Symless Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

Found 22 of over 22 reviews

4.4
Symless CEO Nick Bolton (no image)
Nick Bolton
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Symless is a great, friendly and open work enviroment

May 11, 2021 - Technical Support Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly Supportive Open Social Room to develop yourself All remote

Cons

All remote, although this is both a Pro and a Con

Head of Team Success (HR)

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm also pleased to know that you've had a positive experience. Hopefully, once the current pandemic restrictions ease, we'll have some opportunities for team members to meet up in person.

2. 2.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

No career growth, No appreciation.

Dec 11, 2020 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life Balance. CEO promotes learning. You will get to work with some* great co-workers. Good product. Diverse culture.

Cons

Just about everything else - The upper management seems to be unaware of the reality and the actual work that is done. - Lack of vision, hence all the work is urgent. - Some of the choices for the leadership positions are really surprising and clearly, some of them are unqualified to lead. - Management severely lacks leadership skills and qualities. - Everywhere that a poor (or 20 years out of date) decision could be made with the tech stack, they dived headfirst into it. - Constant Shifting in Planning and Execution - No Integrity in Leadership

CEO

Thank you for your candid review, and thanks for highlighting the positives (work life balance, learning opportunities, great co-workers, good product, and diverse culture). We are working to improve our employee experience and your feedback is very important to leadership. It is unfortunate that this role had to persevere through a lot of urgent work, which can be very stressful. We are currently hiring a Product Manager to try and provide a more consistent work experience to team members. If you want to reach out to me directly to expand on any of this feedback, you can email me directly (nick@symless.com). Thanks, Nick (CEO)

3. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jul 21, 2020 - Principal Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great product - Very smart & engaged co-workers - Nice tech-stack - A lot of flexibility

Cons

Can't think of any so far

Head of Team Success (HR)

Thanks for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it and we're really determined to make Symless a great place to work.

4. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Flexible and lots of development opportunities

Jun 11, 2020 - Social Media Manager in Northampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Despite the team being distributed worldwide, there are a lot of opportunities for fun social activities - All ideas are listened to and appreciated - Lots of opportunity for development - Super flexible - Work from home - Interact with a community of users across the world

Cons

I can't say I've experienced any yet

2 people found this review helpful

Head of Team Success (HR)

Thank you for the positive feedback, and we're delighted that our borderless, flexible staffing model is working well for you.

5. 4.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

After a year

Apr 21, 2020 - UI/User Experience Designer in Port Erin
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is encouraging to be part of a team/company that can see the value in UX and embraces it. May we continue to appreciate and value in different peoples strengths, the ability to agiley approach new ideas, actively seek better ways of doing things and continue to realise that everyone can contribute something to a good customer experience.

Cons

Why does there have to be any cons?

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing Opportunity at Symless

May 6, 2019 - Sales in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very fun and engaging work environment with great colleagues and a very well recognized and valued product offering. This is a company with exciting long term growth opportunities for the right candidates.

Cons

Working remotely I don't get to spend time in HQ with the development team.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for writing a review. We'll do our best to arrange time together with the team for our remote workers.

7. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Drive and Determination to do it right

Nov 20, 2018 - Business Confidante in Douglas
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO Nick is determined to get it right and recruit the best people to move the company and software forward to the next level. He is taking advice from experienced people both inside and outside the industry to help him create and execute a great strategy, recruit and retain the best people and develop and enhance synergy so it can be proudly placed in the market with excellent results. Nick is listening carefully to all the advice he is receiving but is making his own decisions after careful and considered thought for all stakeholders which has been great to witness. He wants to get it right. His communication style has been consultative, open and positive at all times. It has been a pleasure working with Nick over the past few months.

Cons

None so far that should put someone off considering Symless as a future employer of choice

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Solid working enviornment

Oct 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nick (CEO) is easy going, and is constantly available when I needed information regarding protocols and other company policies and procedures. Having the opportunity to work with international clients was incredibly rewarding and satisfying. Being able to support a product that I previously used personally was a great honor.

Cons

Additional technical support engineers would help improve response turn around time.

14 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the feedback. You’ll be glad to know that we’ve now hired two Support Engineers because of your suggestion. We really appreciate your hard work.

9. 5.0

HR Consultant

Oct 15, 2018 - Human Resources Consultant in Douglas
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting times joining Symless and working closely with the CEO creating a collaborative culture and work/life balance environment. Friendly people and opportunities for professional growth. Approachable and supportive CEO.

Cons

None so far and all positive.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Symless now....

Oct 15, 2018 - Business Advisor in Castletown
    Business Outlook

Pros

The new software development is really exciting as it would move technology forward in the digital/software market. The Isle of Man is the HQ for the company now and it is a cool peaceful place that is an Unesco Biosphere. You pay lower taxes and get more for your money.

Cons

Can be wet and windy in the winter months.

11 people found this review helpful