Vestas Wind Systems Reviews

3.6
Vestas Wind Systems Group President and CEO 	Anders Erik Runevad
Anders Erik Runevad
Pros
Cons
  • "I am looking for Denmark base job since my spouse is studying in Europe, Currently i am not getting(in 29 reviews)

• "poor management, slow decision making(in 22 reviews)

1. "Good"

5.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Singapore

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time

Pros

Good environment and employer with basic salary acceptable

Cons

Nothing serious To be alarmed

"Thinking of Vestas? Don’t, just walk away while you can. A sinking ship with weak to non-existing leadership."

1.0
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has changed much since I’ve worked here. The culture used to be fun, ambitious, hard-working but felt like we were all in it together, like a family. Many of the employees truly care about the company and its purpose in the world. Unfortunately, few of those people are in senior positions and are therefore working with their hands tied behind their backs since all decisions must be made at a stupidly high level. It’s a shame since the core product is very good and could have made Vestas a leader in the industry for decades to come.

Cons

It’s sad it has come to this; Vestas has become a really toxic and unpleasant place during my last few years. It has definitely changed – it used to feel like a family organization, but that feeling had gone. Office politics are rifle and the culture has changed; not for the better. Management? There is no management. The regional Head hired to lead currently is inexperienced, narcissistic and tyranny. He has an informal approach and often to crack jokes at the expense of others. Most of the time these jokes are crude and inappropriate. He has established a senior leader team of ’yes men’ who flatter his ego, tell him what he wants to hear and play politics. These senior leaders are either incapable of making sound business decisions or are paralyzed by indecision. Some senior leaders are over-opinionated and underqualified for the roles they occupy; some of them wouldn’t get past the CV sift if they had to apply or their own jobs. You could easily take away the top tier of management and productivity wouldn’t change. There is no accountability at this level, no decision making and no consequences for being bad at your job – in fact, the more BS you talk the more you get rewarded. It’s an elite circle of people telling each other how great they are but the lower ranking staff have no faith in their abilities or intentions. The decisions that are made are mostly based on egos and not on what is best for the customers or the company. These inexperienced, self-righteous senior leaders are extremely biased, will only support and help certain staff. Qualified, experienced staff members are often overlooked for a few narcissistic unqualified individuals who think they know it all (and unfortunately the ones who make the loudest noise are often nothing more than empty vessels) but would be laughed at in any other companies. These loud members of staff are also the ones who are willing to massage the right egos. Unfortunately here, the only people who progress are those who play the favourites game. Bullying of employees is a big problem and the Leaders are the biggest culprits. Local leadership is also insensitive, especially in HR. They aren’t looking for the right ways to do things, just the fastest and not necessarily the cheapest. Global policies are implemented just for show and not comply to, especially by the local Leaders. A lot of unethical acts are committed by these Leaders, who are here to milk an easy wage from the company, especially the Regional Head, and making days go-by by manipulating and game playing, thereby increasing this toxic environment. The Senior leaders and extended leaders are always traveling to meet but no action and outcomes of meetings. Unethical Human Resource Department. HR has too much power and abusing the term “retrenchment”. Using retrenchment as an excuse to terminate majority of the locals to replace them with transferees from Northern Europe offices or hire a particular Nationality that were recommended by the HR outsourced partner. Partners as well as one’s own nephew can be employed under the same department! Diversity is a myth; cronyism and nepotism is rifle. People are promoted for political reasons, it doesn’t matter that they are known to be terrible leaders, backstabbing narcissists or incompetent – on the contrary, those seem to be what’s looked for in a leader. Career development is non-existent unless you are in a sales role. In my well over a decade here, I have seen people from all over the world leaving the business after years because of this destabilizing workplace. We are bleeding top talents to our competitors and this will never make us number one in the industry. Long-serving leaders were also being let go all over the place, without any real explanation why; and those that aren’t being got rid of seem to be leaving in big numbers.

Continue reading

"A Great example where a great company going downhill with bad leadership"

1.0

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Colleagues, colleagues who would share and understandable. Colleagues who has abundance of knowledge and experience.

Cons

Since the change of Regional Management, it became toxic, political and full of finger pointing. Micro managing at its best and full of unnecessary meetings; those not within the cliques were sideline and some even get “asked to resigned”. and many of those colleagues (in the Pros above) were either made to resigned or demoralised.

4. "Benefits"

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and work life balance

Cons

Bad managment and culture in the company

5. "Planner"

Current Employee - Planner

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems full-time

Pros

Good company , work life balance and benefits

Cons

need to wait for your turn - more patience required

6. "good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems part-time for less than a year

Pros

engineer at any time attend

Cons

hard work and no time

7. "team lead"

Team Lead in Singapore

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems

Pros

culture and family friendly environment. work load is not heavy. travel to head quarter in denmark common. benefits are good

Cons

frequent organizational changes that leads to job instability especially when you are outside headquarter. also frequent changes in reporting officer.

8. "Engineer"

2.0
    Engineer in Singapore

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems

Pros

flex working hours, good colleagues and global exposure for leading wind technology.

Cons

Very Danish thinking., no room to progress up

9. "Good company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Highly flexible working hours Friendly colleagues Minimal office politics Work from home options

Cons

Lousy office facilities such as chair and monitor No aws Not so proficient IT Support (outsourced)

10. "Good Work Culture"

4.0
    Engineer in Singapore

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems

Pros

Felxi timing, good work culture, lots of encouragement from management to do new things and think out of box. Good salary and bonus. Free flow on information and idea.

Cons

Workload is too high sometimes, but overall nothing to be really worried or annoyed about as the office timings are flexible.

Found 649 reviews