in a timely manner.

Cons

Due to the sheer number of employees working at Schneider, and probably the high industry-wide turnover rate, drivers are made to feel like they are a commodity by management and dispatch, easily replaceable. We are, but they don't have to treat us that way. For example, out of a class of 30, only two of us lasted longer than a year.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Could be better

13 Jun 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in San Bernardino, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uniforms, you are not micro managed as long as you are doing your job, always keep you busy, equipment, for the most part. DBL are friendly and helpful. Planners…… not so much.

Cons

“Computer generated dispatch” supposedly. Some days, will have you drive hundreds of miles for 3 loads. We get paid $15 an hour plus load pay so, we make our money off of loads. No mileage pay. Planners will have you drive from hell and back, to maximize your 12 hour shift, while limiting your loads and pay. Slip seat trucks and sub par loaner equipment. Not all the time, but happening more frequently, send you to LA to run LA loads. Distance and traffic, minimizes your load count and pay. Plus, they have a LA yard that is supposed to run LA loads.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Reassignment after injury. Injury has left some work restrictions.

7 Jun 2021 - Company Driver in Cleburne, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schneider has taken very good care of me as an injured employee. I want to continue working for Schneider: their honesty and quality is really appreciated.

Cons

A bit longer for the healing process for my injury. Only 4 months were allowed, the doctors that performed the surgery suggested 8 months. I would still like to drive for Schneider.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Big revolving door company with a large customer base. They have low pay rate compared to most companies.

11 Jun 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of trailers with modern trucks. Different opportunities available from home operating center.

Cons

Sleep apnea testing is required as a way for them to get into drivers wallets. Low quality, retread tires are expected to be run down to DOT minimum tread depth. Wheel covers make checking air pressure a hassle. Trucks don't have brake pressure application guages. Horn honks if door isn't completely latched.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Well maintained newer equipment

8 Jun 2021 - Dedicated Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trucks are newer models that are well taken care of, if issues arise with the equipment it is quickly fixed. Dispatchers treat you like a person and not just another number unlike a few larger trucking companies.

Cons

As a dedicated driver sometimes the hours aren't specifically set so you occasionally have to adjust work/sleep schedules.

9. 5.0

Great company

16 Jun 2021 - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing bad to say. Great company

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Honest company but not enough pay

9 Apr 2021 - CDL A Local Driver in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

My Driver Business leader and others do what they say and put in an honest effort to make sure I get home every weekend. There are many OC’s across the country and bear some of the largest cities which really comes in handy when you need a place to park. The benefits and 401k are average middle of the road ... not better, not worse than most other trucking companies. They are also pretty good at keeping you rolling for the most part.

Cons

Being on the road and not getting home to my family everyday is really beginning to take a toll on me. The pay is not that great in my opinion. Yes it is slightly more than a lot of other jobs that don’t require a college education but on the lower end for trucking jobs... by the time you factor in that my average work week, every single week is 65-70 hours plus sleeping in my truck every night hundreds of miles away from my family makes the pay not enough. If you average it out with the hours I make around minimum wage! Some weeks I may only bring home $600.00. I believe I have only brought home over $1,000.00 after taxes twice since I’ve been there! My truck has broken down every single week for the past two months also which is cutting into my paycheck.

1 person found this review helpful