99% would recommend to a friend
(1253 total reviews)
99% approve of CEO
Found 1,253 of over 3K reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "We have a great downtown office and culture is at the center of many decisions made." (in 231 reviews)
- "Lots of great people to learn from" (in 208 reviews)
- "A great benefit that allows you to connect with your loved ones at the end of the year." (in 151 reviews)
- "+ great team and colleagues" (in 72 reviews)
- "Provides a good work life balance" (in 56 reviews)
- "Bad management, hard to get new position" (in 77 reviews)
- "Some low level managers have not been trained well" (in 50 reviews)
- "The company has some serious ethical issues under the hood which are covered up by senior leadership and 'Talent/Employee Relations'." (in 42 reviews)
- "Disorganized, lots of redundant work, low salaries compared to other companies, lack of women in leadership" (in 40 reviews)
- "Middle management unnecessarily slows work and is bloated." (in 25 reviews)
- 5.020 Nov 2023Program ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSingapore
Healthy cost strategies and balance, keeping headcount flat and focusing on scalability. Forward looking, adapting to AI technologies.
Remote work gives flexibility but also loses that human touch
- 5.017 Oct 2023Trust and SafetyCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Live And Work Anywhere Not mandatory to go to office for work.
Expanded too quickly. Hired too many directors on the top without any concrete direction. Don't expect career progression. Operations teams understaffed.
- 4.029 Sept 2023Safety SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Great colleagues Good benefits Flexible work from home arrangements Lunch provided Good company events
Job is quite intense and time sensitive, easy burnout
- 3.021 Apr 2022Trust Operations SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
- attractive and unique mission statement, mission oriented and customer centric company - opportunities to take on different roles and projects that have org-wide impact outside of your core responsibilities - even at the IC level, you are respected as a specialist in your field and have a say in influencing key decisions/outcomes that affect our global users - multiple opportunities to work across and get exposure to different XFN groups; beyond core work, the role is what you make of it depending on your interests and what skills you want to grow - knowledgeable and experienced teammates who are happy and willing to spend time helping you develop your skills and set you up for success - managers who encourage you to pursue skills and interests outside of core responsibilities
Compensation and benefits are not competitive compared to industry peers and this coupled with poor morale during covid has led to attrition and poaching by other companies. Teams that have experienced attrition are suffering bandwidth constraints due to slow/no backfilling and Leadership's decision to prioritise hiring at the manager level instead of the IC level. Leadership can be slow to recognise and promote high performing and hardworking individuals who have proven themselves. On the flip side, some people who have no real interest/knowledge about their team/function can be promoted to the level of assistant manager just because they have been with the company for years and make special efforts to appease the big bosses.1
- 5.012 Jan 2022SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSingapore
- Believe and invested a lot on the mission. - good working culture and supportive colleagues.
- Compensation package can be better for certain roles within the company.
- 4.015 Sept 2021Market ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSingapore
A company that does great things and provides good benefits and culture
Messy structure, hard to get support if you work in remote offices outside of HQ.
Airbnb Reviews FAQs
Airbnb has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 2,516 reviews left anonymously by employees. 99% of employees would recommend working at Airbnb to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
99% of Airbnb employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Airbnb 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.