Yelp Reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,946 Ratings
Pros
  • "The coworkers, free food , free coffee(in 310 reviews)

• "great culture and great people to work with(in 225 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stressful, product isn't believable to sell to business owners(in 274 reviews)

• "High volume cold calls are a must(in 89 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible, Fun

Aug 31, 2015 - Reviewer in Bukit Merah Estate,
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible job opportunities, great management

Cons

Not much room for growth

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Aug 11, 2022 - Senior Security Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits and they have provided me with opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Lack of department knowledge by my superiors. Lack of job security.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Aug 11, 2022 - Information Technology in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice benefits flexibility growth from within

Cons

no more in office, 90% remote work now

4. 5.0

great training, fun people

Aug 6, 2022 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

great enviroent, perfect training, and fun people

Cons

product development lacks imagination and practicality. This makes sales more difficult and dependent on trickery and misdirection at times. They are losing relevance and not in touch with the target consumer they are appealing to. Software is becoming more complex and needs to be more simple.

1 person found this review helpful

Yelp Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're so glad that you are having a five-star experience on our team. Rest assured, plenty of people are still using the Yelp platform, given that approximately 38 million unique visitors visited Yelp via our mobile app as of Q3 2021. Yelp works for more than just restaurants, shopping is the largest category of reviewed businesses, followed by restaurants. We're so excited that Yelp is still growing, and it’s thanks to the hard work and passion that comes from our talented Account Executives! We're grateful for your feedback and appreciate all of your suggestions.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Okay

Aug 10, 2022 - Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and good people

Cons

Difficult if you are not into sales

Yelp Response

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are so glad that you're having an overall enjoyable experience on our team. As you said, if you are not passionate about sales, the AE role might be more challenging. We have many other amazing opportunities at Yelp outside of our sales department, and we encourage any future candidates to pursue what they are most passionate about doing! Keep up the great work!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This Company Truly Cares

Aug 8, 2022 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are amazing, even offering tons of mental health coverage, family planning benefits, pays for your internet and SO much more. I have only been here 2 and a half months and am still in awe at how well this business treats and cares for their employees, even though there are thousands of them.

Cons

Sales is a tough gig and not for everyone, but the training provided is amazing and extensive and they do everything they can to help you get better and succeed.

Yelp Response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you're having a five-star experience on our team. It sounds like you are having an overall positive experience at Yelp, and we're so glad that you feel supported and valued here. We know that the Account Executive role is one of the more challenging roles at Yelp, as are most cold calling roles in any sales organization, but we work hard to provide our all of our employees, at every level of the organization, with ongoing support, training, and resources so that they can continue to grow and succeed. Keep up the great work! We are so lucky to have you and look forward to many years of growth.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Do your own extensive research & be your own judge - like i could have

Aug 8, 2022 - Assistant Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

PLANS to stay fully REMOTE. Perks Offered - Partnered with workbravely.com to provide career coaching and ThrivePass to provide wellness reeimbursement and allotment money that applies to SO MANY things- QuARTERLY snack box choices - Lots of opportunities to connect and do fun stuff aside of work (virtually) - Benefits fully paid, i do have a 1000 deductible that i must meet. HSA or HRA i think that can be invested, chance to purchase stock- monthly town halls - opportunity to schedule a meet with tenured reps to gain more perspective of the comp and company- becoming DIVERSE - very inclusive

Cons

I don't know that my con is specifically Yelp relevant or applicable to the state of many businesses in the company as a whole. Everythng is fast paced and result driven without really digging into the process needed to get desired results from employees. It's really disconcerting. Like everyone is in some state of panic. Other than that-- no real cons. Pay starts $17 if that helps to make a decision

Yelp Response

Thank you so much for your thorough and honest feedback about your experience on our team. We are so glad to hear that you find our perks, such as access to Bravely and our monthly wellness reimbursement, to be of value, and that you are enjoying being a part of our diverse and inclusive culture. While sales can be a fast-paced environment with many challenges, our Account Executives are at the core of our success and of many business owners that trust Yelp to help their businesses grow. We work hard to make sure our AEs feel supported and have access to the tools and resources they need to be successful, and one of the ways managers support their team members is by setting quotas. Setting sales quotas encourage people to continually improve, and we have found success with this strategy. While this environment is inspiring for most, we understand that it may not be for everyone. We truly value your feedback, and we will be sure to pass it along to our leadership teams!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

great culture, great benefits, great people, but very monotonous at times

Aug 8, 2022 - Account Exectuve
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. benefits 2.work life balance 3. training 4. growth

Cons

1. low base 2. tedious 3. management gets paid a lot of money essentially being an over paid babysitter.

Yelp Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are so glad that you find our perks to be of value and that you feel supported in maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We know how important it is to take time away from your desk to relax and recharge, and it's awesome that you feel empowered to do so. In addition, we're glad to hear that our Sales Training taught you valuable information to build a strong foundation for your career in sales! As you mentioned, our perks are definitely an awesome part of working at Yelp. We strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401(k) matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. All told, our compensation package is very competitive in all of our markets and is based on what our employees value most - total rewards. We work hard to make sure you feel supported and valued. We recommend that you share any questions or concerns you’re having with your manager. We want to give you the support you need to be successful and help you feel confident in the valuable work that you do every day!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company i have ever worked for

Aug 3, 2022 - Associate Restaurant Success Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - work from home - amazing benefits - unlimited career growth - recognition for hard work

Cons

Customer Service isn't for everyone

10. 4.0

N/a

Aug 1, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Company’s mission Co workers

Cons

Stress, tiring, immune to rejection.

Yelp Response

Thanks for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you are having an overall great experience on our team, and we are especially happy that you feel truly connected to our mission of connecting people with great local businesses. The people here at Yelp are truly amazing, and they bring so much vibrance to our diverse and inclusive culture, and it's great that you've found that here. The Account Executive role can certainly be challenging, and we strive to be extremely transparent in our hiring process about the highs and lows a career in sales can bring. We encourage you to lean on your manager and ask questions so that we can continue to support you. We truly appreciate all of your hard work, and we're looking forward to many more years of growth!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,091 Reviews
    </>Embed

Yelp Reviews FAQs

Yelp has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 4,262 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Yelp to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Yelp employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Yelp. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

62% of Yelp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yelp 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Yelp to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Yelp Job Seekers