Uline Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

3.5
Uline CEO Dick Uihlein
Dick Uihlein
Pros
Cons
  • "The dress code is a little strict but nothing hard or unreasonable to comply with(in 91 reviews)

• "silly little things that the big boss doesn't personally like, micro management, super corporate culture(in 46 reviews)

"Hope to be here another 7 years, plus some!"

I have been working at Uline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership is always approachable and I feel my opinions and insights are considered and respected. Management is supportive of my goals and encourages personal and professional development. I feel challenged to do my best each and every day, and am encouraged to go outside of my comfort zone to grow and learn new skills. Salary and benefits are competitive, and the company is very generous with bonuses and extra "perks." I enjoy the satisfaction of working hard to achieve my goals, and the company culture creates the perfect atmosphere for ambition and motivation to thrive. Work is fast-paced and impactful, and I've built meaningful relationships with many of my co-workers in the time I've been here. Uline has high expectations of their employees, which I can appreciate because I have high expectations of my employer.

Cons

Everyone mentions the dress code - it's never bothered me. You get used to it, just like any other company uniform. Transparency/communication in certain aspects of the company could improve - sharing the "why" behind some rules, processes, decisions, etc.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage employees, support their career endeavors, foster growth, and consider their thoughts and opinions. A good employee is your best asset.

Uline2019-09-05
  2. "Love working here!"

I have been working at Uline full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top management really does care about you. Food is amazing in the cafe. Free massages, fitness center and personal trainer available. Training is really good. Beautiful office. Not just stuffy white walls. Bonuses are awesome. The cons are out weighed by all these pros

Cons

Business professional Dress code, can only have 5 personal items on your desk, strict 8-5 hours, clock in and clock out even for salary employees.

Advice to Management

Be more open minded about dress code, hours, working from home.

Uline2020-01-23
  3. "Great job"

Former Employee - Warehouser in Braselton, GA

I worked at Uline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay great bonuses friendly people

Cons

Micro managing. No other cons

Uline2020-01-21
  4. "For self motivated hard working individuals"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Milton, ON

I have been working at Uline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, good growth, always busy

Cons

Needs more staff to balance work life

Advice to Management

Hire more staff and it will be the best place to work. Change cut off order time to 5 PM for customers

Uline2020-01-18

"Great company, great skill development, not so good lifestyle."

Former Employee - General Warehouse Associate in Braselton, GA

I worked at Uline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, pay, generous end of year bonuses, and great employee events. Management team is very well organized and are definitely go getters and finish whatever they need to get done. Uline teaches you how to become a better you and will challenge you to become more efficient and organized.

Cons

Consist of giving it your all and will leave you with little to no energy for your family. Seniority plays a huge role when it comes to internal job opportunities and schedule planning. Management team is very micromanaged and can get a bit annoying at times. CEO is very open about her conservative outlooks and plays a huge role with company decisions.

Advice to Management

Management team should always be growth minded. Develop a REAL leadership mindset, rather than just telling people what to do. There were times where I asked for help and management team did little tol help me. Highly suggested management team to take leadership classes and how to effectively communicate with their employees and coworkers. I know this will make Uline a top notch competitor because it will develop strong people with leadership abilities who are able to execute those abilities inside and outside the workplace.

Uline2020-01-10
  6. "Good pay & incentives, no creativity"

Current Employee - Manager in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Uline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

pay, incentives & bonuses, coworkers

Cons

work from home not an option, strict policies including dress code, too many hurdles for a simple approval

Uline2020-01-07

"Managed a territory of accounts."

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Uline full-time

Pros

Great place to learn and develop my sales skills.

Cons

Too much Micro Management and not enough trust.

Uline2020-01-03
  8. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Uline full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay well, management notices hard work and reward you for it, and consistent support from CSR and Sales Support.

Cons

Very Political, but you will find that everywhere really.

Advice to Management

N/A - I had some of the best managers in Texas.

Uline2019-12-20

"Great Place to Work! With an Interesting Culture"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Uline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uline is definitely an interesting place to work. It all depends on your department and managers. I enjoy the work and I have amazing leadership above me. They treat you really well here with outstanding benefits I know many other companies that would not do half of the things Uline does for their employees. The dress code isn’t as dramatic as people say it is. You are told before hand so when people complain it is just interesting because you were told before you accepted the job. The amount of events we do is great and they are always well done. Work life balance, at least in my department, is great!

Cons

At times the CEO is too involved and does not let people do their jobs. She lacks trust in her employees and uses biased opinions to make decisions. Although, the dress code isn’t a big deal having woman wear pantyhose is a bit excessive. Many employees tattle on each other to HR. Which definitely affects moral, we are treated like insubordinate children at times (too many items on desk someone decides your shoes are too casual etc.) The PTO policy is absolutely horrible. People come in sick all the time because they don’t have enough PTO or come in even when family emergencies arise because they are scared. Employees express this a lot but HR still does nothing - employee feedback should be important and implemented. Quite a lot of entitled complainers in the company. Diversity lacks substantially but it is improving. Micro managing - directors micromanage managers which then micro manage their team and so on. You hired people to do their job so let them.

Advice to Management

Improve micromanaging. Listen to employees and use feedback it will make us feel happier about working at Uline, like our opinion does matter. HR needs to be more open. They need a designated team or a person who employees can talk to about issues. Right now they just feel like they are there to make their own department run and not there for employees.

Uline2019-11-25
  10. "NYC Sales Management is a Disaster"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Uline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company overall but the NYC reps are miserable because of the sales management.

Cons

Toxic work environment for the sales reps in the NY region.

Advice to Management

upper management should look into sales management in NY or there will be turnover.

Uline2019-12-15