Airbnb Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,056 of over 1,056.0 interviews

Recruiter14%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

A companhia tem um programa de recrutamento excelente e é muito profissional em transmitir os objetivos. Os horários não são os melhores mas são bons. O trabalho é um pouco desafiador e é adequado para pessoas que estejam dispostas a aprender

Interview Questions
  • Do you like working with people?
    Answer Question

Airbnb

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Probably the most uncomfortable process I had been through. Scheduled a call with recruiter, he called in 10 minutes late. I was barely able to hear him. [recruiter] Are you still interested in the role? - [me confused] yes, that's the reason I scheduled the call. [recruiter] Why do you want to leave your FAANG job? - it's been a few years with my current company, so I'm just looking around. [recruiter] Why airbnb? - I'm a backend engineer. The problems airbnb works on seem to be a potential match with my background. [recruiter] Why particularly airbnb? - Airbnb could be a potential match, but I'm also talking to other companies. [recruiter] I didn't expect you to say that. The other companies you're talking to might be a better fit. This won't workout. Bye.

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews. One with HR and another with the team that is hiring. The interviewers were friendly and located from around the world. They asked some basic questions that I was prepared for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

easy, no issues. pretty standard questions. nothing special or difficult. easy way to make a quick buck. I recommend this company for various reason. i dont know what else to say

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The interview process was pretty terrible, I would say look elsewhere or use them as practice (for other companies) if you want to leave with a positive experience whether rejected or not. I had went all the way to Onsites and was rejected over an automated email response, almost as if I was ghosted really. To go through 5 interviews and be rejected by an automated response, it was pretty disrespectful and I will never interview with them again because of this. The first call I had was with a recruiter and they were 20 minutes late. Had another recruiter who also didn’t seem like they knew what was going on. From then on, I just decided to use this interview process as practice for other companies. Most of the interviewers were kind but one did not speak at all for some reason, poorly conducted interview. Interview onsites were very long but not difficult. The recruitment process was very poorly conducted overall. Look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Started with an HR screen, I was told the first round was a tech screen to test problem solving and there wouldn’t be SWE level coding questions. Was given a LC hard during the tech screen, there was no communication or collaboration. The interviewer was proficient in another language, so they couldn’t understand my process/solution. They kept nitpicking on trivial details. It seemed like they had an answer in front of them and was trying to see if I matched the same answer. Was disappointed overall, but I guess it’s good that I got to see red flags in the first round. Don’t bother unless you’re part of the WeChat.

Interview Questions
  • LC Hard Also, the prep material is a joke

Airbnb

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

The interview process was fast and very well managed. There were 3 rounds. 2 technical and 1 HR. It was very role specific and focused on my past experiences and how I can add value to Airbnb.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Horrible interview. A bunch of oversmart people from US will take your interview in panic mode. They have hired cheap recruiter in Gurgaon who doesn't even know how many tech employees are there in gurgaon, I cleared hackerrank 100/100. First interview - Black hacker rank screen could not see the cursor so could not write code properly so wrote halfway through in my editor, The problem link interviewer shared didn't open in my system, so he shared his screen, After reading the big question I shared my screen to share editor, I was given a problem with 3 sub problem which I ran at the last moment, Interviewer gave positive feedback(but wrote some contradictory feedback) Second round was pathetic- I was given two problems, One I solved in 5 mins and showed the output. The second problem was from a competitive programming. I told a beautiful approach & solution and told I would use Priority Queue to do some task, this interviewer asked as to why after explaining the reason he said he understood, I was left with 10 minutes to code it as half of time went in deciding solution and explaining to this dumb interviewer but when I started writing code he kept asking again why am I using priority queue multiple times and lacked knowledge and concepts himself. I think I wrote a beautiful solution and I wrote a buggy code but I could write the whole approach in 10 minutes, to this interviewer said he was not expecting a working code. These guys will make you panic in 45 minutes asking 2-3 tough problem and weirdly decide who goes through. Not recommended at all, unless you are passing time like them. US interviewers will simply waste your time and indian recruiters are slave to them who will call you 10 times before the interview and won't even have the decency to reply to your mail once done.

Interview Questions
  • Not recommended at all. Bunch of oversmart us interviewers and spineless indian recuiter who doesn't even know as to how many tech employees are present at gurgaon centre

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

OA + 2 rounds of coding exercises + culture fit round(not taken yet). Have not heard from the hr after 1 week after the coding exercises. Will move on to other opportunities

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Airbnb in Nov 2021

Interview

The worst interview process I had - probably ever. Recruiter booked 30 minutes interview, but did not seem interested in speaking with me at all; did not read resume prior to the call, did not ask any questions, did not ask about salary expectations and was clearly doing something else during the call. I'm not sure if she did not like my voice or personality from the get go, or if they already had a candidate in mind. Either way, it was pretty clear to me after 15 minutes that recruiter had no interest in hearing about my professional experience, as she cut me short to ask if I would be ok with relocating to CA. When I answered YES, she sounded disappointed (LOL). Four days later I received the standard 3 lines copy and pasted "Thank you for your interest" email. I suspect the work portfolio sample I shared with the recruiter never made to the hiring manager's inbox. This was a waste of my time, and made me feel disrespected. I will never apply for Airbnb jobs again. P.S: my work experience is pretty close to the advertised requirements, including years of experience, hospitality experience and languages.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,056 Interviews