Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The first part of the interview process was an online machine learning assessment which was quite theoretical. It was then proceeded by a very technical phone screen for about half an hour. The interviewer was from the Netherlands. Based on her questions and tone, it did not seem the most welcoming team for graduates with data science backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more tailored to industry data scientists than graduate students. The questions were about using big data in past projects, implementing models and assessing performance, and putting the models into production in industry settings. Although I found I was prepared at the time, I did not have the industry experience yet. I usually use Kaggle for ML practice, Hackerrank for SQL and Python coding, and aceainow.com for ML Python practice.   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Interview

Pretty quick interview process. There were about four 30-minute interviews with different team members. No visual test or project was given as part of the interview process which was surprising.

Interview Questions

• What would you describe as your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

back to back interview: the two interviewers are really nice and helpful, they will guide you to solve the problem. The cross functional round is an interviewer from other teams, so that you can get to know more about other departments and let Airbnb know more about you.

Interview Questions

• intermediate questions about graph, need to compile and run the code   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airbnb in October 2020.

Interview

Interview steps
    1. Recruiter conversation
    2. Technical phone interview
    3. (optional) Technical phone interview
    4. Onsite

The process was a very traditional software engineering interview. I got asked to do a second phone interview after the first one was a bit of a toss-up. I ended up having a bad day for the second phone interview and was rejected but the problems seemed very standard. The time between steps took a long time but everyone I talked to was great.

Associate Principal, FP&A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb in October 2020.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from recruiter to schedule 30 minute interview.

The call was typical behavioral questions about your background and what you are looking for in your next role. Was also asked about my challenges or experience with diversity / inclusion, so be prepared to talk about that.

Recruiter said they would get back to me in a week about next steps, I followed up in 10 days, still haven't gotten a response.

HR Coordinator Interview

Interview

I sent in my Resume, was scheduled for a Video Recorded Interview and did not continue after that. The video interview was difficult - because you're not actually talking to someone and you only get about 15 seconds to think about the question before you're recorded.

Team Lead Interview

Interview

Time consuming but thoughtful. People were kind and well trained on interviewing skills. I enjoyed the conversations a lot. This was pre-COVID, so things may be different now.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was given a take home project before the interview which I was expected to spend between 20-40 hours on. I could see the other candidates who were interviewing for the position on the shared Google Doc. When it came time for the actual onsite, only one person actually attended (out of the group of 8 I had been told would attend. I was never given a reason why I wasn't offered the role, but I was a lot more qualified than the other 2 candidates I knew were interviewing, and likely would have been a much more expensive hire if they had wanted to make a competitive offer. All in all, given their recent layoffs I think it all worked out for the best!

Interview Questions

Interview

Extremely intentional, core values interview is unique and special. Makes you feel really connected to mission and company values. Study their mission and core values, all questions will be tailored around this. Feel comfortable asking your recruiter questions on how to best prepare, they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Study their mission and core values, all questions will be tailored around this.   Answer Question

EditorialAirbnb Magazine Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

I interviewed with three members of the editorial team (three separate interviews) plus someone from Airbnb HR. Overall, the process was speedy and incredibly transparent. I was updated each step of the way by another member of the HR team.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to read? Why did you apply for this position? What is one issue/ problem in the world that you hope can be solved? How do you go about solving this problem in your daily work/life? Who is someone you admire and why? Tell us about your past editorial experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.