Find jobs for Management Trainee

DFS Group Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 37 of over 142 interviews

Employee Referral6%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong

Application

I interviewed at DFS Group (Hong Kong)

Interview

Took around 1-2 months to finish the whole process. A total of 3-round interviews. First, phone interview with HR. Second, the assessment center. It would take you a half day. Analyzing two cases with a team of 3 and do presentations to two managerial level panelists. The cases are not too hard. Final, interview with business leaders, including the HR director and the department head. Basic HR questions, not. sure if they had picked someone when they are interviewing me because the whole process took only 30 mins and they didn't seem interested in knowing me more.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you worked with a group of people that are smarter than you. Why you?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at DFS Group (Hong Kong) in May 2019

Interview

There was 5 rounds of interview and it was quite a smooth process. There was a good support from the HR team and quick response for each round. feedback was also provided for each round and allowed you to prepare better.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think travel retail will involve in the next few years.
1 person found this interview helpful

DFS Group

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Group in Apr 2019

Interview

5 rounds, round 1 phone interview, round 2 group interview with case, round 3 panel interview, round 4 online test, round 5 senior management interview. The whole process is quite fast

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampines New Town,

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at DFS Group (Tampines New Town, ) in Feb 2019

Interview

fast-paced, challenging, have to think on your feet. Overall, it was fun but it requires a lot from you if this is what u want to work in next.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore) in Nov 2018

Interview

online application, shl,phone interview,ac,panel and the final. they asked a lot to confirm that you are really want this kind of job and willing to do retail work. the whole process is really cool but stressful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DFS Group

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at DFS Group in Jan 2018

Interview

5 rounds. First round phone interview that lasted 20 minutes, second round assessment center that lasted 5 hours, third round psychometric test that lasted 2.5 hours done at home, fourth round panel interview with hiring managers that lasted 1 hour, fifth round with directors which I never got to go. Sent two emails to get an update on the outcome weeks after the fourth round, but did not receive a reply. Basically a lot of time was wasted not only on their side but on the candidates’ side as well. Also, they won’t bother sending you a rejection letter. They would just ignore you and leave you hanging if they decide to reject you. So overall a negative experience as the whole hiring process and attitude towards candidates was dealt with unprofessionally.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore) in Feb 2017

Interview

Phone interview, assessment centre, panel interview, interview with MD(?) Would rather not have so many rounds just for a store operations manager, it did not feel necessary. However, HR team was friendly and did not make the whole process intimidating. However it would be 15 people ( split into 3 groups) with 6 people judging. Be prepared.

Interview Questions
  • They gave 2 case studies for us to review

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore) in Dec 2016

Interview

Phone call during which you are asked simple questions like why DFS, your motivation to join the company and strengths. They also asked for expected salary. After that is the AC. We were split into two groups. Each group worked on two cases and presented them to the pane. The cases were very simple. One question was about how a manager should deal with an under-performing team member, and the other question was about what strategies should a manager take when the restriction of alcohol purchase is lifted at the airport. After each group presented, they would have to take questions from the panel and the other group. I got through the AC but not the third round, which were mostly on behavioral questions. My advice for the AC is to be yourself, and ask smart questions. It would also help to research on the company's business before-hand.

Interview Questions
  • Where will a DFS career take you? Tell us why we should hire you. Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore) in Sep 2016

Interview

There was a short phone interview where they asked a few questions. It took around 15 minutes. After that I was asked to go for to the assessment center where they went through the program. There was a short introduction and then they gave case studies to groups. Time management was very important because they gave 10 minutes to discuss and 5 minutes to present.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore)

Interview

Had a simple phone interview before a 1 to 1 interview with the HR personnel. The questions asked during 1 to 1 interview focuses on leadership experiences. Aside from the usual questions, I had to give multiple examples on how I've dealt with problems as a leader in past experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Give me one example where you had to motivate a team member who is discouraged.
3 people found this interview helpful