Verbund Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

Verbund CEO Wolfgang Anzengruber
Wolfgang Anzengruber
  1. "Former employee"

I worked at Verbund

Pros

Very high job security. Nice colleagues. Good locations. The cantine is a treat. Loyalty is financially rewarding.

Cons

Can be bureaucratic and political. Very limited career perspectives. Salary structures amended in past years (levels decreased). The management has limited risk appetite.

Advice to Management

Adjust starting salary levels for experienced new hires to attract talent internationally. Foster capable employees based on merits, including promotions.

Verbund2018-11-20
  2. "intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Verbund

Pros

stimulating environment, great capabilities, structured programme,

Cons

demanding, far away, not very flexible

Advice to Management

no advice really

Verbund2017-11-26
  3. "I had a good experience at Verbund, but it was a different style versus an American company."

Former Employee - Senior Natural Gas Trader in Vienna

I worked at Verbund full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Verbund provides a great work life balance.

Cons

There is a lot of bureaucracy and it was very difficult and slow to get decisions made on all aspects of business within the company. The decision makers on the holding board took way too long to make decisions.

Advice to Management

Please learn to make decisions at a faster pace and allocate more funds to the trading group..

Verbund2014-02-23
  4. "go for comfort"

Current Employee - International Projects

I have been working at Verbund full-time for more than a year

Pros

very comfortable to work at, work security at top

Cons

not great for young people if you want to create impact and successful track-record

Verbund2012-09-23
  5. "Verbund-Gemütlich aber gefährlich!!"

Sachbearbeiter in Vienna
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Verbund

Pros

I think it really depends on which department you work in at Verbund. Due to the nature of the energy sector there are definitely some areas of the company which seem to trundle along at their own pace and will continue to do so. However, with a company of this size there are opportunities to progress and diversify into other fields. Management treat employees with respect and are approachable and competent.

Cons

Although I haven't been working here very long, I have the feeling that it would be easy to fall into a rut and just get comfortable with the current position. I feel a certain lack of dynamic here.

Advice to Management

From my position and relative short time at the company I have little or no pratical advice for the upper echelons!!

Verbund2008-06-19