Cengage Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Cengage Interview Questions

Interviews at Cengage

2.8

Product Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen. During the in-person interview I met with three managers. They were pretty conversational and explained the day to day of the position. A smooth process overall

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

Straightforward and seamless. Applied on the website, got a call from hiring manager and scheduled interview, interview was with 2 managers over video. They sent me a text to follow up and make sure I got the video invite email before the interview day. After offer, got email instructions on background check and other prehire documents. I liked that I had one main contact Ryan, who responds quickly and answers questions throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you use to help a customer who is getting a 404 message on their website?   Answer Question
    • what is a new technology you are using   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage in December 2020.

Interview

I got a call a few weeks after I applied to set up a zoom interview. The interview went smoothly. I got a call two days later with a job offer. Best interview process, they are fast to get back to you and extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• If you did not know how to operate something work-related, what are some steps you would take to solve this?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

Interview

The initial interview process consisted of zoom face to face to meeting in which they would ask you a series of questions, and gave you a sample customer inquiry to respond to by email.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer.   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Recruitment failed to contact me back until three weeks after the interview, and stated they'd contact me back either way. Didn't happen from them, so I had to follow up on my own. Seems an unprofessional environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed at something, and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

I never got a response after the second interview. Sent emails and still no response. It’s unfortunate that i put so much time and effort for an interview and got no reply back :(

VP Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

HR reached out and set up a 30 minute call prior to meeting with anyone else. After that I was supposed to meet with hiring manager and a few of my peers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Cengage. What about the role do you like?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cengage.

Interview

Since it was through a recruiter, it was very casual. It was basically a conversation about what I'd be doing day to day. A little about the programs I'd be dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you faced some sort of adversity in a situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Louisville, KY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter to set up a zoom interview. The interview was with 2 employees. The manager and the Human Resources lady . The manager looked like she had just got out of bed and the HR lady was holding her baby while they interviewed me . They were very unprofessional. The interview took 5 minutes top . I would not recommend wasting your time with this company .

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interview. The first round was a phone interview with HR for around 15 minutes. The second round was an in-person interview with the team you are applying for in their Boston office.

Interview Questions

• The usual basic questions like strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.